IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Its what ever you want it to be.

As I said............'ere they come.

When will members like you realise that LJ is not up to the job, you can't defend his record, something is badly wrong behind the scenes and that shows with the performances on the pitch.  Would you perform well for a bad boss?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Nah, I disagree. For one game in isolation maybe but a season is obviously much more than that - and supporting a club you pay more attention than just to individual results, the pattern is just as important. We've been guilty of this all season, and if the goals had been the reverse (them 3-0 up, then us drawing) then it would be far more encouraging. How do you think the players will feel after this, and going in to the next game as a result - if we're 2-0 up next game?

Of course it makes a difference what order they were scored in. I'm looking for a sign of improvement of us maybe being more tactically aware and the games being managed better, not just the number at the end.

Absolutely spot, how people cannot see that is symptomatic of the season as a whole is beyond belief.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

We were 3 - 0 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and drew a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Reading where we were 2 up. We then panicked, conceded 3 goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Cardiff where we were the better team and went ahead twice. We then panicked, conceded 2 late goals (so 3 in total ) and lost a game we were comfortably ahead in.

Not unlike Wednesday back near the start of the season when were 2 - 0 up and then panicked, conceded 3 late goals and lost a game we were comfortably ahead on.

Do you honestly not see why people are upset about it?

How many time this season have we been 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 down at half time and come back to either draw or win? That fact alone will demonstrate how much fight we have (:laugh:) in this team. Yes it wa an excellent point for Derby, I am sure most people are right, we would have taken a point before the match but it does not excuse throwing in the towel when we are comfortably 3-0 up at half time. I defy anyone to look at the half time stats and tell me that LJ did not change the tactics in the 2nd half. For the record the person who stated that Tammy and Taylor should have stayed on was100% right. Maclaren must have been laughing his socks off when he saw the changes.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It's funny. I'd have bitten your hand off for a point before KO. 

But there is something seriously wrong to keep doing what we are doing - capitulating from strong positions - and there seems to be zero sign of it coming to an end. 

We have chopped and changed personnel and the problems persist. This is a deep rooted problem and I wish I knew what the answer was beyond a change of management because I really want LJ to succeed. But I don't know where else we go...?

We could have genuinely been any score up - 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and we'd have all still been sat waiting for the vidi printer to confirm the inevitable.

Clearly the players are also in that mindset and if LJ cant change that mentality quickly then someone else needs to. 

Yep. At 3pm this was a fantastic result. But the manner of the draw, to concede 3 whilst sitting back, yet again, taking off our front men who must've been causing them problems, and when to all and sundry it's blindingly obvious that we are so so poor at sitting back after doing it so badly previously, just sticks in the craw. If we can all see it then why can't he? 

I suppported him vehemently up until the capitulation versus Cardiff but that for me was the final straw and it's happened yet again today. Like you I don't  know where/who we would turn to but I really feel that with the right person at the helm that this group of players could be easily top 10. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Nah, I disagree. For one game in isolation maybe but a season is obviously much more than that - and supporting a club you pay more attention than just to individual results, the pattern is just as important. We've been guilty of this all season, and if the goals had been the reverse (them 3-0 up, then us drawing) then it would be far more encouraging. How do you think the players will feel after this, and going in to the next game as a result - if we're 2-0 up next game?

Of course it makes a difference what order they were scored in. I'm looking for a sign of improvement of us maybe being more tactically aware and the games being managed better, not just the number at the end.

This is my concern. At the moment I think our biggest problem is we're panicking when we're ahead because we expect something to go wrong. Without that panic, I think we would be at least 9 points higher in the table and out of a relegation struggle. I worry about the knock-on effect of this game.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Then look at the players for once , he can't go on the pitch and hold their hands

I know where you're coming from as someone who has defended LJ to the hilt. But can you hand on heart tell me that we would have had a string of capitulations like this if we were managed by - say - Warnock?

I loathe the bloke but his sides just don't have that mental fragility that we have. Yes players have to take their fair share of the blame but it can't be denied that there's more to the jigsaw than that. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

When will members like you realise that LJ is not up to the job, you can't defend his record, something is badly wrong behind the scenes and that shows with the performances on the pitch.  Would you perform well for a bad boss?

His record here is actually rather good. Despite the results since Cardiff away.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Please explain why it is any different to any other 3-3 draw, apart from in the inevitable sense of disappointment?

This.

I'm as disappointed as anyone for throwing away the lead. But take a step back from it all and this is a decent point.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can't keep blaming it on the Ref, the substitutions were the problem today, surely two strikers who are not injured can play for 90 minutes, no need to take off Tammy and Taylor, they were causing problems to Derby's defence, As soon as he changed we were on the back foot.  Bad decisions again by our great coach!

I think most Coaches / Managers would have taken the strikers off.

Completely bossed the first half and looked fantastic.

Clearly attacking is our fortė and defending isn't.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Where do we go from this? The players must be very downbeat. Hopefully we can give it another go.

All I can say is

Very, well done boys! You gave us hope back. Thank you! 

Tommy, the players won't get better until this joke of a coach is gone, he is ruining these players and doesn't know how to get the players to manage a game with his constant tinkering and strange subs.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

His record here is actually rather good. Despite the results since Cardiff away.

This.

I'm as disappointed as anyone for throwing away the lead. But take a step back from it all and this is a decent point.

3 up and then getting a single point is not decent, it shows a fundamental weakness in the side.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

This.

Totally.

In the pub beforehand i was saying to Derby fans that i hoped we keep it to single figures.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

3 up and then getting a single point is not decent, it shows a fundamental weakness in the side.

As I've already explained in very simple terms. It is still a decent point. 

The manner in which it has happened is very frustrating, but the point is still a point.

For a struggling side an away draw against a form team is not a bad result. 

The way the result happened is the bad thing, but not the result itself, or would you have refused a point if it was offered at 12.00 today?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

As I've already explained in very simple terms. It is still a decent point. 

The manner in which it has happened is very frustrating, but the point is still a point.

For a struggling side an away draw against a form team is not a bad result. 

The way the result happened is the bad thing, but not the result itself, or would you have refused a point if it was offered at 12.00 today?

I'd have taken the point of course, this game will just play on the players minds, it also shows we should be higher up the table.  I can't see how you can't see the difference?

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Whereas 0-3 to 3-0 would presumably show a fundamental strength?  Look, we're all disappointed, but when Liverpool came back from three down at half time in the Champions League final, I don't remember anyone suggesting it was because Milan were sh*t.

Whereas 0-3 to 3-0 would presumably show a fundamental strength?  Look, we're all disappointed, but when Liverpool came back from three down at half time in the Champions League final, I don't remember anyone suggesting it was because Milan were sh*t.

But what effect did that have on Milan in future games, this is a season, not one bloody match!

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1

but they would if Milan capitulated as many times as us!

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Agreed 100percent.....

Lack of guts

No belief

lack of defensive discipline 

Anyone who says that this sort of draw is no different to any other simply doesn't understand football.

just look at the reactions when a team loses on penalties for example... to have victory snatched away like that is devastating to morale and yet LJ lets this happen time and time again..

Full of cliches.  'Lack of guts' 'no belief' 'lack of defensive discipline'.  Football isn't like that.  A lead of 3-0 doesn't guarantee you a victory because there was another team out there, and probably a better one than us.  Fact is we held on for a draw.  

The suggestion that  LJ 'let this happen' is so staggeringly crass and naive that it defies belief.   Are you for real?  Come on, you're gas, aren't you?