IGNORED

Whose fault is this mess? Yes, it IS the FANS

Gert Mare

The answer seemed so ludicrous when first mentioned by SL that the fans could be the cause of all of the clubs problems.....Well, he was right and below is the reasoning:-

It's NOT SL's fault as he employed MA to oversee footballing matters from a business perspective.

It's NOT MA's fault because the job was given to LJ as part of a thorough process where they all drew up lists and LJ was near the top of all of them.

It's NOT LJ's fault because he is only the manager and he doesn't actually play so therefore has no influence over how the team performs.

It's NOT the players fault as they are still giving their all for the manager and they can only perform as well as the manager sets them up.

It's NOT JP's fault as LJ didn't want to work with him NEXT season.

Therefore by powers of deduction it is the fans fault because they continue to turn up and happy clap their way through the games with their blind faith. Behaving themselves impeccably and cheering with gusto is having zero affect on results and thus they give the impression that everything is rosy and everyone is happy and if we go down well so be it, CTID and all that! If everyone continues to turn up then LJ's tenure can carry on regardless into next season. 

So it was the fans fault after all. Hope this has cleared everything up?

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The answer seemed so ludicrous when first mentioned by SL that the fans could be the cause of all of the clubs problems.....Well, he was right and below is the reasoning:-

It's NOT SL's fault as he employed MA to oversee footballing matters from a business perspective.

It's NOT MA's fault because the job was given to LJ as part of a thorough process where they all drew up lists and LJ was near the top of all of them.

It's NOT LJ's fault because he is only the manager and he doesn't actually play so therefore has no influence over how the team performs.

It's NOT the players fault as they are still giving their all for the manager and they can only perform as well as the manager sets them up.

Therefore by powers of deduction it is the fans fault because they continue to turn up and happy clap their way through the games with their blind faith. Behaving themselves impeccably and cheering with gusto is having zero affect on results and thus they give the impression that everything is rosy and everyone is happy and if we go down well so be it, CTID and all that! If everyone continues to turn up then LJ's tenure can carry on regardless into next season. 

I always though it was something to do with us. This is the people who moan all the time, maybe if we stop moaning we'll win some games

1 minute ago, BCFChayden said:

I always though it was something to do with us. This is the people who moan all the time, maybe if we stop moaning we'll win some games

Exactly! It is so obviously our fault. I really don't know why some of us took offence when we were told when and where to voice our frustrations. It's detrimental to the teams quest to tumble out of the Championship if we boo!

Exactly! It is so obviously our fault. I really don't know why some of us took offence when we were told when and where to voice our frustrations. It's detrimental to the teams quest to tumble out of the Championship if we boo!

In all honestly though as hard as it is, if we were optimistic for 90 minutes maybe it could make a difference. After all it ain't getting no worse so

In all honestly though as hard as it is, if we were optimistic for 90 minutes maybe it could make a difference. After all it ain't getting no worse so

Tried that for the majority of the season and it hasn't worked thus far!

There may be something in this!

Any player looking through the threads on this forum will be totally demoralised and may even feel uncomfortable playing at Ashton Gate, which should be a fortress.  When some of the fans seem more consumed with disliking SL, LJ and MA than by their passion for the team - what can possibly go wrong.  I would respectfully suggest that the team in charge are trying to achieve the results that we all want, and that we could all play our part by simply supporting them.

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I know what you are doing here and you are probably right. If things would of got nasty in January / early February and people had demonstrated/boycotted properly then just maybe we could of got LJ replaced with someone who knew what they were doing who could of steered us to safety. But alas too many were happy to swallow all of the $hyt£ coming from the AG spin machine and now its too late. Very sad state of affairs.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic when you said "It's NOT MA's fault because the job was given to LJ as part of a thorough process where they all drew up lists and LJ was near the top of all of them.". You were surely.

Tried that for the majority of the season and it hasn't worked thus far!

Maybe we could all start shouting formations and tactics out during the 90 minutes be bit more help then Johnson either sat with head in hands or stood up with hands in pockets looking disinterested 

We 'the supporters' have given the team the manager et al more backing than they would get anywhere else in the country. In fact I can't think of a single club where the fans would get behind the team home and away and be so passive about showing decent against the team, manager and board, SL included under such ludicrous circumstances. 

Not sure how many are going tomorrow but they will be singing for the team. It's up to the manager, staff and team to deliver. Yes there will be a huge amount of optimism tomorrow at 2:55 lets see where it goes. 

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again!

As they say everyone plays a play the part. We're the 12th man and we all rather sit there. Tuesday city had a decent chance the crowd came alive after that and the place felt somewhere you didn't want to play, Norwich didn't want it then! 

These certainly are trying times;) 

No doubt about that - it is certainly a time to close ranks and fight for our future!  The team, management and fans in perfect harmony, would stand a good chance of working, in my humble opinion!

6 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Maybe we could all start shouting formations and tactics out during the 90 minutes be bit more help then Johnson either sat with head in hands or stood up with hands in pockets looking disinterested 

Maybe he could phone his Dad for advice............

