IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Right. This is the one we've been 'waiting' for. We're going to absolutely batter Rotherham today.

Were going to start turning those chances into goals, that domination into chances. 

I'm going for 1 nil. COYR.

1-0 is hardly a battering. I would like at least 3 to make it comprehensive!

City must be positive and start with Abraham, Djuric and Tomlin (Taylor to come on as sub in 70th minute when the score is 3-0). There are interesting connections with Rotherham, as Gerry Gow played for them and Norman Hunter was their manager. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have them playing today? 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

City must be positive and start with Abraham, Djuric and Tomlin (Taylor to come on as sub in 70th minute when the score is 3-0). There are interesting connections with Rotherham, as Gerry Gow played for them and Norman Hunter was their manager. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have them playing today? 

Sure their legs would be suffering at their age now?

Edited by Jersey Bristolian
missed a bit

Great post Havana thank you.

Today it doesn't matter how we win, so long as we do.

I feel remarkably confident that we will win 3-1 and agree with Taylor being on the bench.

David Cotterill (who with the spotlight on MT has been somewhat over looked) will I think make a huge impact, he has the ability to provide width and quality crosses which we are in desperate need of. 

Having a fully fit squad available, a decent performance against Wednesday, the 35th anniversary of the AG8 and a run of away games throughout this month all add to the mix. 

Lets make lots of noise and remain positive throughout the entire game.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

Sure their legs would be suffering at their age now?

Reminds me of:-

Bobby Charlton was asked how he thought the England team of ’66 would have fared against Iceland. ” I think we’d have won 1-0 ” he replied. “Only 1-0?” Said the reporter. “Yes,” said Bobby. “Most of us are in our 70’s now!”

• Like 3

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/13420/Hat-trick.html

Saturday 4th of February 2017
Live At 15:00 UK Bristol City First Last Anytime 2 Or More Hat-trick
  Tammy Abraham          
16/1

Matthew Taylor          
28/1

FT Bristol City 6 (six) - 0 Rotherham United

Abraham 6'

Abraham 7'

Abraham 10'

Taylor 46'

Taylor 47'

Taylor 90'

The nurses say I'm being allowed out next Thursday.

Edited by finbarr_in_z
  • Like 1

In the name of our Lord Adge Cutler do we need the win today. 

I really hope it clicks, we play as a unit and leave the pitch at around ten to five tonight three goals up and with a weight removed from the club.

It needs to be a good win to show we've really started to turn the corner. Of course I'd take a one - nil win with a goal in the 94th minute after the ball bounced of Flint's backside and into the net but that wouldn't lift the cloud of doubt we have about Lee's ability to take us forward.

In the words of NASA flight director Gene Kranz, "Failure is not an option"

Edited by Midlands Robin
Shit spelling
12 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Tammy Abraham          
16/1

Matthew Taylor          
28/1

Abraham 6'

Abraham 7'

Abraham 10'

Taylor 46'

Taylor 47'

Taylor 90'

The nurses ay I'm being allowed out next Thursday.

They didn't do 6 (SIX) - it would have to be 7 (SEVEN) Flint 90+4' (backside)

• Like 2

The one new signing who could make a real difference this afternoon is Cotterill.  He is what we have lacked all season - experienced at this level, fast, big, can cross and can score.

As for the hype around Taylor, guess he won't start but may come on later.  He is from a league below with only half a season at that level, and no experience at our level.  He may set the Avon on fire but he may not, or he may need six or so games to find his feet.

We will know the answers by teatime today 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

@havanatopia

An extraordinarily passionate, articulate, constructive post, given everything that's gone on in the last week, let alone the season so far, best matchday post...:clap:

If the team could harness just 10% of the passion & fire & commitment that you write with and the fans support with, through thick and thin, the good and the bad (and at times the downright mediocre)...then it should be odds on for City win today.

But part of me, part of me, can see us being frustrated by the Millers, they've got nothing to lose, effectively down already, that if we aren't at least 2 up by half time, then you can imagine the reaction.

Today is about desire, 'wanting it', but alot to do with patience, both on the pitch and in the stands. 4-0 up in 20 mins or 1-0 in last minute, i don't care but we simply HAVE to win. Drawing or losing isn't an option today.

COYR!  :city:

I want it .

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning Hav and all.

I can see today going two ways. Either ROD has an absolute stormer and we lose 1-0 or Matty Taylor has an absolute stormer and we win 2-1 with a goal from the gashead and one from Tommo. 

I doubt Ekstrand will start as he isn't match fit but I fully expect to see him play for maybe the final 10 and he might get a hostile reaction after his comments earlier in the week. 

If we lose today, OTIB goes into meltdown. Eeek. 

17 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Ekstrand has barely any match playing time in the last 18 months so can't imagine he would be up to scratch and O'Donnell conceded 4 goals in his first game for them so if we get the chances, goals could happen in good numbers. I predict biggest win of the season here. 

Rotherham are at the Aztec Hotel & Spa - Ekstrand isn't with them. ROD is.

My informant says they think they're playing "Bristol" today. This sort of thing used to annoy me but, as time goes on, it becomes increasingly obvious in all sorts of ways that there's only one team in Bristol so why say more than that! :yes:

• Like 1

have just got home after doing a round trip to Oakham leaving 5AM this morning, went past the King Power in Leicester, and wished !!  6 hour journey and I am 66, bit knackered but will be in my seat this afternoon, so lads if an old git can do a trip like that, please please pull that extra out and get us a long awaited win :fingerscrossed:

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Tammy Abraham          
16/1

Matthew Taylor          
28/1

Abraham 6'

Abraham 7'

Abraham 10'

Taylor 46'

Taylor 47'

Taylor 90'

The nurses say I'm being allowed out next Thursday.

38 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

It's 3 points or he's sacked right after the game. Just look at the next four fixtures.My guess he will get away with it. But will be gone by the end of the month. 

Roadrunner, what have you done? I was over the moon when I read finbarr's post but sick as a parrot after reading yours! Why remind me that we could get zero points from the 4 matches after today? I need every bit of happiness I can get watching City, so I'm going to enjoy today's 6-0 win and forget about the rest of February 

• Like 1