IGNORED

Warnock

MC RISK77

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Or do you forget the phantom goal he got cheated out of at Ashton gate, did he not have a reason to be upset with us then.

younare coming across very simple...anyhow have a good night

It seems incredibly simplistic to me to suddenly lick Warnocks arse whenever we are on a bad run...

Have a fantastic evening.

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

It seems incredibly simplistic to me to suddenly lick Warnocks arse whenever we are on a bad run...

Have a fantastic evening.

Read his autobiography. He loves us. Dedicates about 3 pages of his book to us, a club he's never managed. We have been foolish to turn down such a successful manager that wants the job. He's not even a local boy but recognises our potential and always has good words to say about us. He plays the pantomime villain, don't let that get in the way of your thoughts about him. Better than being Mr. Nice Guy and getting walked all over like a lot of our managers.

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Have you lost the plot mate? How does not liking Warnock mean that we are happy to "muddle around in div 3"?

I think you should go and have a cup of tea and calm down a bit.

Jesus...

No I haven't lost the plot, as a club we seem scared to go for a proper, proven manager who can take us up, we seem to be still reeling from the Coppell saga....and in case you haven't noticed, since then we have just muddled around in div 3 with the odd foray into div 2, just like I said...and when a proven Championship is mentioned (like Warnock) you 'don't like him cos he's a bully'....Jesus...go and have a cup of tea...

27 minutes ago, Fiale said:

You prefer to drink sick as opposed to swamp water....  er no how about I have the orange juice just over here...

Why do people always make up these dumb arbitary  1 or 2 when there are other numbers.

Exactly, it's not binary and not as if Warnock hasn't had relegation on his CV in his career - maybe that's where he uses his alleged media savviness to keep his image tippity top. He's clearly a capable manager in some situations, doesn't mean he would (or wouldn't) succeed with City. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's cool, you're obviously happy to muddle around in div 3 with the odd temporary foray into div 2, that's fine...

So appointing Neil Warnock is the only way to prevent that, is it?

The club is getting a lot of things right at the moment, including trying to take the long view, which I believe is the only way for a club like ours to work its way to competing with the big boys in this division.

I don't believe LJ has what it takes to take us to the next level. But if we replace him, it needs to be with someone who might be able to stay around for a few years and make our players better - which is not NW.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So appointing Warnock will automatically bring success? That isn't a guarantee 

of course it's not FFS, but at least he has experience to fall back on and has managed to steady the ship at a team who couldn't buy a win before he arrived and has managed virtually everywhere that he has gone.

What has LJ done? apart from flatter to deceive in spectacular fashion, he has got to go there is only one we are going and it's the way that we have been going since the end of October.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

of course it's not FFS, but at least he has experience to fall back on and has managed to steady the ship at a team who couldn't buy a win before he arrived and has managed virtually everywhere that he has gone.

What has LJ done? apart from flatter to deceive in spectacular fashion, he has got to go there is only one we are going and it's the way that we have been going since the end of October.

I very much doubt he will be appointed here anyway so....

For the record, I've already said that if LJ goes, then he goes.. I couldn't give a toss but like I said SL wants to go ahead with this plan of his and appointing Warnock is the opposite, a short term fix with his usual reliable journeyman type player he would sign

Warnock got two away wins this week against... Leeds and Derby. He has once again got a team that looked doomed comfortably up the table. He actually admires our club, we are so fortunate. Although I wouldn't be surrpised if we were to approach him now, he'd turn us down due to the board turning their noses up at him in the past.

He is just what this club needs. An experienced manager with Championship pedigree.

If people fall for his pantomime villain act, more fool them. I don't like Jose Mourinho because of his personality but you wouldn't turn him down as manager. And I actually think Warnock is a far more affable individual than someone like Mourinho anyway.

It has been the club's loss not to have appointed him.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I very much doubt he will be appointed here anyway so....