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

No doubt about that - it is certainly a time to close ranks and fight for our future!  The team, management and fans in perfect harmony, would stand a good chance of working, in my humble opinion!

It is happening but we are running out of games. Very little discontent during the games, drowned out by "Blackbird" after the games.

It is happening but we are running out of games. Very little discontent during the games, drowned out by "Blackbird" after the games.

We must never forget that the team are pretty young and must be under huge pressure - every ounce of support will be needed to get us out of this situation.

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We must never forget that the team are pretty young and must be under huge pressure - every ounce of support will be needed to get us out of this situation.

Barnsley's "group" are younger, that excuse will not do, I'm afraid. There are, in this division, 6 clubs with younger "groups" than our "group," according to a stat put up on here by someone a few weeks ago.

You have been sucked in by the head coach's oft repeated "young group" comment.

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Barnsley's "group" are younger, that excuse will not do, I'm afraid. There are, in this division, 6 clubs with younger "groups" than our "group," according to a stat put up on here by someone a few weeks ago.

You have been sucked in by the head coach's oft repeated "young group" comment.

If you consider that Gary O'Neil and Alby have not played a great deal this season, and Tomlin has spent a great deal of time on the bench - we often field very young sides.  The back up squad is also pretty young and inexperienced.  This has been improved in the last transfer window, but it is not unusual for overseas players to take time to get to the pace of the Championship.  I think our squad is very promising - we just need to hold our nerve and cheer them to the rafters so that they overachieve - rather than feeling bowed by the pressure.

7 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I'm not going to name names but it's whoever decided that wholesale changes were the right thing for the Hull cup tie. After that the wheels fell off. That's what you get for fixing something that wasn't broken. 

That was the moment I realised that there was something seriously wrong tactically. The players who were rested ended up coming on and busting a gut and if there had been an extra 5-10 minutes they appeared likely to go on and do some damage. In the end we lost the game and the players were out on their feet come the next game. Surely it would have made more sense to start with those players and then bring them off when we were in front? This pattern has continued and we are constantly chasing games for a draw.

For me you should always start with your best side. Substitutes are to tweak things if it isn't working, but starting with 1 up front at home is never going to work and just makes the selection look laughable from the off.  We all just wait to see if the cavalry are sent on at half time or the usual 60 minutes.

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

That was the moment I realised that there was something seriously wrong tactically. The players who were rested ended up coming on and busting a gut and if there had been an extra 5-10 minutes they appeared likely to go on and do some damage. In the end we lost the game and the players were out on their feet come the next game. Surely it would have made more sense to start with those players and then bring them off when we were in front? This pattern has continued and we are constantly chasing games for a draw.

51 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

There may be something in this!

Any player looking through the threads on this forum will be totally demoralised and may even feel uncomfortable playing at Ashton Gate, which should be a fortress.  When some of the fans seem more consumed with disliking SL, LJ and MA than by their passion for the team - what can possibly go wrong.  I would respectfully suggest that the team in charge are trying to achieve the results that we all want, and that we could all play our part by simply supporting them.

Coudnt agree more!!Just get behind the bloody team!!It Support the team you love through thick and thin!!!!

38 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If you consider that Gary O'Neil and Alby have not played a great deal this season, and Tomlin has spent a great deal of time on the bench - we often field very young sides.  The back up squad is also pretty young and inexperienced.  This has been improved in the last transfer window, but it is not unusual for overseas players to take time to get to the pace of the Championship.  I think our squad is very promising - we just need to hold our nerve and cheer them to the rafters so that they overachieve - rather than feeling bowed by the pressure.

Let me introduce you to

Lees Excuse Formulator........

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let me introduce you to

Lees Excuse Formulator........

I happen to think that SL and others in the club have high regard for Lee.  They have seen many managers come and go, and have been able to see their qualities under fire.  If they are happy with him, then I will back their judgement - if they decide that he has to go I will support them.  The king is dead, long live the king - sums it up.  I do not really care who manages the club as long as everything works out.  Clearly mistakes have been made and there is a need for lessons to be learned - but this was always going to be the case with such a young manager.  I believe that he is basically good and I will make allowances for his inexperience.  I hated our style of play when Pulis was manager - and he is highly rated in the Premier League.  I hope Lee can pull our bits out of the fire!

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

I happen to think that SL and others in the club have high regard for Lee.  They have seen many managers come and go, and have been able to see their qualities under fire.  If they are happy with him, then I will back their judgement - if they decide that he has to go I will support them.  The king is dead, long live the king - sums it up.  I do not really care who manages the club as long as everything works out.  Clearly mistakes have been made and there is a need for lessons to be learned - but this was always going to be the case with such a young manager.  I believe that he is basically good and I will make allowances for his inexperience.  I hated our style of play when Pulis was manager - and he is highly rated in the Premier League.  I hope Lee can pull our bits out of the fire!

Just out of interest what exactly have you seen in his management that makes you think he is a good manager?

3 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

Now there's a man with a plan.....

Instead of waving "Johnson out" banners we hold up sheets with formations on them, and tactical suggestions.

Archived