IGNORED

O'Dowda

BCFCGav

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Couldn't get to the match but from what I've heard he sounded bright last night? Was he left side or at number 10? 

Would be nice to have two quality wide players in him and Cotts, starters Vs. Wigan for me.

I thought he showed great promise - mainly on the left but wandering into the centre from time to time.  Hit the bar and had a couple more good shots.  Quick!

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I thought he looked good. Like to see him have a run of games now. Expect him to be dropped for Saturday 

He won't be dropped...............he's playing the lone striker role.

7 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Rate him highly as he wants to get past his man and has the pace to do so.

Has pace to get past his man? Funny how we all see things differently. Everyone around me was moaning about him not taking on and beating his marker. No better than Wes Burns. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

He needs to play consistently on the left. 3.5.2. 

Giefer

Wright Flint Mags

Cotts Hegeler Smith O'Dowda

Tomlin

Djuric Tammy

I'm not so sure about him as a wing back. Way too attack minded from what I have seen. This is not a criticism of CO - he was great last night in the 2nd half, just don't see him as LWB.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

He needs to play consistently on the left. 3.5.2. 

Giefer

Wright Flint Mags

Cotts Hegeler Smith O'Dowda

Tomlin

Djuric Tammy

Thats about our best line up for me. If we went down with that team, we would deserve everything we get.

20 minutes ago, swanker said:

Has pace to get past his man? Funny how we all see things differently. Everyone around me was moaning about him not taking on and beating his marker. No better than Wes Burns. 

He does have the ability to beat his man. Did it at villa away and was the one player who looked like creating anything. 

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

I thought he showed great promise - mainly on the left but wandering into the centre from time to time.  Hit the bar and had a couple more good shots.  Quick!

I was really excited by his signing and he's always looked very promising when I've seen him this season. I think he needs some support and guidance to develop this potential but, with the right coaching and management*, I think he could be a hell of a player. 

*I'm not going to make any further comment here.

43 minutes ago, Super said:

Hopefully we can hold onto him if we get relegated.

He's the one youngster I think we won't be able to keep if we go down. He should've been playing if fit all season for me. End product needs work but playing him would've helped that and not as if we have had much end product out of anyone else this season in the midfield. He was amazing last night and some around me were giving him some stick for not being further up the pitch when we won the ball back but think that was instruction to protect Joe Bryan some. He done the same at Newcastle. I've thought he's one of our better players for a long time now. His work rate, athleticism and ability to beat a man or draw fouls is unlike anything we have. If we have a future premier league player amongst us, it's Callum. 

8 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

He does have the ability to beat his man. Did it at villa away and was the one player who looked like creating anything. 

Can't see it myself and he hasn't had me sat on the edge of my seat at all this season. 

Can you remember Dave Smith? He beat his marker more in one game than C. O has all season. 

57 minutes ago, swanker said:

Also maybe that's due to our current predicament. He probably has lost a bit of confidence and is not sure about what to do (younger player an all) 

10 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

he needs a goal to get off the mark and either to play as an out and out left winger or drop him to left back because joe was poor last night

he's one for now not for engvall style future

O'Dowda at left back? Is that you Lee?!

3 hours ago, swanker said:

For all this pace ive yet to see him take anyone on and beat a man!

very lightweight and perhaps a good prospect but, apart from probably finishing the game minus 2 goals he shouldve scored, i didnt see a MOM performance all bar a bright performance with some nice movement. 

20 hours ago, where's the joy said:

he needs a goal to get off the mark and either to play as an out and out left winger or drop him to left back because joe was poor last night

he's one for now not for engvall style future

The way things are at the moment I don't know if this is a joke or not.

Archived