IGNORED

Same team for Villa?

BCFCGav

So in a season with massive variation of formation and personnel, do we stick to today's system and players (given all are fit and ready for Tuesday)? 

If Milan has shaken his injury by Tuesday I'd pick him over Wilbs, and maybe Paterson for O'Dowda tho I think O'Dowda could be a big future player. 

Anyway a great point today, COYR. 

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

So in a season with massive variation of formation and personnel, do we stick to today's system and players (given all are fit and ready for Tuesday)? 

If Milan has shaken his injury by Tuesday I'd pick him over Wilbs, and maybe Paterson for O'Dowda tho I think O'Dowda could be a big future player. 

Thoughts?

Somewhere in this image taken after todays match of LJ's brain is the answer. You find it cos I've tried :laughcont:

brain.png

1 minute ago, barney999 said:

No chance will this clown pick the SAME team, has he done it yet this season? It seems to be a 'new' coach thing that formations and team selection changes for every game.

I see what you mean, same team offers familiarity and confidence. I would say that mainly it's the similar attitude you want to prevail whoever is picked. So get about the pitch and press the opposition team hard.

However they worked hard and I think a few will be feeling the effects of today so may need to be rested. (Wilbs) (O'Niel) etc 

2 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Think changes inevitable after what sounded like a high energy performance. May also have been knocks picked up, while Djuric may have recovered sufficiently to lead the line. Would hope back four remains the with only changes fitness related. 

Yeah massively agree about back 4.

I hate when it's chopped and changed for the defensive line. They need to work so hard to get the communication together and chucking new partners together is never a good idea. 

14 minutes ago, barney999 said:

No chance will this clown pick the SAME team, has he done it yet this season? It seems to be a 'new' coach thing that formations and team selection changes for every game.

If he had kept the same team after Wednesdays horror show he would have deserved your ire. If you want the same high tempo performance on Tuesday, I think you have to allow that he will have to make a couple of changes. Korey Smith hasn't played for months, Wilbs is 36, he will have to take stock. Clown or no clown. :facepalm:

Again we had a good first half and sounded (I was not at the game) that by taking it to them, that as at Derby, we can compete with the higher level teams.

Sounded backs to the wall stuff at the end and in my pessimism was expecting their 3rd.  Sounded like we had a bit more grit today.

I hope we can play with the same determination at Villa whatever the lineup.

35 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Thoughts?

Villa are nearly as bad as us at defending so start Taylor and see him bag a couple 

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Villa are a mid table team. We need to play 3.5.2 and play to win. 

Tins, I really think I have found the answer to why we keep losing..........If we play 1.3.5.2 we could play our goalkeeper and stop letting in goals.......no need to thank me, all part of the OTIB service, will send my consultancy fee immediately to SL before some other thieving OTIB member patents this way of playing :bonkers::10_1_108:

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Villa are nearly as bad as us at defending so start Taylor and see him bag a couple 

I'd never argue with Taylor's inclusion, good return so far. Plus I'm still enjoying the fact we have Rovers best player up top :clapping:

Team selection for Tuesday depends on who has picked up knocks/niggles and Junior won't know whose fit enough for selection until Tuesday lunchtime at the earliest.

I doubt Father Wilbraham will manage two games in 72 hrs but he may start  and get an hour in.

We'll see.......

33 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I've only seen one person spouting OTIB nonsense on this.  @RumRed !!!

So do you agree that you are speaking complete and utter bullshit?

Do you see what I did there?

I am not ITK as I have quite clearly pointed out not sure why there is any confusion?  I do however think that Wilbs being on the pitch in an organisational capacity (based on RB commentary) may well have been the difference in the first half.

And no I didn't see what you did, bit difficult unless you've left your Skype on.

edit I did, question mark, very clever

edit 2 I stand by my comment there may well be someone completely different that picks the team for Villa yet, who knows?

edit 3 didn't really expect a response, stop calling BS at all those that aren't blinded by LJ, not very polite.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Depends on how much today has taken out of Wilbs, Korey, GON etc. too.

This has to be a major factor in the selection but everyone that started put in so much. I know they're footballers but may be asking a bit much of a few of them to go give the same kind of performance 3 days later. Smith, GON and Wilbraham especially as they are either older, been injured recently or both. 

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Thoughts?

Ffs LJ leave it as it is . This set of players delivered so keep it the same . Those left out clearly don't have the guts to fight like this team today . Ok we threw away 2 0 but 2 2 up there , every team in the division would be happy with that . On to Villa 

Archived