IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Worrying for him when even his staunchest defenders are having doubts B86. Doesn't give anyone any joy. Really thought and hoped we were going to turn it around today and he was going to prove his doubters wrong (including me).  Sadly I think this is worse than a defeat now, mentally and morale wise. 

It's funny. I'd have bitten your hand off for a point before KO. 

But there is something seriously wrong to keep doing what we are doing - capitulating from strong positions - and there seems to be zero sign of it coming to an end. 

We have chopped and changed personnel and the problems persist. This is a deep rooted problem and I wish I knew what the answer was beyond a change of management because I really want LJ to succeed. But I don't know where else we go...?

We could have genuinely been any score up - 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and we'd have all still been sat waiting for the vidi printer to confirm the inevitable.

Clearly the players are also in that mindset and if LJ cant change that mentality quickly then someone else needs to. 

• Like 5

I can't believe this forum, or perhaps I should.  If we had been 3-0 down at half time and come back to get a 3-3 draw, people would have been hailing a fantastic point.  The fact is we were playing a very good side who had the same number of players as us, and we scored three goals each.  It doesn't matter what order they were scored in.  They scored three and we scored three.  It was a good point.  Of course it's disappointing, having been in the lead, but it's still a good point.  Those who say they would have been happy with a point before the game should be happy.  We got a point.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

The fact we can play that well in the first half shows there is talent in this squad. Our inability to hold on to it - yet again - shows we don't have a leader who can organise and shape that talent into a winning team. A half decent, experienced manager would fly up the table with this squad. But I expect Lansdown will just see the first half as a reason to hang on to LJ. Fed up with the incessant collapses.

I reckon it's down to energy levels , the lads were fired up in the first half and inevitably couldn't keep it up for the full ninety. Should LJ have made the subs earlier ? I don't know.

The players are working the socks off ,that is definately a good sign .

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

SL will stick to him as long as he can. No window. 

That's the only criticism I have of SL, he and the board are bloody cheap and lack ambition when it comes to managers. So what if we get turned down by some of the "big names", if we actually got one who wasn't new to the league it would help us a lot.

7 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

How can you praise him? Tactically naive. We've seen this so many times already this season! We are massively in the shit!!!

So Taylor misses a sitter from 3 yards LJ's fault ? we would of been out of sight . Joe hits the post . All this gets forgotten by the likes of you don't it. Some absolute ******* belters on here.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Have you got a positive bone in your body mate ?

Nothing positive about our great coach, taking off two players who were causing lot's of problems to Derby's CB's and before you say resting them for Leeds, rubbish, win the game you are playing, not the game you have to play!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I reckon it's down to energy levels , the lads were fired up in the first half and inevitably couldn't keep it up for the full ninety. Should LJ have made the subs earlier ? I don't know.

The players are working the socks off ,that is definately a good sign .

You need for less energy when you're 3 up. 

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Inevitable and predictable that we would play Derby off the park and be 3-0 up ?

Or inevitable and predictable that we would chuck away a 3-0 lead ?

None of those are either predictable or inevitable.

Disappointing not to take all 3 points after the excellent first half but would have taken a point before the game.

OK if you say so the 4th time we have conceded 3 goals from winning positions and the 7th time since the end of October that we have lost from either a winning position or a drawing position in the last quarter of game, not inevitable not predictable?.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

James that is a joke right?, this the 4th time we have conceded 3 goals from a winning position.

PS:- We screwed ourselves and we always do, inevitable and predictable.

No it's not a joke, and this result has put a downer on my day.

But the result itself wasn't a bad one, it's the way it happened.

Battle from 1 down 3 times and many would be fine with it.

Swap roles with Derby and many would be delighted.

Go 1 up 3 times and it would be disappointing but a good point.

We went 3-0 up and it is devastating to throw away the win, but it is still a good point.

A person with interest in football but not associated with the club would look at the FT result and think "after their run they've done well". After seeing the HT score I'd imagine they'd think something along the lines of "bloody hell, they threw that away, decent point though."

