IGNORED

Get Millen in.

Fuber

Until the end of the season. I don't care.

We may of played utter tripe under him but at least the players tried, they simply weren't good enough. They just - defensively - weren't good enough.

We finished 15th with that poor side, but they gave 100% and played for him. With the likes of an Nicky Hunt, McGivern, and Damien Stewart. More importantly we had a bit of threat going forward, and went on to beat Leicester and Burnley that season.

People may remember the worst of him for that second season. But remember, like Cotts,  that second transfer window under him was a bit of a farce. The amount we spent with the laughable squad we had? A poultry £50k, on one player and two free agents. That £50k signing was a certain Yannick Bolasie.

Makes you wonder what Millen could've done with more funds.

But this is just me venting and my opinion. While I substantiate the above facts, I just want to note that looking back I feel he was given a bad rep unjustly,  especially as we then got relegated the following season anyway and dragged even lower by O'Driscoll. Plus he's gained 5 years experience and would be 'HEAD COACH', a role I would feel suits him to a much greater degree and he wouldn't have the grievances that others would in being forced to work within the current setup. 

I realise they say never go back, but we did it with a Cotterill and that's gone well. What's the harm? He has to be a good coach to last under 4 or 5 managers at Palace, and keep his job over them bringing  there preference coaches with them.

I'll get the helmet. **** the tin hat. :mf_sleep:

I appreciate your points above, but I'm not sure I see things the same way.

I realise that we are back into the perpetual loop we seem to get into every time we get into this league (i.e. have an established manager who loses the plot, employ a young and upcoming coach who isn't good enough and *gulp* be relegated - rinse and repeat) but I genuinely think that we need an experienced manager rather than a head coach at this moment in time.

It's not so much that we have bad players, we actually have some very good players. They do, however, look completely bereft of hunger and we need the right man in who can motivate these players to perform between now and the final whistle of the final day.

I'd like to think if we're serious about staying up, and if we were looking to replace the manager, we would take it a bit more seriously than just appointing someone because they're seemingly available, we know them and it's convenient.

If I were in SL's shoes I wouldn't limit potential replacements to managers out of work either.. people seem to think that's the only option.

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Until the end of the season. I don't care.

We may of played utter tripe under him but at least the players tried, they simply weren't good enough. They just - defensively - weren't good enough.

We finished 15th with that poor side, but they gave 100% and played for him. With the likes of an Nicky Hunt, McGivern, and Damien Stewart. More importantly we had a bit of threat going forward, and went on to beat Leicester and Burnley that season.

People may remember the worst of him for that second season. But remember, like Cotts,  that second transfer window under him was a bit of a farce. The amount we spent with the laughable squad we had? A poultry £50k, on one player and two free agents. That £50k signing was a certain Yannick Bolasie.

Makes you wonder what Millen could've done with more funds.

But this is just me venting and my opinion. While I substantiate the above facts, I just want to note that looking back I feel he was given a bad rep unjustly,  especially as we then got relegated the following season anyway and dragged even lower by O'Driscoll. Plus he's gained 5 years experience and would be 'HEAD COACH', a role I would feel suits him to a much greater degree and he wouldn't have the grievances that others would in being forced to work within the current setup. 

I realise they say never go back, but we did it with a Cotterill and that's gone well. What's the harm? He has to be a good coach to last under 4 or 5 managers at Palace, and keep his job over them bringing  there preference coaches with them.

I'll get the helmet. **** the tin hat. :mf_sleep:

Why don't we just get Mark McGhee in!!!!

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Why don't we just get Mark McGhee in!!!!

Harsh but understandable. However with SL's increasingly questionable decisions, I'm just honestly hoping for anything. He's hardly one to flash the cash on managerial appointments, and I think if LJs replacement were straight forward,  the players would be more likely to play for whoever that may be. SL owns the club. All there is to it at the end of the day. We could be Blackpool.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Harsh but understandable. However with SL's increasingly questionable decisions, I'm just honestly hoping for anything. He's hardly one to flash the cash on managerial appointments, and I think if LJs replacement were straight forward,  the players would be more likely to play for whoever that may be. SL owns the club. All there is to it at the end of the day. We could be Blackpool.

I think we all just need to lower our expectations... we're a shit championship club and a half decent league 1 club... it's all I've ever known...  It's the promise of more that hurts!!! 

Archived