IGNORED

Brownhill

BITW

7 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

LJ said in an interview earlier in the season that Josh is a player you want in your side if you are in trouble because he knows Josh will work his butt off and battle until the very end. LJ obviously doesn't think we are in trouble yet then. 

Of course we're not ....don't you know ...it's fine lines....so important to score first ...and no one is hurting more than him....(other cliches are available) ...Josh will reappear from the back of the shop at some point in the future don't worry ...:yawn:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, I was informed some time ago by somebody (who used to be) close to the club that he was told precisely that by LJ, moreover that his father, GJ, thought the same!

Now, this is an interesting point, and comes from a good friend from within the club during the GJ era.

His view was that GJ was stubborn and listened to no one but himself. If anyone criticised him or his selection, they were gone. He also had LJ as first name on the team sheet, no matter how he played (and let's be honest, it wasnt that welI) and I think we all agree that without "Daddy", little Man Johnson who have played significantly less football. 

It does seem that the well known idiom of "like Father like Son" never had a truer portrayal.

41 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

Now, this is an interesting point, and comes from a good friend from within the club during the GJ era.

His view was that GJ was stubborn and listened to no one but himself. If anyone criticised him or his selection, they were gone. He also had LJ as first name on the team sheet, no matter how he played (and let's be honest, it wasnt that welI) and I think we all agree that without "Daddy", little Man Johnson who have played significantly less football. 

It does seem that the well known idiom of "like Father like Son" never had a truer portrayal.

In case my post was less than clear, I meant to say that LJ told JB that he thought he was crap, and also told JB that his father, GJ, thought likewise, i.e. he, GJ, also thought that JB was crap.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

O'Dowda's exceptional performance at Newcastle and best of the forward players at Villa followed by best player last night, showed up his exclusion on Saturday for the farcical level of tinkering that it was (whether or not it was to allow the change of formation, none of it was necessary).

As others have said, Brownhill went with the cull of players who were accused of "lacking energy" after Fulham, which is ironic as in the prior 2-3 games he was one of the better precisely because of his energy.

But when you are totally out of your depth as manager and respond to every major failure with a very public cull, and keep your job this long, it is only inevitable that those "culls" come back around so often you end up cycling the same players back in and out of the team.  

I mean we were practically back last night as a starting 11 with the bulk of the players he said before Christmas he had "learned a lot about" the weaknesses of and would be replacing in the January transfer window. How's that working out?

It would be comical if it wasn't so utterly depressing.

Absolutely.

It is virtually impossible to decide what he genuinely thinks about the majority of our squad (with a few obvious exceptions, for instance he appears to have never rated Golbourne) specifically because he constantly plays the "hokey kokey" with his selection, especially in midfield.

Reid, Pack, Brownhill, Hegeler and even O'Neil (who seems to miss a lot of games with more than his fair share of mysterious "injuries") all seem to come and go from the side and even from the bench without any apparent logic or pattern.

Even more than that we are also treated to utterly bizarre ideas like Korey Smith (0 league goals for us in over 90 games) picked to start as the main support to a lone 37 year old striker (starting his 4th game in two weeks) last night but who then finishes the game as our right back..

I sincerely believe that when we finally do see the end of this complete nonsense LJ will never manage at football league level again.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

In case my post was less than clear, I meant to say that LJ told JB that he thought he was crap, and also told JB that his father, GJ, thought likewise, i.e. he, GJ, also thought that JB was crap.

Really? JFC. What kind of ******* **** tells someone they are managing that their Dad thinks they are rubbish? Even if your Dad used to manage the club, it still makes you look like a complete and utter ******* dick.  (I usually anticipate the swearbot and filter out my swearing but am so ******* outraged I have actually just ******* sworn there. And ******* there and there. ) 

It's nothing new. When he was nowhere near our matchday squad you'd see him liking tweets saying he should be playing, same with his dad, etc etc. His dad even slagged off Grayson's tactics once on Twitter only to then delete the tweet.

