IGNORED

Apple cider!

Pound Lane Red

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I settled for apple cider vinegar, hmm, bit of an acquired taste to be honest, I'm glad I only had a half, admit I struggled a bit, bloody strong stuff.  :farmer:

Will remove any wart if dabbed once a day. After a few days the wart will be gone. Magical stuff really. 

2 hours ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Rattler does strange things to my legs and coordination. Especially after 6 pints sitting in the Cornish sun. I do object to Healeys claim to the "original" scrumpy though. 

That's a good tour Healeys. And here's a fact that no-one will find interesting, I had given up cider completely for years until a night in Polzheath. I discovered Ratler and my love was rekindled . Told you, no-one :blush2:

Done a few tours, usually ok. Thatchers open day is a decent day out, Sheppy's was OK but Healeys was my favourite. Really enjoyed that tasting.

6 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

Random fact of the day . Thatchers cider are the main producers of Ribena.   I thank you.:yes:

They are - I've seen the blackcurrant orchards :o Seriously, the Yatton-Cheddar footpath takes you through Katy Field, which is full of Katy apple trees - I imagine heaven is rather like that...

10 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

It's the minimum it has to contain. The better ones obviously  contain a much higher percentage.  The cheaper versions like white lightning will contain the 38% water and additives.  They buy cheap frozen apple juice from France where it's not really consumed.

whhuergh :pinch: 

Diamond White…

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

It was only an example, unfortunately there are worse ones out there, I've tried most :drunk2:

I've only ever had a swig of it once, back in 1987. Never again. I can't drink cider now having been put off in my teens by copious amounts of Gaymers, Woodpecker, Autumn Gold and Merrydown. :noexp:

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I've only ever had a swig of it once, back in 1987. Never again. I can't drink cider now having been put off in my teens by copious amounts of Gaymers, Woodpecker, Autumn Gold and Merrydown. :noexp:

Give it another go , never been a better time . Some really good stuff around :farmer:

5 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Give it another go , never been a better time . Some really good stuff around :farmer:

I tried some in The Orchard, some were too sweet, and my friends had some ginger cider near the Watershed which was nice. So much better than the old rubbish I used to have. Pretty lethal though.

I remember trying scrumpy in the 60's well underage but it were really nice! My old man took over the Albert on two mile hill  then, first lunchtime opening he rolled the scrumpy barrels out to the gutter and stove the ends in!  The regulars looked on totally aghast - he barred the ones who complained!

Told the scrumpy drinkers it was ale or nothing, ladies could have bottle cider but he would never serve draught!

I was not happy, had to sneak pints in pubs where the locals did not know my dad!

7 hours ago, Pound Lane Red said:

I shall have to do the Thatchers tour next time I am in the area. Probably finish it off in the new gastro pub they have built. 

If you do go, make sure you try the Big Apple cider. The pubs the only place you can get it and its utterly fantastic

On 26/02/2017 at 19:34, exAtyeoMax said:

Merrydown! The cause of many a teenage pavement spew! Myself included. I shudder to remember.

Archived