IGNORED

Zac vyner

formerly known as ivan

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen comments saying he was outstanding today and others saying he was out of his depth.

My question is compared to the player that was torn apart by Reading last season to be subbed fairly early on, did people see an improvement in his performance to suggest he could have a future at this level?

It was Brighton he got torn a new one.

He was neither outstanding or poor s few nervey moments but overall he did a good job considering that was he first start of the season not playing in his favoured position and the enviable pressure he aswell as the team face in playing the best squad in the league cheered on by 50 thousand gordies ,certainly have him above Mathews and little, Taylor Moore maybe not . 

Today he was solid. Only his third championship start and against Atsu who is probably a bit too good for the division. He made some mistakes and you can tell the speed of the game caught him out a few times but that only gets better by playing. With Matthews seemingly thinking about next season wherever that may be and Little injured, I'd just keep throwing young Zak out there. 

I think he's a championship right back in the making. He's quite smooth in his movement and what he does. Looks comfortable on the ball, even if he wasn't asked to do much of that. Had the confidence to take on 3 defenders with step overs late in the game from wing back as well. He's no worse than what we have and I think has potential for the league. The only thing that would worry me is he's kind of inbetween RB and CB at the moment. Meaning he might not be quick enough for RB just yet(don't have to be super quick but needs to figure out what he can and can't do there and how much space to give etc) and not quite physically developed enough for CB yet(may never be). 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Today he was solid. Only his third championship start and against Atsu who is probably a bit too good for the division. He made some mistakes and you can tell the speed of the game caught him out a few times but that only gets better by playing. With Matthews seemingly thinking about next season wherever that may be and Little injured, I'd just keep throwing young Zak out there. 

I think he's a championship right back in the making. He's quite smooth in his movement and what he does. Looks comfortable on the ball, even if he wasn't asked to do much of that. Had the confidence to take on 3 defenders with step overs late in the game from wing back as well. He's no worse than what we have and I think has potential for the league. The only thing that would worry me is he's kind of inbetween RB and CB at the moment. Meaning he might not be quick enough for RB just yet(don't have to be super quick but needs to figure out what he can and can't do there and how much space to give etc) and not quite physically developed enough for CB yet(may never be). 

Spot on.

From what I heard on RB, he played really well. Threw himself into it literally. Played well with Flint too I thought. More game time and he'll be building and learning even more.

54 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

He was neither outstanding or poor s few nervey moments but overall he did a good job considering that was he first start of the season not playing in his favoured position and the enviable pressure he aswell as the team face in playing the best squad in the league cheered on by 50 thousand gordies ,certainly have him above Mathews and little, Taylor Moore maybe not . 

Taylor Moore isnt a rb.

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen comments saying he was outstanding today and others saying he was out of his depth.

My question is compared to the player that was torn apart by Reading last season to be subbed fairly early on, did people see an improvement in his performance to suggest he could have a future at this level?

It was Brighton as Chris Hughton did a number on him.

25 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

It was Brighton as Chris Hughton did a number on him.

I don't think hughton 'done a number on him', at the end of the day he wouldn't have known anything about him, he'd only played one previous, against a poor MK Dons team. I just think he was caught out by the pace of the game, as so many young players are. 

I thought he had a decent game and when you consider the opposition and that it was his first start at this level since that Brighton game I think he should be proud of his performance.

At times I did think Atsu had the beating of him (same as O'Dowda had of Yedlin first half), but I thought he stuck to his task as well, recovered the situation a few times, made a couple of genuinely fantastic tackles and showed some real composure on the ball.

As I did after his debut at Milton Keynes I left the game delighted he had played and that we hadn't bottled it by playing a more senior player out of position and thinking he looked a real prospect.

Also receives extra marks for not being Adam Matthews.

41 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Nah, Ribs was some great hope on here for ages. Ultimately he went on to be very forgettable...

Always had the ability. Had he not suffered with the injuries he would've played most of his career at championship level. 

Anyhow, nice to see you taking digs at a player you've likely seen 2 or 3 times, is only 19 and is rated as one of the best in the group of players in our academy at the moment, and also had a hugely succesful period at league 2 level.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Moore has played LB, RB, and RWB for Bury - and done well at all three.

He's going to be a real asset for us next season.

Contrary to what I've been told mate, I'm good friends with a Bury fan and he reckons he's not been standout at that level which doesn't really bode well.

Anyway, sorry to be pedantic, but isn't it Zak Vyner, not Zac? Seen Zac in here a few times. 

8 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Contrary to what I've been told mate, I'm good friends with a Bury fan and he reckons he's not been standout at that level which doesn't really bode well.

Anyway, sorry to be pedantic, but isn't it Zak Vyner, not Zac? Seen Zac in here a few times. 

Many bury fans on twitter, Facebook and other online platforms say otherwise. 

9 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Didn't go today but listening to RB it does seem that Zac had a decent game so well done to him ......:clap:

Decent game!!! Astu twisted his blood today and he was our biggest liability.

while I know we have no real other option at rb at the moment, from what I have seen vyner is s long way from being the answer

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Decent game!!! Astu twisted his blood today and he was our biggest liability.

while I know we have no real other option at rb at the moment, from what I have seen vyner is s long way from being the answer

Then the commentary team were clearly wrong , as you correctly say, with no other RB option available he was the only answer on the day.

Archived