IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

First time in over 20 years I've given my season ticket to a mate and have found something else enjoyable to do. Never thought id say that but lost interest under Johnson.... Despite that I hope we smash burton 4 0 playing as well as we did at the start of the season giving us confidence, otherwise we are headed for l1.

Just said to a mate, the bit that worries me the most is even when we were 'good' earlier in the season, we scraped past Wigan and Blackburn at home, and Burton away. We absolutely robbed them away from home. 

Theyve got potential to beat us today, Kightly always scores against us and Woodrow was a good signing for them too. 

We NEED to start G'ON, Tomlin and Taylor today. If I see two holding midfielders in the side today, or one up front, or both, I'll feel sick. 

• Like 2

Always hope for a win myself .... been in this situation over many years with some managers teetering on the edge, but in a '6 pointer' like this I just feel we can't afford to not win ... there are other games we may lose soon that could drop us into the bottom 3, with potential changes then happening, but at least by beating Burton they may be kept closer to us for the final run in!

Saying all of that, I get why people think differently ... however, whilst opinions differ it all comes from the same place of loving the club!

COYR!

18 minutes ago, airdog said:

as one of your egg chasing cousins can I wish you all the best for your vital game today .

Its a must win weekend for both our clubs so lets hope we can both avoid the dreaded drop

Thank you very much, we need all the best wishes we can get. I've been lucky ( if that's the right word) enough to go and watch Bristol again this season, only missed one home league game and yes that was last weekend as I was in Newcastle. Delighted to be able to follow the match via text, we could both do with a few games like this, sounded really exciting and a vital win. Looking forward to the next game, I'll be there, but football will always be my first love. Until then I'll be watching them on tv tomorrow, best of luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

It's a rare nice sunny day (not seen many of those lately), crisp air, the type of day I would normally be happy and really look forward to going down to AG - a pre-match football morning all before the pre-match build up and going to watch your favourite team, it should be a exciting perfect morning - instead it feels like a chore, I don't know if we will win or lose (really hope we win as this is a huge 6 pointer and I don't want us in the relegation spots at the end of the day) but regardless I know I won't be seeing any real football today win or lose, and will find myself still thinking this evening mehhh what a crap season. 

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

Feel today is last chance saloon for LJ and the team.

While there are plenty of games left, a loss today will leave us with no momentum and I just can't see where we will be able to turn things around. Teams around us all seem to have found some form and importantly results,  and I can easily see them going past us or pulling away.

Im normally pretty positive and optimistic about the team, but since Christmas have found my optimism ebbing away, which Im really sad about. I still think this team is far better than it's current position, but  the disastrous run of losses before Christmas hammered their confidence. The first halves at both Derby and Newcastle showed their potential, but the second halves in those games showed the mental fragility that is now the biggest achilles heel.

Desperately hoping for a win today but fearing a draw at best.

COYR.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If Johnson gets it right then we'll win. So I'm expecting a loss. 

That's my thoughts, I think this game is down to the manages and can't see him out thinking cough.

nightmare scenario is what I'm worried about,  we lose to a bad decision which he uses as an excuse and still stays 

24 minutes ago, Cider red said:

First time in over 20 years I've given my season ticket to a mate and have found something else enjoyable to do. Never thought id say that but lost interest under Johnson.... Despite that I hope we smash burton 4 0 playing as well as we did at the start of the season giving us confidence, otherwise we are headed for l1.

So ' disinterested ' that you post on OTIB on matchday morning .

It's a bloody drug and SL is the dealer driving round in a big black Four Wheel Drive Mercedes with the windows darker than a Priest's socks.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's a rare nice sunny day (not seen many of those lately), crisp air, the type of day I would normally be happy and really look forward to going down to AG - a pre-match football morning all before the pre-match build up and going to watch your favourite team, it should be a exciting perfect morning - instead it feels like a chore, I don't know if we will win or lose (really hope we win as this is a huge 6 pointer and I don't want us in the relegation spots at the end of the day) but regardless I know I won't be seeing any real football today win or lose, and will find myself still thinking this evening mehhh what a crap season. 

Exactly. By the first week in March I thought we would be nice mid table safe now, thinking about playing out our remaining matches with thoughts towards the next season. I thought we would be thinking about what players will come and go, what areas need strengthening etc. Instead I'm pretty bloody miserable at the thought that we are fighting relegation with many players leaving us, not because we don't want them but that they will jump ship and stay in the Championship whilst we might have to totally rebuild again. Now that's depressing. 

So I guess I'm going to go and watch players like Cotterill whilst I can, yes I know he isn't ours but it will be a long time until we see talent like him again if we are relegated. 

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So ' disinterested ' that you post on OTIB on matchday morning .

It's a bloody drug and SL is the dealer driving round in a big black Four Wheel Drive Mercedes with the windows darker than a Priest's socks.

SL isn't in the driving seat. He's got others to do that. He's the "mastermind" funding and benefiting from the misery of others. The misery he's created.....

Anyway I'm hoping for a nice win. Just so it keeps a flicker of interest alive until Easter :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he'll be gone if we lose. Otherwise we are surely down. 

You think so wouldn't you, I think Wigan and Rotherham are doomed but Blackburn seem stronger under Mowbray so winning today is as much about drawing burton back in in as well us us and three points, we lose were cut adrift

• Like 1

Morning Hav and all.

My neffypoo is a flagbearer today so as much as we are all pissy with LJ, can we all give the kids (including the mascots) a big cheer as they step onto the turf at AG please? And my brother will be in the SS and he is one of those that sits in silence, so if you see him (some of you know who he is), give him a nudge from his big sister and tell him to sing.

I don't know what to feel today. I don't know what to bet either. Part of me thinks a win for City, part of me thinks a loss. I have no idea.

So I'll say a draw. 1-1.

Dreading 5pm... 

Edit: All those who aren't going (protesting at LJ, exiles, work etc) are welcome in Chatbox. Click Menu>Browse>Chatbox. We can't see you if you lurk so please type hello. And no one is allowed to leave spoilers until @REDOXO has heard it via player! :thumbsup:

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 2

It seems like I am just going through the motions recently on match days. Even the pre match ritual of KFC seems tainted or is it just the chicken?

I will of course be giving it my all as is expected and only wish that the players do likewise. I fully expect a very toxic atmosphere if we underperform which is very sad as we all love the club and hate seeing the decline and the prospect of another season season in the championship slowly ebb away.

It seems like we are slowly dieing by a thousand cuts with the odd scrap thrown at us to keep us from starvation.

Nothing other than a decent convincing win will be acceptable today so COYR and lets finally turn this around. :sign09:

• Like 1