IGNORED

Another Neil Warnock quote

TwoSheds

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Bottom 3 I think when he came in, and we were in playoff positions, now they are top half!  Proves what a great manager Warnock is, he's proved it time and time again.  Imagine what he could do with the players we have

Yes agree I can see Cardiff City in the playoffs and if we lose next Wednesday (Fulman) we will be playing Rovers in Div 1 next season

Always rated him and always wanted him to have a go here but probably too late in his career, would imagine Cardiff would he his last job. 

Seems to really motivate his players, plays to strengths and knows that a team needs one or 2 dirty players that break up play and win free kicks etc, not always fair but we've had lots of decisions go against us because they know how to play the ref 

When he left Palace NW stated "I no longer have the stomach for a relegation fight". That suggests he wouldn't come to AG.

However he went to Rotherham as a stop gap to keep them up - which he did.

He went to Cardiff when they were struggling - and he's turned them around.

I understand why people would want him, but I personally don't like the win ugly mentality and it doesn't make for entertaining football.  I can bet you if we had signed him a large number of people who moan about style of football we are playing and not using the young talent we have.

I don't mind winning ugly mentality from time to time, but I would like to see attractive football, admittedly we have only shown glimpses of the later this season but I think we will be OK, this month is going to be painful though.

13 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

He seems to have this midas touch of turning things around...and to think there are those who "Dont want that C*** here"

There still are, short of us getting relegated (which I don't think we will) there's not much I'd prefer to having a manager who isn't Neil Warnock, thanks.

Well, we might not like him but he can certainly do one thing right - and that's motivate players.

He could've lost his dressing room with the Sol Bamba pushing incident but he hasn't, given some of their more recent performances (Leeds away, Derby away) they look more united & cohesive. Something i don't think you can level at us.

As for winning ugly, surely that's more about the players at his disposal when he arrives to 'fire fight'? I might suspect that with better, more skilful players where some mental coaching, organisational nous, tactics (aka 'experience') can be used, he would play a more entrertaining, expansive game?

If he keeps the Bluebirds up and we exit stage left to L1, then he'll have done his job and we will have failed massively.

• Admin
8 hours ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

This is a good watch (okay maybe not if you hate warnock) but insightful for anyone interested in football league management 

First time I've seen this and it just confirms everything I've heard and read about him, a thoroughly decent bloke you'd have a beer with away from football and a competent Manager.  

Archived