IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

Good day everyone. And let us hope it ends as that, whatever that means to each individual. There will no doubt be a few out there who quietly would like the football club from the old king of world brewing to give City a good hiding today. One might argue that if Burton Albion come to Ashton Gate and shut up shop magnificently until the 80th minute then hit us on the break resulting in a fairly usual collapse on our part and 3 more goals it will put Lee Johnson out of his misery. 

There may be others who argue that while they would never wish a defeat upon their club, whatever the consequences, just this once it is for the greater good. Many would even have sympathy with that view whilst not necessarily agreeing or advocating it. And therein lies the paradox.

Or one could express it rather more elongatingly; Paradoxical as it may sound, the truth seems to be that primary judgment, beginning as it does with the simplest feeling and sensation, is not a combination of two mental elements into one, but is a division of one sensible thing into the thing itself and its existence and the belief that it is determined as existing.

In short, I blame nobody at all for having this view. In fact I fully understand it. Born from the frustration, even the downright anger, that lies in the belly from spending hundreds and even thousands only to be confronted with an owner saying fans should not boo.

All of that said I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we do not win today and will leave it at that.. oh and to post the previous Burton thread here which is a celebration of what the town has literally given to the world. 

UTC

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 17

Thanks. Gameday and lots of opinions. 3 points all that counts. Gotta feeling we will explode today, 3-0. Or is it just my imnigation? For me it feels the most important game of the season so far. The birds here in my small garden sings beautiful. A robin is the the first to talk, sing. Its white and snowing but the birds tell us spring is soon coming. However reality is not imagniation, fantasy. Burton is not a good awayteam and they had luck vs Blacburn 1-1. Think honest we have a good chanse to win. Come on you reds

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Thanks. Gameday and lots of opinions. 3 points all that counts. Gotta feeling we will explode today, 3-0. Or is it  just my imagination ? For me it feels the most important game of the season so far. The birds here in my small garden sings beautiful. A robin is the the first to talk, sing. Its white and snowing but the birds tell us spring is soon coming. However reality is not imagniation, fantasy. Burton is not a good awayteam and they had luck vs Blacburn 1-1. Think honest we have a good chanse to win. Come on you reds

too much  rotmos med fläsk methinks letting your imagination run wild :laughcont:

• Like 1

I'm hoping if City score first the Brewers will droop.

We really SHOULD beat them . They are as good as us away from home and they have injuries to key players . They have some older players in their side so I hope we press and Deborah Harry .Wear the old fellas out and hit them with youthful exuberance ( Wilbs to score in Ian Dury time) 

NOTHING LESS THAN VICTORY IS GOOD ENOUGH. 

We can do this 

Johnson out .

• Like 1

Come on City, please for the love of all City fans around the world and the cosmos, win this damned game today!!

I look for a 2-0 win and a draw at Blackburn v Wigan.

If we lose today, farewell Mr Johnson, thanks for the survival last season.

I fear the talents of Michael Kightly; will luck do us a favour and somehow force him to miss this game today?

We beat Burton earlier this season thanks to a healthy dose of luck and Tammy.

I worry that without either of those things, today will prove a tougher proposition.

And if we fail to take three points today, that would mean that out of our last five (Leeds, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa and Burton) we'd have only matched or improved on one result (Newcastle draw) from the first half of the season - even the staunchest of the LJ faithful would have to question if that really represents anything close to progress.

So let us hope we start our push back up the table starts today, and we can do the double on Burton.  

It is undeniably one of the most crucial games we've faced this season; please let us pass this test.

COYR

• Like 1
3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone. And let us hope it ends as that, whatever that means to each individual. There will no doubt be a few out there who quietly would like the football club from the old king of world brewing to give City a good hiding today. One might argue that if Burton Albion come to Ashton Gate and shut up shop magnificently until the 80th minute then hit us on the break resulting in a fairly usual collapse on our part and 3 more goals it will put Lee Johnson out of his misery. 

There may be others who argue that while they would never wish a defeat upon their club, whatever the consequences, just this once it is for the greater good. Many would even have sympathy with that view whilst not necessarily agreeing or advocating it. And therein lies the paradox.

Or one could express it rather more elongatingly; Paradoxical as it may sound, the truth seems to be that primary judgment, beginning as it does with the simplest feeling and sensation, is not a combination of two mental elements into one, but is a division of one sensible thing into the thing itself and its existence and the belief that it is determined as existing.

In short, I blame nobody at all for having this view. In fact I fully understand it. Born from the frustration, even the downright anger, that lies in the belly from spending hundreds and even thousands only to be confronted with an owner saying fans should not boo.

All of that said I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we do not win today and will leave it at that.. oh and to post the previous Burton thread here which is a celebration of what the town has literally given to the world. 

UTC

Condensed Version

Burton Albion:

Hope the day ends well and take a couple of Elongated Paradoxicals to get the simplest feeling & sensation.

Flabbers will be gasted if we don't win.

City 1-0

Edited by BigTone

Pre Match Drinks in Coopers has always been a great part of home games but it is fast becoming the only highlight!

Let's face it, nothing is going to change in the dugout so let's make some noice, get a scrappy win today & try to stay up 

In our dreams a Taylor hat trick would be good, as long as we don't concede 4.....

COYR

• Like 3

A thoroughly toxic atmosphere and fellow fans fighting would be embarrassing and shameful, something that couldn't be overlooked.

As such I volunteer to take a damned good kicking.

Please form a disorderly queue in the lower Dolman just after Burton score. Who's in???

• Like 3