IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust meeting Wednesday 1st March

Blagdon Mike

Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

Monthly Meeting, The Rising Sun, 21 Ashton Rd, Bristol

BS3 2EA

Wednesday 1st March 2017, 7.30pm

Please send in anything you would like discussed and your comments on the agenda items below

Bristol Sport/BCFC reps will be present for items before the break

You are welcome to attend - please introduce yourself on arrival

Thanks

Mike.

1.  Apologies, minutes and matters arising

2.  Season Card proposals following the FAN meeting

3.  Supporters barswe need a firm response from Bristol Sport to our proposal or this could drift beyond the start of next season again. We are spending a lot of money each month on storage and we need a permanent home

4.  Bristol Sport Survey - what are the key themes arising from the recent big survey of fans?  A full download would be good.

5.  End-of-season awards, Hall of Fame III – pre or post final game on the concourse or in a club bar

6.  BCFC Website working group

7.  Ask the Owner - We haven't done one this season.  One at Brighton is possible and could be interesting

8.  Head Coach - getting to know him

9.  Birmingham Legal Cases – report

Break

10.  Members surgery

11.  Atyeo Statue - third and final addition of names

12.  Book – report and communication and appeal for stories

13.  Accounts update - current cash holding, commitment to pay the Club for statue

14.  AGM date - If we hold a vote for board positions, this takes time to formally organise due to the notification process.  We could manage to hold it for Wolves on 8 April or Barnsley on 22 April in ‘the Bar’ before the game.  We should have 2015 accounts audited by then

15.  Affiliations:          Co-operatives and Mutuals in the South West

Supporters Direct - £100 fee

Football Supporters Federation - £100 donation

16.  AOB – emergency items

17.  Next Meeting – Wednesday 5th April

9 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

Monthly Meeting, The Rising Sun, 21 Ashton Rd, Bristol

BS3 2EA

Wednesday 1st March 2017, 7.30pm

Please send in anything you would like discussed and your comments on the agenda items below

Bristol Sport/BCFC reps will be present for items before the break

You are welcome to attend - please introduce yourself on arrival

Thanks

Mike.

1.  Apologies, minutes and matters arising

2.  Season Card proposals following the FAN meeting

3.  Supporters barswe need a firm response from Bristol Sport to our proposal or this could drift beyond the start of next season again. We are spending a lot of money each month on storage and we need a permanent home

4.  Bristol Sport Survey - what are the key themes arising from the recent big survey of fans?  A full download would be good.

5.  End-of-season awards, Hall of Fame III – pre or post final game on the concourse or in a club bar

6.  BCFC Website working group

7.  Ask the Owner - We haven't done one this season.  One at Brighton is possible and could be interesting

8.  Head Coach - getting to know him

9.  Birmingham Legal Cases – report

Break

10.  Members surgery

11.  Atyeo Statue - third and final addition of names

12.  Book – report and communication and appeal for stories

13.  Accounts update - current cash holding, commitment to pay the Club for statue

14.  AGM date - If we hold a vote for board positions, this takes time to formally organise due to the notification process.  We could manage to hold it for Wolves on 8 April or Barnsley on 22 April in ‘the Bar’ before the game.  We should have 2015 accounts audited by then

15.  Affiliations:          Co-operatives and Mutuals in the South West

Supporters Direct - £100 fee

Football Supporters Federation - £100 donation

16.  AOB – emergency items

17.  Next Meeting – Wednesday 5th April

Haven't heard anything about my SC&T membership @Blagdon Mike since I signed up at the beginning of Feb, other than the standard emails confirming my payment etc. Should I have received something by now? 

4 hours ago, cider head said:

What's the point? Same faces month in month out and nothing changes? Item 3 lied to Atyeo bar. 

Just had a look at some of the previous minutes and you aren't wrong.

SCAT moan about having a bar and the club aren't able to commit  (probably because they have plans for the space) but for a laugh the club keep them on a piece of string. 

SCAT challenge the independence of the SLO role and suggest that 'SLO support officers' are appointed (from within their ranks, obviously); before nothing happens.

Now unless I've missed something; I really couldn't tell you what supporter issues that have been raised on here that they've influenced in finding an agreeable resolution for. Which given the number of years they've been holding these meetings is quite something.

What are the 'season card proposals'?

And why has a discussion that appears to have been part of the FAN group now part of SCAT?

Also, what isn't clear is 'what are the differences between SCAT and FAN?'

I would guess that FAN is to address supporter issues as it's open to all and that SCAT is only relevant to the goings on of the supports club as it's a closed shop/membership quango.

But the agenda doesn't seem to reflect that. 

On 27/02/2017 at 14:21, Dollymarie said:

We're storing all the memorabilia from the old supporters club bar, waiting for its new permanent home.   

''We are spending a lot of money each month on storage and we need a permanent home''

So BCFC are charging you 'A lot of money'' for storing it in an unused room?

Clarity and cost please

7 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

''We are spending a lot of money each month on storage and we need a permanent home''

So BCFC are charging you 'A lot of money'' for storing it in an unused room?

Clarity and cost please

All the Supporters Club bar memorabilia is stored in a Big Yellow at a cost of just under £50 per month (includes the cost of rent and insurance).

