IGNORED

Mr Lansdown - I salute you

Simon79

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Except when we won promotion a league and two football league trophys but don't let facts get in the way

Oh come on, a billionaire owner and that's what we judge it by.

Do you know what, a driven, succesful business man like Steve Lansdown knows what you have described is failure. It's a patronising and condescending to suggest anything else.

He knows it. He can't admit it and I respect why, but he knows it. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Call yourself an Ultra...from your recent comments on matchday when we are actually winning....nothing but negative comments having a go at people. I suggest you **** off back under your rock you negative****. ******* school kids.

1. Benjam!n Ultra liked a post in a topic: You don't deserve him 7 minutes ago
  1. Benjam!n Ultra liked a post in a topic: Mr Lansdown - I salute you 27 minutes ago
  2. Big Red Rich liked a post in a topic: Mr Lansdown - I salute you 31 minutes ago

Just grow up you bell, stop being an oddball. I don't care.

Such a touchy****. 

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

How refreshing it is to see an owner/chairman have the courage of his convictions. He had a plan, which I think 99% of us thought was a good plan. Most of us wanted our club to be different from the sacking culture that is modern day football as well. So when it would be easier to sack his man or to disappear for a while, he comes out and speaks. I admire both of these reactions, to what must be a very difficult situation for him. I believe that the club are putting the building blocks in place for a brighter future. I'm really pleased he has this belief in what he is trying to do, I agree with him for what it's worth! I know I'm currently in the minority ( possibly on my own!) , I said months ago that I'm fed up with sacking & rebuilding. So I hope that LJ and the squad start putting some results together & pull away from the relegation zone sooner rather than later! Always Believe. TIN HAT IS FIRMLY ON!!! COYR

We all agree that sacking managers willy nilly isn't going to get us anywhere but you have to have the right manager in charge to back,what in the hell have you seen in Johnson that makes you believe he is the man

44 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Enjoy the mediocrity my friend, not long to the summer

Strange you use the name you do but don'the think Lee Johnson should be afforded the chance to build a squad. Alan Dicks wasn't a total success especially early on but given the support of Harry Dolman he eventually led us to the old 1st Division.

Steve Lansdown is supporting LJ in much the same way as Harry backed Alan Dicks. If we keep changing managers then how in hells name are we going to build not just a squad but a club? Don't get me wrong, if Lee Johnson takes us down then yes his job should be called into question. I know in today's society instant success is expected but surely a little patience may pay off in the long run.

16 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Strange you use the name you do but don'the think Lee Johnson should be afforded the chance to build a squad. Alan Dicks wasn't a total success especially early on but given the support of Harry Dolman he eventually led us to the old 1st Division.

Steve Lansdown is supporting LJ in much the same way as Harry backed Alan Dicks. If we keep changing managers then how in hells name are we going to build not just a squad but a club? Don't get me wrong, if Lee Johnson takes us down then yes his job should be called into question. I know in today's society instant success is expected but surely a little patience may pay off in the long run.

Different era - different world

Fumble around these days and the world runs past you

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

This is the thing i most hate about this forum. Waits until we are 2-0 up to become the voice of reason and tell everyone told you so. How about save your thoughts until the end of season with your self satisfying posts?

it's amazing 1 half decent result and suddenly he is the messiah, yet woe betide after all the crap we have dished up anyone dare criticise our manager

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Different era - different world

Fumble around these days and the world runs past you

That is true but is it coincidence we haven't been pushing to promotion to the top flight. Yes Gary Johnson got us close but we haven't been up there pushing on a regular basis. Steve Lansdown has had a large say in transfer policy and his 5 pillars and LJ has adhered to that generally.

We are building a squad that will develop into one that may be able to challenge the bigger side in this league

6 minutes ago, numbeast said:

That is true but is it coincidence we haven't been pushing to promotion to the top flight. Yes Gary Johnson got us close but we haven't been up there pushing on a regular basis. Steve Lansdown has had a large say in transfer policy and his 5 pillars and LJ has adhered to that generally.