For the record, I've already said that if LJ goes, then he goes.. I couldn't give a toss but like I said SL wants to go ahead with this plan of his and appointing Warnock is the opposite, a short term fix with his usual reliable journeyman type player he would sign

Warnock is at Cardiff and doing a great job so that particular boat has long since sailed. The point that people are trying to make is a little like the line in the Godfather 2 "you're not a war time consigliere Lee", let's get somebody who is, he is taking us down and the best excuse we are getting is "well I didn't expect anything from this game they are a good team", every ******* week, well I said earlier Fulham next 8th place bang in the middle of a great run and "I don't expect **** all from that game, they are far better than us".

Yes he's not the most likable man but no one can deny he gotten the most out of his players at most of his clubs. Sets out his team to play to their strengths and get results. If he was here and playing direct / long ball and we had more points on the board would it matter? He'd bring in that nasty midfielder who's going to take a card to stop a opponent from just running through our midfield like what happens so often. 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No I haven't lost the plot, as a club we seem scared to go for a proper, proven manager who can take us up, we seem to be still reeling from the Coppell saga....and in case you haven't noticed, since then we have just muddled around in div 3 with the odd foray into div 2, just like I said...and when a proven Championship is mentioned (like Warnock) you 'don't like him cos he's a bully'....Jesus...go and have a cup of tea...

The Coppell episode hangs over SL and this club to this day. It explains almost all of the appointments since, except Cotterill who was Keith Dawe's suggestion. And what an inspired suggestion it was too.

And if SL found Cotterill challenging, I have no doubt he would really dislike having to deal with Warnock. SL may have been successful in finance but he is not obviously very cut-throat, but rather respects loyalty and people who support his vision. Unfortunately football is a business that these days seems to require very strong characters both in the board room and as managers if you want to be successful. And I don't see that in ours...

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

If only....

does anyone on here still rather hand their season tickets back than have a proven manager at this level in charge....just because he is not a nice man.

i would love a nasty ****** in charge with nasty winners playing for us.

we would not be in this position if warnock was in charge anyone who says differently then I'm sorry football is not for you.

we got a nasty man in charge

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

Good point.

Our fans were full of this "he loves us" stuff when we joined us too. He's made many comments about us down the years to make us think we're the club he's secretly always wanted to manage. He's a clever bloke.

He's a clever bloke for sure,can see that by his record.Meanwhile we are stuck with mister nice that when it comes to selecting a side is as thick as shid 

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But you wouldn't hear that if he was manager of city,just like you don't hear Taylor is a dirty little gashead anymore 

Have you ever heard a chant about 'Taylor being a dirty little gashead' down the AG?

Thought not.

You have heard the Warnock one though haven't you (rhetorical, so you really don't need to answer that one).

I started a thread asking if we would be in relagation trouble with warnock in charge a few weeks ago and its very obvious we would now be relaxing in mid table looking forward to next season.

he saved basket case rotherham last season and now hopeless cardiff are doing just fine thank you.

When warnock gets good players relative to the division they are in they also play good football with width ref crystal palace,huddersfield,sheff utd and plymouth but hey-ho lots of our fans dont like him??

Dont like warnock = dont like winners imo

3 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I started a thread asking if we would be in relagation trouble with warnock in charge a few weeks ago and its very obvious we would now be relaxing in mid table looking forward to next season.

he saved basket case rotherham last season and now hopeless cardiff are doing just fine thank you.

When warnock gets good players relative to the division they are in they also play good football with width ref crystal palace,huddersfield,sheff utd and plymouth but hey-ho lots of our fans dont like him??

Dont like warnock = dont like winners imo

I suppose if you have low standards, you might have a point?

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

If only....

does anyone on here still rather hand their season tickets back than have a proven manager at this level in charge....just because he is not a nice man.

i would love a nasty ****** in charge with nasty winners playing for us.

we would not be in this position if warnock was in charge anyone who says differently then I'm sorry football is not for you.

Short term yes. I would of loved him in earlier this season. We wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Longer term no.

Archived