18 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Which club officials will be in attendance should we wish to gather outside to show our discontent?

We're expecting Adam Baker and Mark Kelly; neither have any responsibility for what goes on the pitch (or coach appointments etc)

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

And why has a discussion that appears to have been part of the FAN group now part of SCAT?

I would guess that FAN is to address supporter issues as it's open to all and that SCAT is only relevant to the goings on of the supports club as it's a closed shop/membership quango.

It's not a closed shop, anyone can join and anyone can attend SC&T meetings. Why don't you come along this evening Rob? Failing that I'd be happy to email you a membership form? 

FAN have been asked not to publicise season ticket details yet. We fed back our opinions on what we were told, (including raising an objection to one part of it) and have been told that has been added to the ongoing discussion within the club themselves. I suspect that whilst our championship league status is not that secure just yet, they are holding off making any firm decisions or announcements yet. 

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There are four Supporters Club & Trust representatives on FAN. FAN intends to bring together a wider representative sample of the supporter community including representatives for disabled supporters and the Senior Reds.

FAN is looking at the make up for next season but actually it's the opposite of what you describe. FAN is technically a closed group with the Club wanting some matters to remain within its four walls, while the Supporters Club & Trust board meetings have been open to all supporters for many years.

I would describe the difference between the two is that the Supporters Club & Trust is bottom up and FAN is top down. The reality is that most of what the Supporters Club & Trust do to help fans takes place in conversations and emails with Club officials that occasionally result in change. For many reasons this representation isn't widely reported and maybe we should do more to publicly state what we've been up to.

The same old faces accusation is a fair one. This is a problem that most Supporters Clubs and Supporters Trust have around the country so its not unique to Bristol City. We have to be more proactive at getting other people involved. Rob, you've always had strong views, why not try and improve it from the inside?

The SC&T wants to improve the supporter experience for everyone. We have, like many other Supporters Trusts, taken the view that this should not include comment on team matters. I know that some supporters would like us to represent fans wanting a change of management and I can see and understand why they feel this is part of our remit. Personally I think the reasons for team underperformance are too subjective and that supporter voices with the desire for change are being heard perfectly clearly without the need for the SC&T to get involved.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How much of a time commitment is involved?

Entirely depends how much time you want to give. Everybody bar two of us (me and Blagdon Mike) work full time and have managed to do all that needs doing when it needs doing. 

When there are specific things happening, such as the Statue launch, then that requires a bit more time, but it was easy enough to sort between us. We wouldn't all still be here, over 10 years later, trying to do stuff, and influence stuff at the club, if it was too much of a pain in the rear. 

Like I said, come along this evening and say hi. We don't bite honest, unless you ask us to ;) 

(plus you and Mark Kelly get to be in the same place at the same time, that's gotta be a good thing right? :D ) 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Milo said:

There are four Supporters Club & Trust representatives on FAN. 

The same old faces accusation is a fair one. 

To me this is part of the problem same people same discussions.

Either bring them under the same umbrella or have a look at having less on the FAN.

One SC&T rep on FAN should be enough 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Entirely depends how much time you want to give. Everybody bar two of us (me and Blagdon Mike) work full time and have managed to do all that needs doing when it needs doing. 

When there are specific things happening, such as the Statue launch, then that requires a bit more time, but it was easy enough to sort between us. We wouldn't all still be here, over 10 years later, trying to do stuff, and influence stuff at the club, if it was too much of a pain in the rear. 

Like I said, come along this evening and say hi. We don't bite honest, unless you ask us to ;) 

(plus you and Mark Kelly get to be in the same place at the same time, that's gotta be a good thing right? :D ) 

No can do this evening. I've committed my time for making a banner for Saturday*! :thumbsup:

Not ruling out attending a future meetings however. 

*won't be making a banner, will instead be in the pub, and 7.30 is a bit on the early side.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

No can do this evening. I've committed my time for making a banner for Saturday*! :thumbsup:

Not ruling out attending a future meetings however. 

*won't be making a banner, will instead be in the pub, and 7.30 is a bit on the early side.

@Bristol Rob Next one is April the 5th. Put it in your diary now. Can't say I didn't give you enough notice ;) 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

@Bristol Rob Next one is April the 5th. Put it in your diary now. Can't say I didn't give you enough notice ;) 

I'll come along to the next one with my esteemed personal assistant; #DMS advocate and discounts warrior @CyderInACan

You'll recognise us, i'lI be dressed as a bag of chips and Mr InACan will be wearing his Erasure outfit.

He is prepared to battle with @Mkelly for my affections in the Bristol bromance challenge.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll come along to the next one with my esteemed personal assistant; #DMS advocate and discounts warrior @CyderInACan

You'll recognise us, i'lI be dressed as a bag of chips and Mr InACan will be wearing his Erasure outfit.

He is prepared to battle with @Mkelly for my affections in the Bristol bromance challenge.

I have that in writing now! 

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

@Bristol Rob speaks the truth, although I've a feeling my Erasure outfit is at the dry cleaners that Day

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well put on the unicorn outfit you wear in the birthday party room. Durr.

God. I have to do EVERYTHING for you.

Don't blame it on the weatherman. He can use his denim jacket and jeans from his B*Witched drag tribute band. 

C'est la vie.

Archived