IGNORED

Same team for Villa?

BCFCGav

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I am not ITK as I have quite clearly pointed out not sure why there is any confusion?  I do however think that Wilbs being on the pitch in an organisational capacity (based on RB commentary) may well have been the difference in the first half.

And no I didn't see what you did, bit difficult unless you've left your Skype on.

You are not in ITK but keep stating that "Pembo" picked the team.

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

So in a season with massive variation of formation and personnel, do we stick to today's system and players (given all are fit and ready for Tuesday)? 

If Milan has shaken his injury by Tuesday I'd pick him over Wilbs, and maybe Paterson for O'Dowda tho I think O'Dowda could be a big future player. 

Anyway a great point today, COYR. 

Thoughts?

I'd keep the same side because Wilbs should be good for at least an hour and his influence on the younger players is invaluable.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

You are not in ITK but keep stating that "Pembo" picked the team.

Show me one post where I've said that?  Just one?  I don't need a number of examples, if I'd kept saying it one will do.

Think you may have been getting me confused with someone else mate or you're misreading my posts?

I did suggest once the game was in flow and it looked like we were doing well LJ should be locked in the dressing room and to leave it to Pembo and Wilbs (Not a bad plan to be fair)  but at no point have I ever said anyone but Johnson picked the team.

I take it the LJ love in you have maybe making you a touch paranoid though, proof would be nice as its unfair to call out a poster and call bullshit without being able to back it up.

Its quite easy, click on my profile hit see activity and you can scroll through my posts today in about 30 seconds, I await your apology with baited breath.

People calling people out on things they've supposedly said wind me up no end, you can get the dig in and then vanish.  I expect you to prove I said Pembo picked the team or an apology.

If you do neither then I think we can draw our own conclusions.

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

I see Brownhill in for Smith next game and maybe Hegelerin for Reid

I hope not. Brownhill is too easy to play around and doesnt stay with runners. Not sure about hegler defensively either. Rather see pack and oneil/k smith (45 mins each).

5 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Poor loves.......give them a little rest.....two games in a week must be dreadful

Be fair, Johnson has to also plan ahead, we played Wednesday - Saturday then play Tuesday - Saturday. That is three games in six days or four games in ten days. A massive ask for a late 30s player like Wilbs or recently back from injury O Neill and korey smith. Also Vyner might struggle with his lack of championship experience. 

11 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I hope not. Brownhill is too easy to play around and doesnt stay with runners. Not sure about hegler defensively either. Rather see pack and oneil/k smith (45 mins each).

Hegeler is our best holding midfield player and if we are to play three in the middle I think it will be GON, Brownhill and Hegeler vs Villa as Hegeler can keep on their attacking CMs who will probably be Lansbury and one of Hourihane or Bjarnason probably Hourihane though and then Brownhill can attack and make Jedinak have the worst game of his life!

On 25/02/2017 at 18:55, Chivs said:

I've only seen one person spouting OTIB nonsense on this.  @RumRed !!!

So do you agree that you are speaking complete and utter bullshit?

Do you see what I did there?

On 25/02/2017 at 21:10, RumRed said:

Show me one post where I've said that?  Just one?  I don't need a number of examples, if I'd kept saying it one will do.

Think you may have been getting me confused with someone else mate or you're misreading my posts?

I did suggest once the game was in flow and it looked like we were doing well LJ should be locked in the dressing room and to leave it to Pembo and Wilbs (Not a bad plan to be fair)  but at no point have I ever said anyone but Johnson picked the team.

I take it the LJ love in you have maybe making you a touch paranoid though, proof would be nice as its unfair to call out a poster and call bullshit without being able to back it up.

Its quite easy, click on my profile hit see activity and you can scroll through my posts today in about 30 seconds, I await your apology with baited breath.

People calling people out on things they've supposedly said wind me up no end, you can get the dig in and then vanish.  I expect you to prove I said Pembo picked the team or an apology.

If you do neither then I think we can draw our own conclusions.

Still no apology, as expected.  I'll leave it there now but I do think posters shouldn't make stuff up about others, very ungentlemanly behaviour.

Have a good rest of the season.:thumbsup:

I think as suggested in another thread 4-5-1 is the best formation to play considering the personnel in the squad. With that in mind I would keep the 11 more or less the same, however I think Smith and Wilbraham may struggle playing another game in quick succession. Instead I would go with Pack and Djuric. 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Still no apology, as expected.  I'll leave it there now but I do think posters shouldn't make stuff up about others, very ungentlemanly behaviour.

