IGNORED

Memorial Forum

The Original OTIB

It is with great sadness that I note the passing of another supporter this week. RIP Paul; I didn't know you (that I know of), but we must have shared many highs and lows "together". Perhaps it has been mentioned before, but wouldn't it be nice to have a memorial forum where our memories of the dear departed can be kept alive. Pictures from away days, Wembley days, any days; personal reminiscences, stories of casual acquaintanceships, random connections, whatever really. How I wish there were camera phones through the seventies and eighties to capture that magical era and that fan experience. We now have so much opportunity to keep the past alive so why not do so. Who knows, if I see a picture of Paul I might think to myself: oh, that's that top fellow I met on the train back from Preston, or in that country pub near Barnsley. I regularly meet new folk on away days and that's part of the joy of it all. I've also spent innumerable times in pubs up and down the country mingling in joyous revelry with many whom I could not necessarily name but with whom I share this curious obsession.

Fellow Reds. Gone. Not Forgotten.

I think it sounds a lovely idea, it just needs to stay on track for it to work in order for it to be a fitting tribute to those City fans no longer with us. Obviously we could mod it, but if people bear this in mind when posting it could work.

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

I would hope that even our more belligerent and strident brethren see this for what it is. Heartfelt and respectful. Perhaps you can merge former posts under names therein (Bucksred, Paul Cummings, etc.)

That would be nice. You could look back on anniversaries and such just to remind yourself.

• Admin
9 hours ago, phantom said:

Actually not a bad suggestion  @The Original OTIB

I know this was started 

But whether it could / should be pinned?

Wonder what @RedM @Tomarse @Dollymarie (wouldn't let me tag anymore)

I think that was intended for more general celebs etc. rather than unique to City fans.  A sub forum would probably work, as a memorial, as it would keep the individuals separate, rather than one continuous thread.

Archived