IGNORED

The Official Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

We were better than Derby today, we should have scored more. Our midfield was class. Read from someone who was at the game. Think now we are on the way

Ok fair point. I was not at the game. You were I take it?  Tell me who was to blame? The midfield was not according to your comment.  But do you not attack and defend as a team? Do the opposition need to bypass the midfield, in order to attack the defence, and score?

Dont you attack and defend as a team?

I don't think Steve McLaren rated us much  

"You can't do that against ANY OPPONENT. We had to change attitude and it was up to the players to respond, which they did, but I think it's a lesson for us.

"We said that at the end, it's a lesson and if you're not right and your game head isn't on, you can LOSE TO ANYONE."

30 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I don't think Steve McLaren rated us much  

"You can't do that against ANY OPPONENT. We had to change attitude and it was up to the players to respond, which they did, but I think it's a lesson for us.

"We said that at the end, it's a lesson and if you're not right and your game head isn't on, you can LOSE TO ANYONE."

He is not a Cityfan, he he.

36 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Was not at the game. Read a report here on Otib. As I understod it Derby Come on the flanks, Little and Golbourne. Hegeler, Cotteril and Brownhill very good. Brownhill the best he wrote. If a Cityfan write a report and ratings he or she have seened I believe it. Either we are poor or good.

The facts are 0-3 half time. 3-3 full time. 

When you are 0-3 away please do do let the apposition side come back from that. I'm sure most people would tell their 9+ year old son that. Any given Saturday/Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Redrobbin said:

Ok fair point. I was not at the game. You were I take it?  Tell me who was to blame? The midfield was not according to your comment.  But do you not attack and defend as a team? Do the opposition need to bypass the midfield, in order to attack the defence, and score?

Dont you attack and defend as a team?

Dont blame it on the sunshine, blame it on Trump. Seriously dont know who to blame, its football. Think its in their minds, we maybe need a shrink, mental training, not joking.

Just seen the goals.  Awful city defending. First goal Goldbourne way out of position then Flint and Little let Bent have a free header. Second goal cross in from the same side, Bryan gives up stopping the cross and the central defenders do nothing. In my eyes non professional and they need a good kick up the arse or get out.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BigTone said:

I think you will agree it was half expected Tommy.

and THAT in one word EXPECTED is all you need to say, why should we expect it, somebody? has bought the players picks the team sets out the game plan and makes changes if and when they need changing, for some reason despite dominating the game and winning very comfortably decides to change everything that had previously worked so well takes off two players, so basically  saying to derby we are happy with what we have got why don't you see if you can beat us we may as well run up the white flag, I knew as soon as we conceded 1 goal that  a draw was all we were going to get to say I am angry is an understatement 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pillred said:

and THAT in one word EXPECTED is all you need to say, why should we expect it, somebody? has bought the players picks the team sets out the game plan and makes changes if and when they need changing, for some reason despite dominating the game and winning very comfortably decides to change everything that had previously worked so well takes off two players, so basically  saying to derby we are happy with what we have got why don't you see if you can beat us we may as well run up the white flag, I knew as soon as we conceded 1 goal that  a draw was all we were going to get to say I am angry is an understatement 

me too

9 hours ago, pillred said:

A bit unfair I think. The second half was always going to be a different game: we needed a slower pace, sit a bit deeper and catch them in the break. Our first half was very high tempo and energy and as players tired there's every reason to make changes: it's not about 'throwing in the towel'.

For 10 minutes they threw everything at us and the plan worked. Like you, I had visions of Reading and Cardiff when they got their first. But what I also know is that if Matt Taylor hadn't contrived to miss from half a yard then we would have won that game. That came soon after their first and would have been exactly what we needed to settle our nerves and ruffle theirs and their fans again. That was nothing to do with game plans, substitutions, and its something no-one can legislate for.

I also knew that when they got their third with time to spare that we'd lose. But we didn't! 

• Like 1