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I can't believe this forum, or perhaps I should.  If we had been 3-0 down at half time and come back to get a 3-3 draw, people would have been hailing a fantastic point.  

Well, that would be a fantastic point...throwing away a three nil lead is...well, less than fantastic whatever the final score. I think that's what people are pointing out. 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I can't believe this forum, or perhaps I should.  If we had been 3-0 down at half time and come back to get a 3-3 draw, people would have been hailing a fantastic point.  The fact is we were playing a very good side who had the same number of players as us, and we scored three goals each.  It doesn't matter what order they were scored in.  They scored three and we scored three.  It was a good point.  Of course it's disappointing, having been in the lead, but it's still a good point.  Those who say they would have been happy with a point before the game should be happy.  We got a point.

It does not matter who you play. To go from 3-0 up to 3-3 is not a good point for ANY team.

• Like 1
Just now, steviestevieneville said:

So Taylor misses a sitter from 3 yards LJ's fault ? we would of been out of sight . Joe hits the post . All this gets forgotten by the likes of you don't it. Some absolute ******* belters on here.

Ok, take this game out of the equation. Are you happy with this season? Are we performing adequately in games? Too many fans happy with being a big fish in the league 1 pond. Not ******* good enough. 

• Like 2

You have made the doubters point for them.

How many goals ahead would you need to be to be able to win a game?

4, 5, 6?

Fantastic point: for Derby.

:grr:

tfj

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

We were 3 - 0 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and drew a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Reading where we were 2 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Cardiff where we were the better team and went ahead twice. We then panicked, conceded 2 late goals (so 3 in total ) and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Wednesday back near the start of the season when were 2 - 0 up and then panicked, conceded 3 late goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead on.

Do you honestly not see why people are upset about it?

• Like 3
Just now, JamesBCFC said:

No it's not a joke, and this result has put a downer on my day.

But the result itself wasn't a bad one, it's the way it happened.

Battle from 1 down 3 times and many would be fine with it.

Swap roles with Derby and many would be delighted.

Go 1 up 3 times and it would be disappointing but a good point.

We went 3-0 up and it is devastating to throw away the win, but it is still a good point.

A person with interest in football but not associated with the club would look at the FT result and think "after their run they've done well". After seeing the HT score I'd imagine they'd think something along the lines of "bloody hell, they threw that away, decent point though."

Will that person still think that if when end up in the 3rd division.

Everyone on the radio saying that if they were offered a draw at the start of the game, that they'd take it. Can't argue with that.

Thing is, if you'd offered a draw to any of these people at half time and they'd think you're a ****. As such, I can't understand anyone not being flipping angry that we've clung onto a draw from that position. Third time in a month we've chucked 2or 3 points away in a month. 

• Like 1

Nah, I disagree. For one game in isolation maybe but a season is obviously much more than that - and supporting a club you pay more attention than just to individual results, the pattern is just as important. We've been guilty of this all season, and if the goals had been the reverse (them 3-0 up, then us drawing) then it would be far more encouraging. How do you think the players will feel after this, and going in to the next game as a result - if we're 2-0 up next game?

Of course it makes a difference what order they were scored in. I'm looking for a sign of improvement of us maybe being more tactically aware and the games being managed better, not just the number at the end.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Football is not only an attacking game. If you're 3-0 up, you can try to keep possession and give more importance to defensive tactics, instead of trying to score more goals, especially when some of your players are tired and/or the other team'pressure increases.

It doens't guarantee you a good result, but having a plan B can be useful, in these circumstances.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can't keep blaming it on the Ref, the substitutions were the problem today, surely two strikers who are not injured can play for 90 minutes, no need to take off Tammy and Taylor, they were causing problems to Derby's defence, As soon as he changed we were on the back foot.  Bad decisions again by our great coach!

Hard to disagree with that, but not at the match so couldn't tell if they were fading or not. I guess they are still easing Taylor into the Championship, but no not the subs I would have done either if they were fit and playing well.

• Like 1