IGNORED

Fulham date confirmed and KO Now 8pm (merged)

redfieldred

3 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Oh, no, half term is the week before, so it's a school night but kicks off 15 minutes later than normal with cheap kids tickets, hmmm whoops.

They can stay up late for 1 night.  I was allowed to stay up late on a Wednesday when Sportsnight was on back in the day.

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Originally called Sportsnight with Colman until they changed it to Sportsnight.  David Colman and Harry Carpenter were great and I too looked forward to staying up late to watch a Wednesday night match.  We appreciated TV football more in those days as there was not so much of it.

I remember watching Spurs v ? in a league cup semi when they cut in to the coverage to stream the US invasion of Somalia live.

6 hours ago, Lucan said:

Who on earth designed that??? It looks like a 10 year old made it in Publisher :laugh:

I've just found out Joe's little sister (Zara - 8) knows how to do PowerPoint with transitions.  Neither me nor Mrs Fevs taught her.  Her Ancient Greek homework is better than the club's effort.

4 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

They can stay up late for 1 night.  I was allowed to stay up late on a Wednesday when Sportsnight was on back in the day.

Me too.  Also, my games teacher used to insist we watched the England game highlights on Sportsnight or Midweek Sports Special so he could quiz us the next day.  So I'd trot home and tell my parents I had to stay up late.

Happy days!

10 hours ago, oldrosie said:

8pm start for quid-a-kid Fulham clash

In an attempt to attract kids, I've an idea .... put back the kick off to 8pm?!  What is that all about??  

I presume there`s other stuff on at AG during the day which needs to be cleared out before they can open the ground up for us to go in but it does seem a bit daft - just open the ground up fifteen minutes later than usual, no need to put the kick off back.

It is the only champ game on that night though - I don`t suppose they`re angling for Sky to show it are they as one of their one-offs?

12 hours ago, oldrosie said:

8pm start for quid-a-kid Fulham clash

In an attempt to attract kids, I've an idea .... put back the kick off to 8pm?!  What is that all about??  

My little junior is not going to be happy about that. He won't be home in time to catch the start of Babestation.

Do the club never think these things through?

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

@AdamB

How come kick off is at 8pm?

No great drama for a lot of folk, but clearly some noises from those responsible for small people.

"The match will start at 8pm to allow more time for scheduled events to clear out of the stadium."

Essentially we've got some major conference events and we didn't want those attendees exiting the stadium to affect our supporters. 

With regards to quid a kid; it was quid a kid when it was the Saturday game and as we had already sold tickets for that game so we have to carry that through. 

We are going to add another more realistic quid a kid offering later in the season, rest assured. 

Regards

Adam

Archived