IGNORED

Banner

Full nelson

Do we need banners or not?! I'm up for forking out my own cash to make a very quick and humourous banner for you all but I want to gauge what reaction I would get? I have friends back home who I have sent images of LJ, MA and SL to and they'll come up with the art work and slogans I can translate across to them. 

If people don't and feel it could potentially cause me harm then I won't. 

Thanks. 

I'm not sure anything needs to be bannered in the direction of SL or MA to be honest. 

But so long as it's not personal, a banner expressing that many of us would like to see the back of LJ is probably a good thing. 

Most importantly I love that you've used the phrase 'art work'... that's fighting talk!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm not sure anything needs to be bannered in the direction of SL or MA to be honest. 

But so long as it's not personal, a banner expressing that many of us would like to see the back of LJ is probably a good thing. 

Most importantly I love that you've used the phrase 'art work'... that's fighting talk!

I'll try and portray it in a spot and image humour display. SL and MA would be the pawns. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Speaks volumes to the type of city we live in.

I myself was thinking of penning a sternly worded letter to the Times of London. 

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

No and with any luck the stewards will confiscate it off if it's as bad as the ones from a month ago

Come on, the best banners in the world are those that have crudely daubed on a bed sheet.

Wait, the the best banners in the world are those that have crudely daubed on a bed sheet and are weakly supported by a garden came on each side!

I remember being on a coach at the turn of the century, so it was either a ginger Jim, Little Lee or Darren Mayhew special and we made our banners in a car park of service station on the way to Wigan I think. Sadly the Matalan bedsheet was not robust enough to take the spray paint and when we lifted the sheet away all the paint had soaked straight through.

I often think to this day how long did 'Come on You Reds' and 'One Team in Bristol' stay written in huge red letters on the car park floor?

26 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I like to think during the Jarrow March someone glanced up at a banner and said "nice artwork mate".

27 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Displeasure against a little runt who needs to be got rid of :clap:

Pathetic . You are pathetic.

You and all the others who confuse a poorly performing manager with an unpleasant person only worthy of childish insults. "

You gas fan, you."

Just grow up the lot of you.

It may well be that Lee Johnson's is at the end of the road but no one wants our club to succeed more than LJ, MA & SL. The difference being that they have made a career in football and in the case of SL has invested £100 million where as most of you prats don't even go to the matches..

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You and all the others who confuse a poorly performing manager with an unpleasant person only worthy of childish insults. "

You gas fan, you."

It may well be that Lee Johnson's is at the end of the road but no one wants our club to succeed more than LJ, MA & SL. The difference being that they have made a career in football and in the case of SL has invested £100 million where as most of you prats don't even go to the matches..

How old are you?

Why the **** would a gas head be on here asking for LJ to go?

Adults in the real world do no think like this. Stop accusing people who disagree with you as a gas head. 

******* pathetic. Genuinely hope you're a child otherwise you shouldn't be allowed to breed. 

29 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

How old are you?

Why the **** would a gas head be on here asking for LJ to go?

Adults in the real world do no think like this. Stop accusing people who disagree with you as a gas head. 

******* pathetic. Genuinely hope you're a child otherwise you shouldn't be allowed to breed. 

I rest my case

7 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You gas fan, you."

Awwww. Poor little petal.

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Impact? Have we no class?! Calibri, please.

At least it's not Comic Sans I suppose.

I am against a banner as they demotivate and could distract players and supporters from the task at hand but would support if done in wingdings or webdings.

It would be genuinely inoffensive and hard to interpret but trying too guess may possibly more interesting than the football on display so win-win.

Football and a picture quiz game - what more do you want on a Wednesday night?

A banner ridiculing Steve Lansdown you say?

That would confuse the hell out of fans from clubs with "alternative" owners such as Coventry, Blackburn, Morecambe, Bristol Rovers and countless others struggling with no investment.

Still, if that is what you aspire to, the artwork on your banner may well be the least of your problems...

Archived