IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No it's not. People weren't happy with Wednesday, so LJ changes it up, but that just gives many a chance to have another go at him, before the games even started. 

God forbid they wait to see what happens first!! 

How about people have been watching Johnson "change it up" as you put it every single week both in original team selection then at half time once he's realised the folly of his original team selection and after waiting to see what happens first (we are getting beat nearly every week) perhaps they are fed up with seeing yet more changes and have decided to call him out before the game this time?

Einstein got it right but Johnson clearly sees something in doing the same thing every week and expecting different results!!!!

I don't care if he keeps us up, which I just don't see is within his level of ability tbh, the Tinkerman is done as far as I'm concerned.

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wilbs ????? Give me strength ! A 37 year old who's not Kicked a ball for a couple of months . Energy my arse . Duric ??? 

What do you want him to do ...Tammy and Dujric out injured would you go with 2 upfront...or would you pack the midfield with someone who can hold the ball up which taylor can't do.

idiot

Ah, we are on to plan S b) vi.

If it is about energy I can only assume he has seen something in training about fitness levels. If half that team are knackered by half time and are not match fit, then LJ is going to get an even bigger slagging.

Not going to lie, it was difficult enough with Tammy, Duric injured and Taylor still carrying a bit of a worry it was beyond tough this one. A line up that screams desperation. 

Edited by cityexile
2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Without giving me your ideal XI why don't you rate the team? I think most of the changes are reasonably obvious. It would've been Djuric up top alone had he not fallen ill.

Really? 

Ok, after saying he'd be picking a team packed full of energy, I didn't quite expect to see Wilbs up top alone, a struggling GON in the middle with the returning from injury Korey. 

In fact, I'm not sure there could have been a line up picked with less energy... maybe the addition of Tomlin.

More over, last time we saw Vyner he was decimated at home by a Brighton side who aren't as strong as the Newcastle one we face today. Although with Little injured and Matthews a complete liability, I'm guessing there's not much he could have done there. 

I'm afraid I fear the worst. 

(Although great to see Korey back. I still feel he could have a massive part to play in saving us this season.)

• Like 2

Let's wait and see. I can see the logic of Wilbraham being in the side with Djuric injured, and at least Wilbs will bring some know-how to the team. Taylor will come on I imagine when Wilbs tires. 

O'Neill is also experienced so I can see the logic of that, too.

A fully-firing Korey Smith would be one of the first players on my team sheet.  Lack of match-sharpness might be a problem today.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why? Wholesale changes from a side that has just turned in one of the most inept and gutless performances I've seen in years. I'd be pleased. 

Did you expect him to start four strikers and set up to get thrashed?

It's an extremely negative 11. We looked much better last 20 with O'Neil & Tomlin. Didn't need 6 changes. And another change of formation. 

I wouldn't have expected him to start a youngster who cost us all 3 goals in his last league start for us vs Derby. Or start 2/3 players who aren't match fit. Or bang on about energy and start with Alby up top alone. 

Admire the outlook mate but this looks like one of the most 'shorehorned' 11 we've put out this year. Newcastle get an early goal and they could ruin riot. 

• Like 1

In my opinion, I think that line up is more or less bang on the money. Taylor cant play up front on his own and with Milan out injured, Wilbs will be better at bringing other players such as Reid, COD and Cotts, into the game. I think perhaps the ONLY change i woulda made it by putting Reid in CM with GON and bring OUR BEST player (on his day) Tomlin into the CAM position as Reid gets the best out if him cos hes the only midfielder that seems to wanna pass forward! I got a randomly good feeling about this one.... been saying all week this is the kinda game we will win where the opponents become complacent thinking all they need to do is turn up. COYR!!!!!! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus, you're a miserable and joyless lot.  He's picked a squad of professional footballers, pretty much in the positions you'd expect.  Our two centre forwards are out, so he's brought back Wilbraham, who hasn't let us down before.  You don't know how fit or unfit players, but you just can't wait to condemn, can you?  I really despair.  Can you do nothing but complain, even before the bl**dy match is underway?  

All part of the fun. I am here at St James and committed to supporting City. Still allowed to comment I hope. 

I don't know what all the fuss is about this is just another in the long list of 'did you expect anything from this game' excuse if we lose.

What I am waiting for is a heads up on the next game we should be expected to win.

This for me is yet another expect nothing and then I won't be so disappointed and a ray hope of hope if we do get something.

I am not so sure that we even have enough time to bring in a new manager and honestly expect him to change things around.

To be honest I am even contemplating taking Mrs Bung shopping, I am sort of at the couldn't give a shit stage.

• Like 1