I saw on JB's instragram before a pic of him playing, then a family member commenting "nice to see you on the pitch" in a sarcastic manner with the tears of laughter emoji.

I understand your frustrations about rotation all the time etc. and to some extent I agree, but stuff like this bugged me a bit when Brownhill was at PNE. Young players will come in and out of the side at the end of the day, they need to be managed. You don't see all the other youngsters and their families complaining all the time on social media when they spend a few games on the sidelines.

I'm sure JB will be back in the team soon with a point to prove.

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 14:05, BITW said:

Not sure if this has been covered by anyone else but does anyone have any idea why he's not been in the squad the last few games? Seemingly not injured and has looked pretty decent more often than not when he's played.

I'm not usually one for reading too much into twitter and instagram but I noticed he's 'liked' several posts questioning his non selection including one that refers to Johnson as a clown. Perhaps all is not well or he's just another victim of LJ's bizarre squad selection policy. 

He was blamed solely for the Fulham game.  You can guess who by!

On 08/03/2017 at 14:24, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Maybe the new showers have a Dallas Bobby Ewingesque portal, where players go in and emerge 3 matches later still alive and invigorated having been brain washed by the great dictator and his polit bureau and Stasse.

ooh it's a bit Stepford Wives… minus Nanette Newman and Katherine Ross

I was thinking the same, was doing OK then nothing....this is the way we do things down at the Gate, players are not given any time to form a team ethic, just chopped around for mo reason other that to fulfill our head coached whims. Same as O'Dowda, and many others, they all have qualities but I am afraid Lee doesn't know how to bring it out, which for a Head Coach would be a sort of what a Head Coach should be able to do.

What  a farce.  

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He posted this sarky comment on his Instagram picture in reply to Taylor Moore as shown in screenshot. He's clearly a bit miffed about the situation. He's also favourited a few things about his lack of selection on twitter.

IMG_9056.PNG

By the looks of it brownhill123 is joshes family rather than josh himself

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He posted this sarky comment on his Instagram picture in reply to Taylor Moore as shown in screenshot. He's clearly a bit miffed about the situation. He's also favourited a few things about his lack of selection on twitter.

when was this posted PF (Date) do you know ?

Be interesting to see if this post 'cost him'

Edit

Loking at it PF  -  brownhill123 is his brother Joel who plays for Ashton Athletic

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

when was this posted PF (Date) do you know ?

Be interesting to see if this post 'cost him'

Last night - it is really minor and maybe it genuinely was just a congratulations type remark to Moore.. I think there's more to it than that though. Shame because I really rate Brownhill.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Last night - it is really minor and maybe it genuinely was just a congratulations type remark to Moore.. I think there's more to it than that though. Shame because I really rate Brownhill.

Sorry edited my op PF - brownhill123  is his brother

Am I getting confused ? 

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Why are you chatting shit? It's obviously not him, just click on his account. 

Rude - but yes you're right, didn't click on the profile. In that case it's actually a bit more interesting as clearly the family are fed up about it. Hope he doesn't want to leave in the summer..

3 hours ago, dihajh said:

By the looks of it brownhill123 is joshes family rather than josh himself

It's his brother Joel. As I said, you see a lot of this when Josh doesn't play. He'll be running his deal down soon enough like he did with us haha.

15 hours ago, Olé said:

Nominate @pnefcok as best away fan on here. Any news of the Charnock Hotel under new owners? Still good for April?

Not based in the area right now so not had chance to pop in recently. Will probably be back in a week or so for the Blackburn away game so possibly might pop in then. If I get the chance I'll message you about how it was.

As for other pubs for the April game, the Moorbrook near Moor Park is a good bet. Good real ales on and now they are doing pizzas as well. Craft bottled stuff in the fridge too. Gets a bit busy on matchdays but they open another bar I think to help with it all.

Archived