IGNORED

LJ petition (Merged)

Eddie Notgetinya

8 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Democracy? Please elaborate how the club lacks this... 

If you're referring to SL andandoing doing what he thinks is best as he is surely as the owner and major investor, why should that be a democracy? It's a business

You have answered your own question

1 hour ago, Robin Friday's ghost said:

You're embarrassing the club.

Johnson, albeit a struggling manager, hasn't embarrassed the club. 

I hope you're ashamed that in a time where we should be supporting the team you're putting Bristol City in a bad light.

Personally- I think this is getting very very funny.

So school kid and cardiff fan 'robin friday's ghost' gets all excited but my favourite voter is:

Reason for sacking : "I like Armadillos!"

Although this is good:

Mr D.Warf says:

"My mum says never trust anyone smaller than a pony" And so the many comments like this carry on and on and on.

But the really really funny thing is that regular OTIB posters are genuinely thinking that this petition is in some way representative of real City fans and hysterically are taking it seriously. 

Mr Shi Ted??? Really? Bet he doesn't get seen around BS3 very often.

What many of the 382 voters ( clearly not supporters) are doing is trying to ease the pain of the humiliation of the Matty Taylor transfer.

What the dozen or so vindictive anti Johnson/Lansdown on OTIB are doing is just enjoying another stick, any stick, with which they can beat their club further.

Haha  guys- the joke's on you!!! 

:yes:

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The way I remember it was We were doomed until Pemberton et al took over from SC. LJ simply didn't do that it was already done for him. I simply don't see where the next win is coming from. Lose to Fulham and I'm not sure where we go. It seems so many are hanging their caps on a home win next Wednesday. I hope they are right!!

What was Pembo & Wade's record? I remember the win vs Boro, and I seem to remember we picked up a point or two somewhere else, but can't remember how long they had?

As much as I don't see us going down I completely understand the calls for LJs head, I'm not blind and a long way from happy. As I've said elsewhere, LJ looked shot on the interview after the Leeds game, as much as we (as fans) can't see where the next win is coming from, I'm not overly sure he is either. For me though (famous last words) there are 3 worse teams than us. We just need it to click and we could be as comfortable a 15th place as you've seen come May. As poor as we've been we are only 5 points off Brentford who currently occupy that place

Rotherham are as good as gone (didn't we say that last year as well!?), and I'm not convinced that Blackburn, Wigan or Burton are better than us

10 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So basically it was all down to Pembo when we were picking up wins and down to LJ when we are losing?

Don't buy that, praise and criticism should be given to LJ. Last season if we were losing a game, LJ recognised where we were failing and changed tactics, made subs.. prime example being Fulham.

How posters can fail to give praise when it's due but are happy dishing out criticism is beyond me...

Yes. Miss quoting and making an argument from your own rearrangement of someone else's post in order to support an argument is tiresome.

Pemberton and Wade ran the first team for four games. We beat promoted Middlesborough, lost narrowly away at Leeds, drew with Birmingham and then won away at Charlton....These are all facts. We followed this with two wins under the 'management' of LJ against Ipswich and at MK Do you remember anything significantly changing for those two games?

We then got stuffed at home by Brighton before winning at NF....Etc etc. What significant changes were made by LJ at that period? LJ took over a team that had become capable with a couple of additions of winning/geting points from games and carried that on, he did not take over a team doomed and spiraling toward relegation. Facts/results speak for themselves.

Credit at the end of the season for us staying up goes to Wade Pembo and LJ, however LJ did not start that process as above!

10 hours ago, tinman85 said:

If we lose to Fulham he needs to go. Cannot survive that. If he does then there is fundamentally something wrong at our club 

Yes. This is a must win....Having read all that 'ohh well we didn't expect to win at Leeds garbage' it would seem even the most ardent supporters of LJ are hanging their hats on that being a make or break game (The fanatics perhaps not). God I hope we win, fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

What was Pembo & Wade's record? I remember the win vs Boro, and I seem to remember we picked up a point or two somewhere else, but can't remember how long they had?

As much as I don't see us going down I completely understand the calls for LJs head, I'm not blind and a long way from happy. As I've said elsewhere, LJ looked shot on the interview after the Leeds game, as much as we (as fans) can't see where the next win is coming from, I'm not overly sure he is either. For me though (famous last words) there are 3 worse teams than us. We just need it to click and we could be as comfortable a 15th place as you've seen come May. As poor as we've been we are only 5 points off Brentford who currently occupy that place

Rotherham are as good as gone (didn't we say that last year as well!?), and I'm not convinced that Blackburn, Wigan or Burton are better than us

As above Woodsy with the record. I'm not convinced Burton Blackburn or Wigan are worse than us at the moment. The only proof is picking up results which makes Fulham a huge game in view of Villa and Newcastle coming up. Lose and we are in even greater trouble.

However I have hope (that is about it) that LJ can pick up a win as my own sanity and as you allude above LJ's depend on it, quite apart form his job!

13 hours ago, kevster3 said:

SL needs to come out and tell the fans exactly why he is so convinced LJ is the right man for this club, when results do not justify his position, or is it just that SL wants to save face and not admit to yet  another poor managerial appointment 

Totally Agree.Lansdown wake up.we pay good money for our season ttkt.we deserve am explanation why he won't get rid

38 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. Miss quoting and making an argument from your own rearrangement of someone else's post in order to support an argument is tiresome.

Pemberton and Wade ran the first team for four games. We beat promoted Middlesborough, lost narrowly away at Leeds, drew with Birmingham and then won away at Charlton....These are all facts. We followed this with two wins under the 'management' of LJ against Ipswich and at MK Do you remember anything significantly changing for those two games?

