IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Another interesting and thought provoking pre match thread. Well done Havanatopia.

Lived in Derby for 3 years in the 70's and still visit family in the area. As Hav' says it's a football town through and through . Even old ladies in the street know the team and could name most of the players.. The local paper is full of football and I believe they still produce a football special  similar to the old Green Un and Pink Un which sadly disappeared from Bristol many years ago. The East Midlands people  love their football and even named the A52 between Derby and Nottingham the "Brian Clough Way"

.Love to see a couple of major Roads names after our best players . Changing the Portway to "The Atyeo Way" would be a good start!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I have written about other more celebrated times for Derby before such as the Clough/Taylor era including their 1971/2 title as well as the McKay title year of 1974/5 

And boy do they still go on about it! But then again, so wuld we if roles were reversed.

Having lived in Derby for nearly 30 years I'm getting pretty tired of our record against them and having to put up with the mickey taking at work / pub after yeat anothter defeat to them. I really really hope that we can get the occasional win against them (just for personal reasons) and this season we need it more than usual.

I wasn't aware there was a game today, what with all the 'hilarious' threads about Johnson being placed on gardening leave only to open said thread and find a picture of a gnome. Jesus! I can see a proper dicking today. Zero confidence in the team as a whole and getting more and more detached from them week by week. Easy for people to say get behind the team but when they give you nothing to get behind them for, kind of hard to do. 4-0 Derby. Put me out of this misery of a season already please and roll on Fleetwood on a shitty Tuesday night...yay.

Edited by brizzlelou
1 hour ago, LocoPal said:

Grasping for any thin hope, but the Derby players were suffering cramps on Wednesday, during extra time at Leicester. Might prove to be a factor in our favour, perhaps? 

Unfortunately most of the ones playing today weren't playing at Leicester, so will be fully rested, fit and raring to go for the "big game" against BCFC.

My hope today is we put in an energetic performance, in part thanks to getting the 'no wins in ages' monkey off our backs, and also because we are underdogs today.

Personally would like the new strikers to get some goals; would be great for their confidence going into this tough run.

But don't expect we'll have quite enough to get anything today; would take a decent showing but a defeat to build us up for another hard trip to Leeds on Valentines.

I live in hope that I'm proved completely wrong to the tune of three points for City!

COYR!

Would just like us to look like a half decent football team.

Suspect we will play so like a Div 2 team away at a much bigger club in the cup, and hope to sneak one somewhere. We are also really poor at doing that. Even Rotherham were running through our midfield first half. 

It is football, there is always hope, they had a hard mid week game, so going to say 1-1. Fear a tonking however.