IGNORED

Saturdays choice?

Ska Junkie

Saturday dilemma.  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

It's meant to be a poll, you haven't covered the options therefore it's a flawed poll...

It will be more flawed if there is an option which about 99% would choose - I think the results are interesting as it is and currently with lose the game so LJ goes leading at this point - slightly shocking for me !!

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

It will be more flawed if there is an option which about 99% would choose - I think the results are interesting as it is and currently with lose the game so LJ goes leading at this point - slightly shocking for me !!

I agree Neo but it says fail to win rather than lose with all respect.

I didn't know what to expect in all honesty but the result thus far is, as you say, slightly  shocking.

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I agree Neo but it says fail to win rather than lose with all respect.

I didn't know what to expect in all honesty but the result thus far is, as you say, slightly  shocking.

It does say fail to win - apologies.

Anything less than 3 points will feel like a loss - covered myself !! :yes:

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If ever there was a damning indictment of LJ's tenure then this poll is it. 

Pretty crazy how bad its got..... Many think that us losing and LJ getting the sack will give us the best chance of staying up.....

I did'nt vote because i want him sacked regardless!!

City to win

Johnson to go

If that turns out to be the scenario it leaves us with another major problem : SL choosing another manager, yet again with no proper appointment procedures in place, and the whole ghastly roundabout starts up again.

4 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Do you think that's a possibilty Ivor, a realistic one?

Sadly no. Neither owner, Board, nor Head Coach are big enough to own up publicly to their failings. Hope I am 100% wrong, though - but as I said that still leaves us fans with just a new headache, the appointment of a  new manager 

God knows where we all go from here

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

City to win

Johnson to go

If that turns out to be the scenario it leaves us with another major problem : SL choosing another manager, yet again with no proper appointment procedures in place, and the whole ghastly roundabout starts up again.

Summed up how I feel. 

I really don't understand why he thinks he is capable of bringing a manager in. He knows business not football ffs. 

Just looking at his previous decisions shows he needs to put a person in place to make the decisions with footballing knowledge and experience.

And I must say you know things are bad when i called my Dad and all we did was talk about the situation at city for an hour. 

5 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Over 50% of supporters want us to lose.

Hang your heads in shame.

I thought the question asked was "fail to win" not want us not to win.I always want my team to win even if it means we keep the clueless soundbite person.

Have to win no matter the outcome in regards to the coach. I doubt there'd be so many LJ out if we won the last 13 games. Not going to happen but point is I never want to see us lose and while a win is unlikely to make LJ a good coach it will be 3 points closer to keeping us in the league which is the goal no matter what and who is in charge. 

I support Bristol City.

In every game I want us to get three points.

Even if LJ goes, there is no guarantee a replacement will do better (not the same as saying he shouldn't be replaced).

If we get three points, we are nearer safety.

If we don't, we're nearer relegation.

Although I get the question, really, there's only one answer

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I never want us to lose but fully understand why some do. It just shows what a dreadful place SL's egotism has got us to

The situation is dire and one we shouldn't be in but we are and losing another won't help. What if we lose Saturday and he doesn't go? If I was offered 3 points but had to keep LJ I'd take the 3 as it would means 3 wins and a draw or two should mean we stay up. Maybe LJ doesn't have it in him. Maybe he gets lucky. I don't know and I don't like guessing but it's what we are stuck with so I just want the win. 

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I support Bristol City.

In every game I want us to get three points.

Even if LJ goes, there is no guarantee a replacement will do better (not the same as saying he shouldn't be replaced).

If we get three points, we are nearer safety.

If we don't, we're nearer relegation.

Although I get the question, really, there's only one answer

I admire your passion Silvio but the current result would suggest the last statement isn't the case. As mentioned previously, I think it shows the strength of anti LJ feelings. 

In normal situations, not one City fan would have ticked anything but the 'win' option, obviously.

4 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I admire your passion Silvio but the current result would suggest the last statement isn't the case. As mentioned previously, I think it shows the strength of anti LJ feelings. 

In normal situations, not one City fan would have ticked anything but the 'win' option, obviously.

And I can respect that. And I've said on more than one thread I think LJs time is up. But even if we appointed SAF, it's not a guarantee of points - so I have to take the points.

Counter question - would you, or others, take the loss and losing LJ if at the end of the season we are relegated by two points? Just as likely...

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And I can respect that. And I've said on more than one thread I think LJs time is up. But even if we appointed SAF, it's not a guarantee of points - so I have to take the points.

Counter question - would you, or others, take the loss and losing LJ if at the end of the season we are relegated by two points? Just as likely...

I never want City to lose Silvio and I mean never. I want LJ gone but couldn't bring myself to wish defeat on our team. 

Maybe ask your question in another poll after Saturdays game? It would certainly be divisive as is the current poll.

1 minute ago, 8menhadadream said:

I never want City to lose Silvio and I mean never. I want LJ gone but couldn't bring myself to wish defeat on our team. 

Maybe ask your question in another poll after Saturdays game? It would certainly be divisive as is the current poll.

I think we're pretty much on the same page here so no axe to grind. The only point I'll disagree on is that the poll should be pre saturday - i.e. Take losing and LJ gone, come what may. I'd hope most people are of the same opinion there - even now (and again, I think his time is up) - we'd all take him staying if it meant staying up and reassessing in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think we're pretty much on the same page here so no axe to grind. The only point I'll disagree on is that the poll should be pre saturday - i.e. Take losing and LJ gone, come what may. I'd hope most people are of the same opinion there - even now (and again, I think his time is up) - we'd all take him staying if it meant staying up and reassessing in the summer.

I wouldn't, if he managed to keep us up I'd want him gone still. Terrible record, hugely underachieved ie money spent, get someone better in that can do a good job.

Edit: Unless you mean reassessing as in manager too.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I'm sure you're right Silvio and I've no axe to grind either. It would leave a huge problem in the summer though as the fans have turned and I don't think we're coming back onside any time soon!

Archived