We then got stuffed at home by Brighton before winning at NF....Etc etc. What significant changes were made by LJ at that period? LJ took over a team that had become capable with a couple of additions of winning/geting points from games and carried that on, he did not take over a team doomed and spiraling toward relegation. Facts/results speak for themselves.

Credit at the end of the season for us staying up goes to Wade Pembo and LJ, however LJ did not start that process as above!

Yes. This is a must win....Having read all that 'ohh well we didn't expect to win at Leeds garbage' it would seem even the most ardent supporters of LJ are hanging their hats on that being a make or break game (The fanatics perhaps not). God I hope we win, fingers crossed!

As above Woodsy with the record. I'm not convinced Burton Blackburn or Wigan are worse than us at the moment. The only proof is picking up results which makes Fulham a huge game in view of Villa and Newcastle coming up. Lose and we are in even greater trouble.

However I have hope (that is about it) that LJ can pick up a win as my own sanity and as you allude above LJ's depend on it, quite apart form his job!

Regardless of where we all stand - Fulham is an absolute must win game. Be just like us to balls that one up, then go and win at St James, and get Steve Bruce the sack

• Admin
1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Sorry to start this. But starting a petition to get someone the sack is a disgrace. The guy who started this should be a shamed of himself. Would he like it to happen to him. If I was Steve it would go straight in the bin. It is only my opinion and no doubt I will get hammered for starting this. 

@Hampshire reds you didn't need to start another thread there was a THREE page discussion already about the topic

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Hardly misquoting your post when your post stated that it was down to Pembo.

I would assume that LJ had his own ideas and would take the advice of his assistant, the wins were mainly down to LJ such as MK, Ipswich etc.  just like the losses were to

31 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Hardly misquoting your post when your post stated that it was down to Pembo.

I would assume that LJ had his own ideas and would take the advice of his assistant, the wins were mainly down to LJ such as MK, Ipswich etc.  just like the losses were to

Again it didn't. Again you mis quote . It said we looked doomed until Pemberton took over. We did!

Again He didn't change anything major he didn't need to

Again he took credit, but he Did not take over a team spiraling out of control, he just needed to follow the existing model

The changes at this club started in earnest in August. He was building his team. The clear implication is the team that kept us up was not his and he has all but eviscerated that side. He had a platform to build from a good run at the end of the season, huge backing and we have this.

hope he gets a win Wednesday because now I think there are three of us that could  have a melt down! Me, you and LJ

On 16/02/2017 at 23:43, tinman85 said:

If we lose to Fulham he needs to go. Cannot survive that. If he does then there is fundamentally something wrong at our club 

There is already something fundamentally wrong.  We don't, sitting 21st in the league, need yet another defeat to prove that particular point.

You are 100% right about 'fundamentally wrong' for it isn't just the head coach, with his contract extension, but the owner, silent Board and the whole BS nonsense.  It really gets beyond depressing

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

There is already something fundamentally wrong.  We don't, sitting 21st in the league, need yet another defeat to prove that particular point.

You are 100% right about 'fundamentally wrong' for it isn't just the head coach, with his contract extension, but the owner, silent Board and the whole BS nonsense.  It really gets beyond depressing

Well it will be interesting to see the fans' reaction at full time, if we do lose…

On 2/17/2017 at 13:07, REDOXO said:

Again it didn't. Again you mis quote . It said we looked doomed until Pemberton took over. We did!

Again He didn't change anything major he didn't need to

Again he took credit, but he Did not take over a team spiraling out of control, he just needed to follow the existing model

The changes at this club started in earnest in August. He was building his team. The clear implication is the team that kept us up was not his and he has all but eviscerated that side. He had a platform to build from a good run at the end of the season, huge backing and we have this.

hope he gets a win Wednesday because now I think there are three of us that could  have a melt down! Me, you and LJ

It's tough at the mo, RedOxo, because you ( us) try to make a point and you read a reply (s) and it's not actually what you said or meant.....

tough times at BCFC- difficult times on OTIB.

Ok enough is enough, after supporting City since the mid to late 50's  then moving to Oz I still love this club. Our present dilema is believe it or not par for the course. I've got my tin hat on now but if we hadn't been lucky enough to have SL we would have been in the 5hit up to our nostrels or had a "fruitcake" owner like a lot of other clubs have found themselves in. As previously posted, I don't know anymore if LJ should go or not AT THIS STAGE. I don't understand the playing of players out of position or having young players banging in goals in other comps but not given the chance here. Surely it's not their age age preventing it, remind me please how old is Tammy?. Agreed our win ratio is dismal but we aren't getting a flogging which suggests we are not that far away. The coming fixture v Fulham doesn't fill me with promise but hope it doesn't cause anyone to pull the trigger. I expect to get a heap of flack on this but I can take it COYR :gasmask:

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

Basically the petition is so illiterate it has probably helped Lee Johnson's cause by making his detractors look dim.

You may have a point here- couldn't help but notice this:

"i am sighning because I am fed up with the money that Johnson spent on players it is descusted"

and then there's blissful irony:

"Signing because the club hierarchy will not listen to the fans" ( laugh out loud irony)

So in 5 days there are 401 signatures.

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You may have a point here- couldn't help but notice this:

"i am sighning because I am fed up with the money that Johnson spent on players it is descusted"

and then there's blissful irony:

"Signing because the club hierarchy will not listen to the fans" ( laugh out loud irony)

So in 5 days there are 401 signatures.

I'm not nto the idea of a petition at all but if you are suggesting that only 500 signatures is a gauge of how low the LJ doubters camp is then that's nonsense

Like the vast majority , if not all the doubters / want rid on here,  I'd suggest , I wouldn't ,and won't sign a 'petition'

Archived