IGNORED

5 points off 13th

Tinmans Love Child

I know we are playing badly and it's been a tough few months etc etc blah blah blah but we are only 5 points off 13th, and there are 7 teams within touching distance, we have a game in hand on 5 of those teams, 51 points left to play for, it's not over yet, with Rotherham doomed there are 2 places left and 11 teams fighting to avoid these places and we are playing 5 of these teams, it's nowhere near as difficult as last seasons escape, keep the faith!

IMG_0926.PNG

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just annoys me more really. Forest, Brentford, Ipswich, Cardiff, Wolves, anything against that lot, anything, and we would be pretty much in that pack.

That was such a frustrating period. Every team that beat us leap frogged us.

Love the optimism OP, but currently I'm still looking down at us being 3 points off the drop zone.

I won't boo Lee or the lads because it's not something I believe in, but despite 3 points today (which I am delighted with despite thie following) our perforamnce was dreadful. We looked like a team that could godown. Defensive errors collectively and individually, no creativity individually or collectively, no clear plan as to how we wanted to play on or off the ball. Very worrying. Really hope Johnson can build on these 4 points and get us a few surprising points on the road. Big run in ahead. Let's stick behind them when they need it.

The positive was we brought a few teams closer, unfortunately Burton and Blackburn didn't allow us to build a gap.

No team has any divine right to win against anyone. Apart from Rotherham all teams below us are averaging around a point a game....they must take them off someone!

9 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

That was such a frustrating period. Every team that beat us leap frogged us.

Love the optimism OP, but currently I'm still looking down at us being 3 points off the drop zone.

I won't boo Lee or the lads because it's not something I believe in, but despite 3 points today (which I am delighted with despite thie following) our perforamnce was dreadful. We looked like a team that could godown. Defensive errors collectively and individually, no creativity individually or collectively, no clear plan as to how we wanted to play on or off the ball. Very worrying. Really hope Johnson can build on these 4 points and get us a few surprising points on the road. Big run in ahead. Let's stick behind them when they need it.

Accept we are 4 points off it

The next four matches all away are the toughest set of fixture I can ever recall, if ever there was a conspiracy to get Lee the sack this is it.Leeds and Newcastle seem like mission impossible, Derby next week, they will be wanting to bounce back after losing yesterday....and Villa, poor form of late, but unbeaten at home. Couldn't be tougher, time to look at the squad and see who is up for the fight, looks like we have  in MT a confident guy who won't be fazed, for now at least, gotta feeling he and Djuric might be key in nicking a goal or two...  

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

The next four matches all away are the toughest set of fixture I can ever recall, if ever there was a conspiracy to get Lee the sack this is it.Leeds and Newcastle seem like mission impossible, Derby next week, they will be wanting to bounce back after losing yesterday....and Villa, poor form of late, but unbeaten at home. Couldn't be tougher, time to look at the squad and see who is up for the fight, looks like we have  in MT a confident guy who won't be fazed, for now at least, gotta feeling he and Djuric might be key in nicking a goal or two...  

I think you will find we will play Fulham at home in the middle of the run of away games

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Our squad now is far too good to go down.  Time to concentrate on climbing the league and aim for a finish of about 15th place.

Banish the memory of the losing sequence, banish the fear!

Saying that, in keeping with TLC's thread title, perhaps finish even higher than 15th.  If Taylor can step up quickly to this level, should be a very exciting end to the campaign.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Saying that, in keeping with TLC's thread title, perhaps finish even higher than 15th.  If Taylor can step up quickly to this level, should be a very exciting end to the campaign.

Love the optimism. Think we will finish about 18th again.

19 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It's current form that counts when looking at league tables. Gary Johnson used to look at the season on 10 match chunks. Are last 10 matches are relegation form 

Then our last 2 matches are automatic promotion form..?! 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Our squad now is far too good to go down.  Time to concentrate on climbing the league and aim for a finish of about 15th place.

Banish the memory of the losing sequence, banish the fear!

No squad is ever too good to go down.  OK this is probably our most expensive squad ever, but they need coaching and guidance

The league table seldom lies.  We are where we are because the wheels fell off!

Beating Rotherham can hardly be claimed as a turning point.  The next four games will tell us far more

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Then our last 2 matches are automatic promotion form..?! 

The last 30 minutes were Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrosicous!
If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precious 

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

No squad is ever too good to go down.  OK this is probably our most expensive squad ever, but they need coaching and guidance

The league table seldom lies.  We are where we are because the wheels fell off!

Beating Rotherham can hardly be claimed as a turning point.  The next four games will tell us far more

Drawing with Weds and then beating Rotherham; you have to combine the two elements.  That marks the turning point.

I honestly feel that our losing run was largely psychological and once the defeats had started coming thick and fast, the players had a cross on their back. A ghost that they could not shake.  The stark truth that we lost no game by more than 1 goal adds serious weight to this.

We were not a bad team then, and now, with the addition of Cotterill and Taylor, plus the improvements that will come from Hegeler and Djuric, we will be an even better team.

The coaching is there, LJ, Holden and Pemberton can all coach the players to the level required.

I can see us giving all 4 teams a serious game, in their back yards, and picking up 2 wins (Leeds and Villa).

I've said elsewhere, 4 points from the next 4 away games would be a decent return and a return I think we will get. Villa haven't won in 6 games and Derby have only taken 7 points from there last 6, so are hardly flying. NUFC and LUFC - anything from those would be massive.

These league is so tough and so tight - there are probably in excess of 5/6 players who individually cost more than our entire spending this season, and people think we've spent a lot.

Some teams will now start to get dragged down the bottom too, Ipswich, QPR, Wolves still struggling too.

Archived