IGNORED

Questions raised last night by my 10 Year Old Daughter.

MelksRed

These were questions raised by my daughter last night at AG:

1. Why are we sat so far back in our half?

2. Why don't they seem to be bothered that they are loosing?

3. Why do we always go backwards?

4. Why does nobody ever shoot quicker?

5. Do we have to take it all the way into the box before trying to score?

6. Why the long kick up front......we never win it?

These are just a few of the questions she asked.........now, if a 10 year old girl (whose only frame of reference is BCFC and MOTD) can see the issues.......surely those responsible for our teams output can?.....

Has anyone else had siblings that asked similar questions after last night?

I wonder if this could actually put future generations of supporters off supporting our club.......its not just about results on the pitch its about the product, the concept and belief that we could make the Prem one day.......sadly I feel further away from the Premier League than I've ever done.......seemingly my daughter is starting to become critical of what she's seeing.......rather than inspired.... Which is a great shame.

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

These were questions raised by my daughter last night at AG:

1. Why are we sat so far back in our half?

2. Why don't they seem to be bothered that they are loosing?

3. Why do we always go backwards?

4. Why does nobody ever shoot quicker?

5. Do we have to take it all the way into the box before trying to score?

6. Why the long kick up front......we never win it?

These are just a few of the questions she asked.........now, if a 10 year old girl (whose only frame of reference is BCFC and MOTD) can see the issues.......surely those responsible for our teams output can?.....

Has anyone else had siblings that asked similar questions after last night?

I wonder if this could actually put future generations of supporters off supporting our club.......its not just about results on the pitch its about the product, the concept and belief that we could make the Prem one day.......sadly I feel further away from the Premier League than I've ever done.......seemingly my daughter is starting to become critical of what she's seeing.......rather than inspired.... Which is a great shame.

Would it be ok if your daughter were to become manager? Just until the end of the season and then you can have her back. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

No my two are older than that now, but I expect a few youngsters will be asking 'do we really have to go again'

Remember leaving the ground a few years back after a miserable Tuesday night home defeat and a little lad was asking his Dad "do we have to go again on Saturday?", to which the Dad replied "yes, now man up, it's character building"

19 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Such a simple game at that age i remember thinking that

It's not a particularly difficult game at any age. Remember it was a kid who supposedly saw through "The Emperor's New Clothes". "Out of the mouths of babes"....

Yes there are tactics, but if it was that difficult, many footballers wouldn't be able to play the game. Remember the "what is a county?" comment.

We are not talking chess grandmaster as managers and coaches either. In fact, the risk sometimes is overthinking and over-complicating things, which has definitely been the case sometimes this season.

And you don't have to have been the best player to make the best manager. In fact, there is no good correlation between success and at both levels. Conte, Guardiola & Pochettino were internationals, while Klopp, Wenger and Mourinho had much more modest playing careers. Mark Warburton, who has been touted on this forum as a possible manager, had just 28 games over 4 years at the equivalent of conference level, but no-one would suggest that he doesn't know what he was doing.

So MelksRed encourage your daughter and tell her football is a game of opinions. And occasionally the manager will see it as you do and get it right, and often (in our case recently) they won't and they will get it wrong. And sometimes you will be wrong and have to eat "humble pie" but if it means the team are doing well then there is still a sweet aftertaste. If they aren't doing so well, then it's a bit more bitter I'm afraid.

35 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

My lot are all in their twenties and my observation would be that sadly for your daughter it may already be in her blood...there's perhaps no escape! My younger son was tweeting after the match about a wasted evening as he headed home on the train last night...my daughter is off to Newcastle on Saturday...my eldest uses support for City as proof of his resilience in job interviews...

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Remember leaving the ground a few years back after a miserable Tuesday night home defeat and a little lad was asking his Dad "do we have to go again on Saturday?", to which the Dad replied "yes, now man up, it's character building"

Character building is probably the best reason to take a child to a City match. Life is hard and children must learn how to cope with all the nasty things that come their way. As the saying goes "spare the rod and spoil the child"

Archived