IGNORED

The Villa v City thread

22A

4 hours ago, spudski said:

I just prefer to be positive and optimistic, rather than finding negative things all the time.

The forum is full of negativity...not a happy clapper...but I'm a great believer in positive energy getting positive results, rather than negativity all the time. ;-)

This optimism and positive energy you speak of only seems to come from you when you like, and support the manager.

If you don't like him, then you're as negative as anyone, in fact I'd say more so than most. 

So much so that you're liable to sink into the 'Depths of Despair' iirc. :whistle2:

Optimism?

"We will be playing European football within four years".

"We are moving in the right direction".

"We have a plan, and will stick to it". (:rofl2br:)

:tumbleweed:

"The Bristol arena will be built in the next two years".

"The metrobus won't be a failure".

"BigTone will stop being sarcastic".

I think optimism is over-rated, personally - but I would say that, wouldn't I?

:badmood:

tfj

33 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This optimism and positive energy you speak of only seems to come from you when you like, and support the manager.

If you don't like him, then you're as negative as anyone, in fact I'd say more so than most. 

So much so that you're liable to sink into the 'Depths of Despair' iirc. :whistle2:

That was then...this is now. Everyone is allowed to change their habits and learn from experience.

So many different factors as well.

It's not about liking a person...it's about recognising that they are doing their best for the good of the club.

Anyway...just trying to add some positivity into the forum. :-) COYR's :-)

25 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Hope Kodj's is not on form, we know he can create his own chances, probably why he is still scoring despite being in an expensive but poor team.

Bound to score and help Villa win. Him going is the reason for this disaster of a season in the first place.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am hoping for a repeat of the lovely feeling I got when we blew them away at the Gate, just after their fans had been singing "You've only come to see the Villa". My how we laughed :):)

I think they will try on Cotts back because of his Brum connection and I think he is the sort of player that will get fired up by that.....

Up the Villa....Yeah, Right Up!!!! COYR 2-1 City

7 minutes ago, London expats said:

Yeh because we hav,nt replaced him with a 20+ goal scorer have we  !!!!!

Who will be gone in a few months.

He wasn't Kodjia's replacement, we started off great with both in the team. Selling him days before the window without a replacement has predictably come back to bite us.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Our problem this season hasnt been scoring goals though.

A lot of games we've lacked an attacking edge or haven't been clinical when it matters. We've relied on pretty much one young lad purely to score our goals. We've lacked pace and have been ponderous in possession. Having a better attack naturally puts less pressure on the defence.

I think we'll both score and concede tonight; be more than happy with a draw (though if that is the case, a Blackburn loss would be preferable).

That all said; if whatever side we play shows the same spirit and application that we did Saturday, I'll be happy.

Won't be able to listen or even check on things much tonight, so hoping for a pleasant surprise when I look for the scores late tonight.

COYR!

45 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

He wasn't Kodjia's replacement, we started off great with both in the team. Selling him days before the window without a replacement has predictably come back to bite us.

To be fair, would you have turned down £15m and probably a sell on clause percentage?

We all know he wasn't worth nowhere near that so good bit of business. Yes we have Tammy until May but then we can splodge the Kodj cash on a new striker. Plus we have Matty who isn't none too shabby in the champs.

Coaches have arrived and parked up. No one is moving as it's absolutely bucketing down here. Some surrounding  roads have huge puddles/floods. Rain  hammering on coach roof. Will get soaked just getting into ground! Turnstyles not open yet. 

47 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Had no choice he wanted to go and refused to play. This ridiculous idea that you can just say no you aren't going to another club to triple your salary and then expect them to give 100% for your club is fantasy.

The club got a great deal.

Archived