Have a good rest of the season.:thumbsup:

Sorry, I went to the rugby so didn't have the chance to drop everything and respond to you.

You said in post number 2 

I'm calling out a poster and calling bullshit.  Or is a little question mark (that doesn't exist) "just for interest", "nothing meant by it", "just clarifying stuff"....

Usual bullshit, rumour-mongering....I'm sick and tired of all the "who asked Tammy to drive the car" type posts.  Nudge nudge. Wink wink. Little niggly, anti-Johnson ("what me, no I never said anything") waffle.

No apology here.

27 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Sorry, I went to the rugby so didn't have the chance to drop everything and respond to you.

You said in post number 2 

I'm calling out a poster and calling bullshit.  Or is a little question mark (that doesn't exist) "just for interest", "nothing meant by it", "just clarifying stuff"....

Usual bullshit, rumour-mongering....I'm sick and tired of all the "who asked Tammy to drive the car" type posts.  Nudge nudge. Wink wink. Little niggly, anti-Johnson ("what me, no I never said anything") waffle.

No apology here.

So still no proof that I ever stated 'repeatedly' that 'Pembo picked the team'? (Funny that as I never did or even intimated it).  I think you're projecting to be honest, it's a thing that happens.

Proof, thought not, I'd brush up on your English comprehension if I were you.  

After you called me out for a figment of your imagination I called you out to prove it?

Don't call people out for things they've not done, there's a good chap!

I give up now, I asked you for proof and you've just ranted and offered no apology.

I'll let others judge who's correct.

TTFN

PS I think I can justify calling bullshit on your posts about me now, oh but then again I always could, because you were telling naughty fibs. :nono:

21 hours ago, RumRed said:

So still no proof that I ever stated 'repeatedly' that 'Pembo picked the team'? (Funny that as I never did or even intimated it).  I think you're projecting to be honest, it's a thing that happens.

Proof, thought not, I'd brush up on your English comprehension if I were you.  

After you called me out for a figment of your imagination I called you out to prove it?

Don't call people out for things they've not done, there's a good chap!

I give up now, I asked you for proof and you've just ranted and offered no apology.

I'll let others judge who's correct.

TTFN

PS I think I can justify calling bullshit on your posts about me now, oh but then again I always could, because you were telling naughty fibs. :nono:

Do you know the meaning of the word "patronising"?

Here you go

So, I apologise.  It wasn't Pembo who you claimed was picking the team (although you do mention him) but Wilbs who you repeatedly said was influencing the team against LJ's instructions.

Have you worked out who is picking the team tomorrow?  You seem to have all the answers, old boy.

On 26/02/2017 at 09:13, Flint says No said:

Hegeler is our best holding midfield player and if we are to play three in the middle I think it will be GON, Brownhill and Hegeler vs Villa as Hegeler can keep on their attacking CMs who will probably be Lansbury and one of Hourihane or Bjarnason probably Hourihane though and then Brownhill can attack and make Jedinak have the worst game of his life!

Hegeler is over rated he is not our best defensive midfielder and against Fulham did nothing to keep on there midfielders quite the opposite I'd be happy to see him on the bench along with brownhill for a couple weeks 

On 2/26/2017 at 04:57, Port Said Red said:

If he had kept the same team after Wednesdays horror show he would have deserved your ire. If you want the same high tempo performance on Tuesday, I think you have to allow that he will have to make a couple of changes. Korey Smith hasn't played for months, Wilbs is 36, he will have to take stock. Clown or no clown. :facepalm:

Exactly - LJ is on a hiding to nothing now, though in the eyes of many he has been tinkering way too much. Surely common sense will prevail & he will only replace those that come up a bit flat or sore. Managing the younger players will need to be done carefully, hopefully good performances won't go their heads because the game has a habit of dropping players to earth with a big bang :fingerscrossed:.

3 hours ago, Chivs said:

Do you know the meaning of the word "patronising"?

Here you go

So, I apologise.  It wasn't Pembo who you claimed was picking the team (although you do mention him) but Wilbs who you repeatedly said was influencing the team against LJ's instructions.

Have you worked out who is picking the team tomorrow?  You seem to have all the answers, old boy.

Hopefully Wilbs! :thumbsup:

So nothing about Pembo, nothing saying anyone other than LJ picked the team and only my thoughts on the difference on the pitch,  no ITK bollox, no nudge nudge wink wink, purely my opinion and not stating anything as fact.

Apology accepted.

Sometimes being patronising is warranted if you're called out for bullshit by someone who can't back it up.

Chin up lad, onwards and upwards!

Archived