IGNORED

steve cotterill new sky analyst

cityred exile

Anyone on here catch the  30 min efl  goals  programme over the weekend ?   It seems that he has taken over from skelter    Mentioned when I was Bristol City manager 3 times    One when he engineered a win at Huddersfield ,    Also  "good boy " praises  for  Sam Baldock   And Luke Ayling      He is still coming across a very bitter man   for his premature  exit !

18 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Anyone on here catch the  30 min efl  goals  programme over the weekend ?   It seems that he has taken over from skelter    Mentioned when I was Bristol City manager 3 times    One when he engineered a win at Huddersfield ,    Also  "good boy " praises  for  Sam Baldock   And Luke Ayling      He is still coming across a very bitter man   for his premature  exit !

From what I saw of the Leeds game, Ayling had a bit of a shocker. Of course against his old club, you can almost guarantee he will play a lot better...

52 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Can you tell me which part of the programme you thought he was bitter?

As i watched the programme yesterday,  in fact I watched it again earlier this evening.

At no stage did he he come across to me as bitter in anyway at anytime.

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

For cotts this was the big gig. 

Premature exit is spot on. 

That's all..

24 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Can you tell me which part of the programme you thought he was bitter?

As i watched the programme yesterday,  in fact I watched it again earlier this evening.

At no stage did he he come across to me as bitter in anyway at anytime.

Spot on. I thought he seemed really relaxed, happy and good for him. He delivered the goods big-time while he was here and I'm starting to miss him tbh

Still have absolute massive, massive respect for what he did for us as should every other Bristol City fan. The 2014-2015 season will be remembered for decades and he took us from potential relegation to a double winning, record breaking, TITLE winning team. And he was a person who I loved to listen to when he talked about football. Thanks again Steve.

7 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Cotts was a great manager but got slagged off by many when the board let him down.

This forum shows no manager any mercy.

It's hard to distill all the many posts on here into a single viewpoint but I would say that the majority view was that he hadn't been backed in the summer transfer window following promotion so was on a hiding to nothing in trying to succeed in Div 2 with a good Div 3 team.

There were various quibbles - late substitutions, refusal to try alternatives to 5-3-2 - but the above was the main one.

Archived