IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Before the game, would have been very happy with a point.

But once again, the team throws a big lead away.

It's getting to the point of ridiculousness now. It has to be the setup and instruction by Johnson as to why we throw these leads away. It has to come down to him and what can only be complete and utter ineptness. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DJI said:

Its  not the draw that is depressing. You are right.It is a good point against an in form team but if you throw away a 3-0 lead when you are running them ragged and they have already made 2 substitutions in the first half, that would suggest something is very wrong. It was quoted on here that Derby looked tired following their cup match, then it was quoted that the manager had made to many changes, but I have to say that the wally with the brolly has got a better idea than the wally leading this team. 

They made 9 changes for the cup match, are you really buying the 'tired' crap?

I'd have taken a point before kick off, but clearly; you should never lose from 3 nil up unless your opponent is on fire.

Still; results have been VERY kind to us - if Newcastle beat Wolves we'll have had a good Saturday.

Real shame we didn't bury one of the other good chances, but need to learn how to hold on to leads.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Johnson gets no credit for the 3-0 lead, but the blame for the 3-3 draw.  It's a funny old game Saint.

I didn't give him credit for the 3-0 lead. But I do give him gref for the draw. How can the same group of players play so badly in the second half. Maybe the game plan was changed for them. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Normally I'd be with you all the way but I can't be having this one. From 3-0 up you have to see it out, no excuses. 

It is a good point regardless.

It feels like a terrible result because of how it happened.

Even the best of managers have thrown away leads like this, today we threw away 2 goals but were still winning before the referee screwed us.

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Bad result. Does nothing for confidence. Will be interesting to see if the penalty was legitimate. Could have been worse, a point is a point. Johnson probably won't go, we still need to solve our confidence issue and game management. 

I feel like that's a fair, unbiased statement. Going to leave the forum for today though, see you later.

it matters not whether it was legitimate or not, it was given and to be honest we had already made the decision as usual to surrender the midfield and when that happens you walk a tightrope that an incident like that eventually happens, it's self inflicted yet again.

• Like 1

The fact we can play that well in the first half shows there is talent in this squad. Our inability to hold on to it - yet again - shows we don't have a leader who can organise and shape that talent into a winning team. A half decent, experienced manager would fly up the table with this squad. But I expect Lansdown will just see the first half as a reason to hang on to LJ. Fed up with the incessant collapses.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, DJI said:

I have supported Bristol City for 50 years and I think this is just about the lowest point I have known. Even the youngsters that saved the club many years ago had more fight, drive & determination than this overpaid bunch.Sadly I was also one of the LJ ' in' brigade up till today.

Total overreaction.

we have been in the forth division 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's getting harder and harder to defend him. 

Worrying for him when even his staunchest defenders are having doubts B86. Doesn't give anyone any joy. Really thought and hoped we were going to turn it around today and he was going to prove his doubters wrong (including me).  Sadly I think this is worse than a defeat now, mentally and morale wise. 

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting when the commentary indicated Butterfield could have been sent for a second yellow, something in my mind went "this'll do for us" - after that he seemed to be everywhere and involved in everything.

Pleased Taylor looks to have really added something; reckon he'll bag a few before the season is out.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Here he is.

Where were you when we were 3-0 up ?

On the forum but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, rather like your Blessed LJ!

And PS how many times have you got to be asked to attack the post not the poster. I truly despair

Edited by Ivorguy
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

It is a good point regardless.

It feels like a terrible result because of how it happened.

Even the best of managers have thrown away leads like this, today we threw away 2 goals but were still winning before the referee screwed us.

James that is a joke right?, this the 4th time we have conceded 3 goals from a winning position.

PS:- We screwed ourselves and we always do, inevitable and predictable.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No need to shout.

It's called perspective.

Pre match I'd expect 90% of the people on here would have bitten your hand off for a draw. So today's result is not a bad one. The manner in which it happened makes it seem as such because we know we could have done better.

The first 2 goals the team should have done better, but we've been screwed by a referee again.

Can't keep blaming it on the Ref, the substitutions were the problem today, surely two strikers who are not injured can play for 90 minutes, no need to take off Tammy and Taylor, they were causing problems to Derby's defence, As soon as he changed we were on the back foot.  Bad decisions again by our great coach!

Edited by EstoniaTallinnRed

The LJ luvvies will point to a fantastic 45 minutes, turning a corner, good away point blah blah nlah

They'll then complain that anyone questioning anything would have loved it if Derby had scored a 4th because we want the team to fail and have a vendetta.

My advice would be to take your head out of the sand and stop being so stubborn, he's just not up to the job.

• Like 7