We are building a squad that will develop into one that may be able to challenge the bigger side in this league

Got to stay up first!!

Good result today.................could have been a lot better with a Head Coach that doesnt resort to a socket set after every match. I sit firmly in the Johnson out camp and still believe we have a squad that with the right guidance could see us top half next season.

SL to LJ 

"ok you listen now and listen good, I've stuck my neck out for you again. Next time you discuss team selection remember you are not God, that's my job, listen to your coaching team and let them help you in selections, or **** off and I'll get someone in who can be part of a team"

6 changes and we come away from NUFC with a point - well done, keep up the teamwork and we might just stay up!

4 hours ago, numbeast said:

I think the idea is to pick the right man for the job in the first place and back him if he has a lean spell because you know he has the ability.But to keep someone who clearly is not up to the job because we don't want to keep changing managers is a recipe for disaster.

22 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Thanks for such a well thought out reply. Much appreciated. COYR

Apologies. 

Getting silly these sorts of threads being posted mid game, with still so much to be played. Would you have posted this thread at FT? Or if we had ended up losing 4-2?

Same happened in the Derby game. Surely the sensible thing is to stick to the match thread until AFTER the game? 

A good point today all things considering, but we have to stop chucking points away when leading games so comfortably. 

Johnson OUT. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Apologies. 

Getting silly these sorts of threads being posted mid game, with still so much to be played. Would you have posted this thread at FT? Or if we had ended up losing 4-2?

Same happened in the Derby game. Surely the sensible thing is to stick to the match thread until AFTER the game? 

A good point today all things considering, but we have to stop chucking points away when leading games so comfortably. 

Johnson OUT. 

Fair enough. I have been thinking about it since this morning. I actually started writing the post at about 14.00, but kept changing it etc. Then posted it as the 1st goal went in, so just after 15.15 I think. My stance would not of wavered depending on the result. I don't think it belonged in the match day thread, as it was my opinion on SL's comments recently that was the catalyst of my post. I was also beginning to think I was the only one who had my beliefs in the correct way forward, it turns out I was wrong. COYR

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

I'm sure you were saying the exact same things after Derby away/Fulham home/Cardiff home/Reading home?

Thought not. Super fan alert 

You little tinker, you had me there for a moment. But yes, I was saying these things. Thanks for the reply. COYR

I was lucky enough to get a hospitality invite at St James today and was sitting two seats in front of SL. Before the match, I went over, shook him warmly by the hand and thanked him for everything he's done for the club.

A run of bad results and in some quarters, suddenly SL is the BCFC's own footballing anti-Christ. But I'll bet the knockers will be demanding that he put his hand in his pocket again when the summer comes, regardless of whether we're playing Championship or L1 football next season.

My two pence worth:

I'm not blinkered enough to not see what's going on, but SL's vision and intent are brilliant. And so is his generosity. Do people honestly think that the club would be in a better place now if SL hadn't gotten involved?

The one big question I would put to SL (and I would ask the question rather than just criticise) is why he doesn't seem to manage the club in the way that (surely?) he managed his businesses. If he had a senior role open at Hargreaves Lansdown, I'm sure he'd go after the best possible candidate in their field, with a great track record and enough experience to do the best possible job for the company. Sure - you develop departments and talent pools, but you do that by having the best possible person at the top to instil processes and develop in those areas. Applying that to BCFC, you could argue that he should have gone with good managerial pedigree or at least someone who had gone beyond just "promise" at Oldham and Barnsley. Or if SL really wanted LJ involved, fine - but get a really decent, experienced and hands-on Director of Football to develop and advise him, and also use that DofF to develop the academy, work on training etc etc.

Finally, for what it's worth, I thought we played a good game today. Losing a two goal lead to top of the table Newcastle away is no disgrace, and I thought we looked like a strong unit - certainly not relegation fodder.

Archived