IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Think LJ is sick to death of Matthews performances,  given all his chances. Vyner can't be any worse than. Golborne the same... Way off the standards. Full back positions are our archiles heal... Could be our ruin. Think this line up is just pure frustration with the performance from the last game. Hence players being dropped. Midfield will be in the tools face from the outset.... Expect at least 5 bookings. 

Not going to argue with that, although we seem to have signed umpteen players but still look very weak at full back. Interesting that three of those back for are from our Lge 1 days. Thought Magners had played there? At least if the midfield denys them some space it will be a step forward. Never been convinced by Bryan in a back four, basically, all a bit of a worry.

If we go down, it will not be today's result that will be the cause of it, but does show a manager very frustrated  with the players he has been picking.

• Like 1

We can win, the team just need to get fired up and treat it like a one of cup match - but I cannot say I am sat here with much confidence... but hey, listen/watch and let's see whats happening, even if we do lose, lets just hope we see the team at least play well for the fans who have travelled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

He mentioned two criteria for selection this weekend: a team with energy, and a team "I can trust." So the latter covers Wilbs selection. Not sure how O'Neil gets in though.....

He said just now that O'Neil is the first team on his team sheet for midfield, and that ideally it's no secret that O'Neil and Korey would be his first choices throughout the season if he could pick them.... so I guess one of the players he trusts.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It's an extremely negative 11. We looked much better last 20 with O'Neil & Tomlin. Didn't need 6 changes. And another change of formation. 

I wouldn't have expected him to start a youngster who cost us all 3 goals in his last league start for us vs Derby. Or start 2/3 players who aren't match fit. Or bang on about energy and start with Alby up top alone. 

Admire the outlook mate but this looks like one of the most 'shorehorned' 11 we've put out this year. Newcastle get an early goal and they could ruin riot. 

We're playing the best team in the league. We go too gung-ho and we'd get absolutely slaughtered. Golbourne, Matthews and Hegeler put in three of the worst City performances I've ever seen on Wednesday and I'm glad they've been dropped. Energy doesn't just come from the striker. With Tammy and Djuric out who else is there? Taylor is hardly the ideal lone striker and can come off the bench for more energy. Tomlin certainly isn't going to give you energy, but Reid will.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:
Du vår Fader
som är i himmelen
Må ditt namn hållas heligt
ske din vilja på jorden, såsom den sker i himmelen
giv oss idag vårt dagliga bröd
och förlåt oss vad vi hava brutit
såsom vi förlåta dem som har brutit mot oss
och för oss icke in i frestelse
utan fräls oss från det onda/den onde.

It's easy for you to say that!