IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

I am impressed by how people know which of our backroom staff is a good coach or not, must be the same ones who know what the mood in the dressing room is like better than the players.

When can I go on these club coaching courses where I can compare their relative merits? Are they free? 

15 minutes ago, ontariored said:

If , by all accounts then the club management is really shite keeping fans in the dark. Mushroom school of management. And , it is a dictatorship. 

Or alternatively, the club is doing what any business would do and deciding when to make an announcement, and Pemberton should not have let something slip via twitter.  I don't think you can see anything between a dictatorship, on one hand, and a workers' collective on the other.

28 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' ways were parted yesterday morning.... announcement being held back until after the game today as they don't want to detract from the game tonight... 

In your opinion jumped or pushed?

In your opinion replacement coming?

In your opinion a decision the players will be happy with?

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Or alternatively, the club is doing what any business would do and deciding when to make an announcement, and Pemberton should not have let something slip via twitter.  I don't think you can see anything between a dictatorship, on one hand, and a workers' collective on the other.

But when you lose control, surely the response is to try to take ownership of the situation.

Instead there's radio silence. He remains in position on the club website (which incidentally has never been updated to include Dean Holden).

Farewell Pembo. Thanks for the memories.

@AdamB as Head of Comms, I'm sorry but you really ought to be looking at rectifying this. You work in PR. At the moment, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Tough I know. 

You need to realise that this blanket silence is making things worse. It's been leaked and has been for hours. Rumours are snowballing and getting further and further outlandish. 

Tensions are running high and this continued ignorance also makes you look amateur. A simple short statement from the club would quell rumours and take some control back to the communication dept. 

Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

In your opinion jumped or pushed?

In your opinion replacement coming?

In your opinion a decision the players will be happy with?

Think that is pretty obvious.

33 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' ways were parted yesterday morning.... announcement being held back until after the game today as they don't want to detract from the game tonight... 

Anything else you can share mate? Millen? Johnson going after the game as well?

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Fair enough. We don't know what happened in the background. Given the tenure of Pemberton and the apparent respect he has with the fan base from last year, there is an implication that not all is well amongst the coaching staff? On the other hand he may have left for opportunities elsewhere, all rather intriguing. But, things become escalated and glow in the dark negativity sets in when during turbulent times like these, one would think to keep the fans in the loop as soon as possible.

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@AdamB as Head of Comms, I'm sorry but you really ought to be looking at rectifying this. You work in PR. At the moment, you are caught between are rock and a hard place. Tough I know. 

You need to realise that this blanket silence is making things worse. It's been leaked and has been for hours. Rumours are snowballing and getting further and further outlandish. 

Tensions are running high and this continued ignorance also makes you look amateur. A simple short statement from the club would quell rumours and take some control back to the communication dept. 

Just a thought.

Probably that he- and the club in general- are not allowed to comment until such a time as they are, have been allowed. Could be any manner of reasons why, but it does smack of amateurism.

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@AdamB as Head of Comms, I'm sorry but you really ought to be looking at rectifying this. You work in PR. At the moment, you are caught between are rock and a hard place. Tough I know. 

Just a thought.

He's too busy liaising with fans.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This club is currently making the Trump administration look competent.  An absolute shambles from top to bottom.  I consider it my misfortune to have been born into this circus.

For anyone old enough to remember the period that contained the Ashton 8 debacle, this isn't even close to being a shambles. 

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I've heard (from a very unreliable source) LJ & Millen until the end of the season with Warburton waiting in the wings to take over in the summer should we stay up.

LJ has been offered a role still in the club most likely development team and Millen will be a coach as part of Warburtons plans.

After the Rangers fiasco, Mr Warburton should stick to making Giant Crumpets............

Not disgusted at the news like many but I am very surprised that he has somehow been given the boot before Holden.

Thank you for your work over your time here, Pembo. Great servant to the club.

Shocking PR from City, as usual.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Before my time.  But I don't think past events mean that this can't be a shambles as well!

They came within an ace of locking the gates on their way out, had to beg the players to tear up their contract. there was no money, the reserve teams were disbanded, the ground was nearly lost, we went from the 1st - 4th divisions in successive seasons, being in a situation where everyone would be happy if there was just a different Manager is just run of the mill at this or any other club. 

I have to say I am absolutely gutted at this news as I thought John Pemberton was one of the more likeable characters around the backroom staff. I'd like to thank him personally for everything he has done for OUR club being instrumental in the most successful spells at the club in my lifetime.

Let's not forget he was also the person along with Wade who were pivotal in turning our season around last year only for all of that good work and momentum to be destroyed by our new head coach.

What also stinks is why now? Why the **** now when we are absolutely craving some stability and JP has more football and coaching experience than Lee Johnson possesses in his little finger. Without creating wild speculation I can only think that he he maybe gave some pointers to our delusional head coach as to where he was going wrong and that pretty much assured his P45. Why keep him on as a coach after Dean Holden arrived if Johnson was intent on bringing his own faces, just make no sense whatsoever.

As for the club and the media department then they should all hang their heads in shame as once again US the fan base have been totally left in the dark if Pemberton went yesterday which I'm assured that he did then at least announce and give props to everything he has done for the club through the official sources.

US the fans are currently being treated with utter contempt, told when we should voice our dissatisfaction and then nothing from the official sources when something major has happened. Another big middle finger to the lifeblood of the club.

It really does feel like my club of nearly 40 years is suddenly changing for the worse and doesn't really care about the fans opinion any longer.

I'm the 1st to put my hand up if I've made a mistake if only our great dictator had the same integrity

JP Thanks for your hard work and some amazing memories, I'm sure you will be sorely missed by the players and us fans who owe you a great deal. It's just a shame that the delusional one didn't feel the same. Good luck personally and in your football journey I don't think you will be out of employment for long as should you wish I have every confidence you would make a great manager.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For anyone old enough to remember the period that contained the Ashton 8 debacle, this isn't even close to being a shambles. 

Understand, and I remember those times as well in my early 20's, akin to "watergate." However, times move on and there are better formal procedures now such as financial reporting, a more harmonious fanbase (believe it or not!) i.e. "bounce around the ground." Social media plays a big part also, in those days computers weren't in everyone's house or even office so we could not have had this forum either. Given these, communications and timing have to be spot on. Pemberton is very popular, he saved us last year plus we hear he is a good tactical technician to footie. With the backdrop of negativity right now, it is very amatuerish to not keep on the ball in the timing of communication that affects this club. Particularly on the field. All sorts of assumptions creep in with mushroom management, e.g. Tomlin fall out, players going to chairman discussions on this forum from several weeks ago. 

Archived