IGNORED

Mr Lansdown

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

You are as much to blame as Johnson for this absolute shambolic mess.Your the reason this has dragged on till March.You should have gotten rid of him 2 months ago.

Totally agree.

I just hope our saviour remembers our last two games. Away at Newcastle over 50,000 people, I'm not sure what the attendance was tonight . We've played at two iconic stadiums in this country, to be replaced by next season going to clubs like Rochdale, Bury and even worse rovers. Tonight makes you realise what we're in the process of lossing

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Yep. The issue is he listened to Mark Ashton. Ashton needs to go. 

I doubt very much that Mark Ashton cast his eyes over the entire english football league and identified Lee Johnson, ex Bristol City player and son of SL's favourite manager, as the one person worth appointing without interviewing any alternatives all on his own.  I expect it was quite clear who the owner favoured and he was either instructed or felt like there was only one choice that could be made.  

I also think the players signed under Ashton's tenure have been good enough.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I doubt very much that Mark Ashton cast his eyes over the entire english football league and identified Lee Johnson, ex Bristol City player and son of SL's favourite manager, as the one person worth appointing without interviewing any alternatives all on his own.  I expect it was quite clear who the owner favoured and he was either instructed or felt like there was only one choice that could be made.  

How have they been good enough??

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't mean the team has played well enough.  I think as individuals the signings have enough ability to see us improve on last season.  They've not stopped trying or given up either, they've just been woefully mismanaged all season.  There are some signings we should have made but haven't (full backs) which would IMO be fair criticism of Ashton but I think overall he gave LJ enough tools to get the job - a top half finish - done.

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Agree totally Nibor, nail on head!

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I don't mean the team has played well enough.  I think as individuals the signings have enough ability to see us improve on last season.  They've not stopped trying or given up either, they've just been woefully mismanaged all season.  There are some signings we should have made but haven't (full backs) which would IMO be fair criticism of Ashton but I think overall he gave LJ enough tools to get the job - a top half finish - done.

Fair point

28 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

You are as much to blame as Johnson for this absolute shambolic mess.Your the reason this has dragged on till March.You should have gotten rid of him 2 months ago.

This is the sort of "negativity" that will stop the players running around on Saturday, passing the ball accurately,  winning their one on ones, showing for the ball, and tracking their runners. Probably even taking a throw-in properly. Please be sure to leave this attitude at home at the weekend, and come skipping to the Gate with your bestist happy-clapper #makingbristolproud face on.

Remember: we are on the right pathway, and we are still competitive. Only the poor attitude of the crowd holds us back.

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

This is the sort of "negativity" that will stop the players running around on Saturday, passing the ball accurately,  winning their one on ones, showing for the ball, and tracking their runners. Probably even taking a throw-in properly. Please be sure to leave this attitude at home at the weekend, and come skipping to the Gate with your bestist happy-clapper #makingbristolproud face on.

Remember: we are on the right pathway, and we are still competitive. Only the poor attitude of the crowd holds us back.

Are you for real ffs

10 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Mr Lansdown? Is that you? 

53 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Yep. The issue is he listened to Mark Ashton. Ashton needs to go. 

I think MA has done a good job - LJ is SL choice hands down, no way MA had any real say in his appointment.  I also think MA and the board want LJ gone, but SL wants to stick by him...

45 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

There are some good players in the squad, lets see how they perform under a good coach and see how they do.

18 minutes ago, kevster3 said:

Are you for real ffs

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mr Lansdown? Is that you? 

Good god, and they say people don't understand irony or satire anymore.

53 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I also think the players signed under Ashton's tenure have been good enough. - really ? We have not poached any player that has been in the starting 11 for their previous clubs (maybe O'Dowda) = the signings he has made have been just fringe players or ones that were not wanted!. The only MA good signing has been Tammy - Mark Ashton is full of BS and needs to be removed from our Club ASAP!

1 minute ago, tomo said:

really ? We have not poached any player that has been in the starting 11 for their previous clubs (maybe O'Dowda) = the signings he has made have been just fringe players or ones that were not wanted!. The only MA good signing has been Tammy - Mark Ashton is full of BS and needs to be removed from our Club ASAP!

I think Abraham, Magnusson, O'Neill, Hegeler, Tomlin, Wright, Djuric, Cotterill, Paterson and Taylor are all good players.  They'd be in or around most Championship first XIs.  For me the jury is out on Brownhill, Lucic, O'Dowda and Moore (who all have youth on their side) and I'm not convinced by Giefer or Golbourne and with Matthews I'm not sure whether he's stopped trying or LJ has alienated him - based on last season he had the ability.  The only players we've let go I'd have liked to keep were Ayling and Cunningham and we got a fantastic price for Kodjia.  I don't think Ashton has done a bad job at all, I'd criticise the lack of full backs but I think a "first team coach" should be able to get far, far more out of those players.  All he has to do is stop changing things every game.  

What's the reasoning behind your view?  Simply that these players may not have been in their first teams when we signed them?  That's often going to be the case, clubs tend not to let their first XI go unless a buyer is prepared to overpay substantially.

Ok Steve, you've shown that you will give managers time even when the going is tough. Credit to you but now it's time to act.

Mr Rowett is available and fits your criteria of young up and coming managers. He is also popular amongst supporters which makes it win win for you. If you won't sack him for the results then surely those ridiculously large tie knots are reason enough

8 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Ok Steve, you've shown that you will give managers time even when the going is tough. Credit to you but now it's time to act.

Mr Rowett is available and fits your criteria of young up and coming managers. He is also popular amongst supporters which makes it win win for you. If you won't sack him for the results then surely those ridiculously large tie knots are reason enough

They're actually normal size knots, they just look big.

I am assuming that SL won't act because we aren't yet "in the bottom 3, cut adrift" as he stated, so LJ will still be here for Saturday's match. It's going to be "interesting" at the very least. Interesting in the sense of the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".

An early goal for Burton and I would predict the crowd will become very restive and the atmosphere get quite toxic despite SL's pleas not to put the players off by chanting. What did he expect though? We have had 5 months of this with no sign of a change, including the longest run of league defeats in our history, we know that this is untenable and that teams on that sort of form don't stay up.

There was a way to avoid this but SL has backed "his man", and so must accept the consequences. Unfortunately that looks like a return to League 1, which all of us will have to live with, except possibly LJ. However I am not sure that even that will be enough to see him given the boot!

Archived