IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

36 minutes ago, Calluum11 said:

I really hope we see Taylor and Tomlin from the start today. The worst thing we can do it select another team with no attacking purpose and sit back allowing them to dictate the play. 

No,no Tomlin...been in the main a shadow of the player he can be.would start with two up top-if we have two available!...just go for it.

Can't see anything other than a convincing 90min performance, some structure/formation, discipline etc being enough to pacify those going today.

Undoubtedly the team has quality but seem unable (unwilling even..?) to put this together for 2 halves.

If we go behind, i dread to think what the atmosphere will be like - and then it becomes about determination, resolve, character, desire....throw into the mix the team's current mental fragility under pressure and it could, could be, a tinderbox.

That said, we have to use the seriousness of the current situation to best advantage, time for round pegs & round holes, a formation to take the game to Burton, not merely contain them, and go out there with a commitment to get the job done. Play with a freedom, a passion....something that says 'we're here to play football and here to win'...

A win, 2-0, 3-1, is a must i feel today. Along with a performance. 2 up front please, no messing around. 3 at the back, 5 across the middle, play with intent & width. Start the game at pace, leave everything on the pitch at the end.

No excuses.

COYR! :city:

34 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Tomlin at home , need attacking intent.   Has been poor ,  but if he's fallen out with the clueless one , does Tomlin want to help save lees job ? 

Good question but I wouldn't want to believe he would deliberately try to lose.

If we play two holding midfielders and one up front again today I think I will be fuming before we've even kicked off.

I would like to see Mags back. We have no decent FBs so lets go 3-4-3. JB and DC wide midfield/wing back. Tomlin, Taylor and Djuric up front (or Wilbs if Djuric isn't fit). Not 1 up with two dropping back - three attackers Lee!!

We have to go for it from the start to get the crowd onside. No point playing it any other way as we can't defend so just set up to out score them. They are poor away so surely we could manage that if we went for it???

Once again our chances in this match come down to who LJ starts. We need The Snake starting up top imo and I'd like to see more from our left side in terms of real intent to supply our forwards with the quality they need. It's great we have Cotterill on the right but the issue is that if we persist with going down that side as our main outlet, teams will suss us out like they did when Albert Adomah was our main out ball on the attack. 

I think LJ will play the line up too safe and we will draw 1-1 or lose 1-2.

6 minutes ago, generation1 said:

just wanted to wish everyone that is part of the club the best for today.

when I say everyone I mean just that, Fans , Players and even L.J. a when today to send use away happier and set us up for Tuesday 

Are you one of the newbies that BS have put on here to try and improve the tone by any chance?

57 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Can't see anything other than a convincing 90min performance, some structure/formation, discipline etc being enough to pacify those going today.

Undoubtedly the team has quality but seem unable (unwilling even..?) to put this together for 2 halves.

If we go behind, i dread to think what the atmosphere will be like - and then it becomes about determination, resolve, character, desire....throw into the mix the team's current mental fragility under pressure and it could, could be, a tinderbox.

That said, we have to use the seriousness of the current situation to best advantage, time for round pegs & round holes, a formation to take the game to Burton, not merely contain them, and go out there with a commitment to get the job done. Play with a freedom, a passion....something that says 'we're here to play football and here to win'...

A win, 2-0, 3-1, is a must i feel today. Along with a performance. 2 up front please, no messing around. 3 at the back, 5 across the middle, play with intent & width. Start the game at pace, leave everything on the pitch at the end.

No excuses.

COYR! :city:

Absolutely MUST start with 2 up front and no excuses, win is a must or Loser Johnson has to go - "We want Johnson OUT, we want Johnson OUT" - but save that for FT. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning Hav and all.

My neffypoo is a flagbearer today so as much as we are all pissy with LJ, can we all give the kids (including the mascots) a big cheer as they step onto the turf at AG please? And my brother will be in the SS and he is one of those that sits in silence, so if you see him (some of you know who he is), give him a nudge from his big sister and tell him to sing.

I don't know what to feel today. I don't know what to bet either. Part of me thinks a win for City, part of me thinks a loss. I have no idea.

So I'll say a draw. 1-1.

Dreading 5pm... 

Edit: All those who aren't going (protesting at LJ, exiles, work etc) are welcome in Chatbox. Click Menu>Browse>Chatbox. We can't see you if you lurk so please type hello. And no one is allowed to leave spoilers until @REDOXO has heard it via player! :thumbsup:

Which chatbox is it? 

Playing a charity football game today so can't make it.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Come on City. Let's have a blistering start and an early goal and get the place rocking from the off. 

Well we can dream....

Would like to see Taylor start in a 2 striker setup but not optimistic. 

Let's have an early goal, followed by another within 25 minutes. LJ tells his side to defend that lead and we draw or lose 3-2 with Burton scoring between the minutes of 57 and 88

If we run to form, I predict taking a 2-0 lead, followed by 40 minutes of backing off, and defending so deep, that by the end of the game we have all 10 men actually in the car park behind the stands. 

OK men from Burton....shoot at will ....the blighters are on the run.......again ! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wellspokenman said:

If we run to form, I predict taking a 2-0 lead, followed by 40 minutes of backing off, and defending so deep, that by the end of the game we have all 10 men actually in the car park behind the stands. 

OK men from Burton....shoot at will ....the blighters are on the run.......again ! 

Just a thought......

Maybe LJ should just tell the team not to change ends at half time ??

hmmmmmmm.........

35 minutes ago, SotonRed said:

No place for negativity today. This is a huge game. We need to do all we can, as fans, inside the 90 minutes to support the boys. Put aside your Johnson in/out agendas and get behind them. 

COYR 

What is the difference between reality and negativity? I think being realistic means you go by the reality of the situation. Some on the forum are glass half full people and some are glass half empty. Unfortunately with City recently I don't think I even have a glass!