IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

I can actually see us winning this, maybe after coming from behind, and then going on to pick up a few more points over the next few games.

Laws of averages say we have to win sometime soon. Don't we!!??

Like to think so but if we can't win today we might as well submit our application for relegation

• Like 1
6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

I feel likewise. I actually don't give a shit if we go down, anymore.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

I feel very much the same...decided back in the week not to drive up to Wigan and back. My son is visiting this afternoon and we'll have doubtless have an ear to the score, but the energy that saw me travel all over the country before Christmas has drained away with the apathetic performances of the side. I wasn't there on Tuesday...if there really was a revival in the second half let's hope that energises everyone today. Fair play to those making a long and deeply unglamorous journey today. 

• Like 2

This is the first time this season I've not gone or going to listen to on RB. I'm not going to say I don't care anymore as I do but just can't bring myself to watch or listen to it. Fair play to all those going and fingers crossed we'll get the result

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I feel likewise. I actually don't give a shit if we go down, anymore.

I've still got some feeling towards it all. Going down would break my heart. Many times Michelle Keegan has in my dreams. But this is the real world. The disturbing and sickening thought in my mind is having Johnson still in charge next season. Which seems unambiguously concrete, that there my friend is pure torment for any city fan.

Something is not right at this club, it stinks. It's had that ambience for well over 10 years now. My first finger of blame was actually towards Louis Carey, I honestly believed he was having some big say in the dressing room to disturb the atmosphere within. He retired, we went on to get promoted with a very tight group of players, each with great character, and all in sync together.

However, evidently it is not him (Apologies Louis). I honestly believe now SL tries to interfere within team matters, hence why both SC's were out the door. Coppell could see the BS, Cotterill wouldn't be a yes man with Lansdown. And now, Johnson is the perfect yes man. Yes Steve, sure thing Steve, how many sugars Steve?

The rot really is at the heart of the club. (The man who pumps the money)

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I've still got some feeling towards it all. Going down would break my heart. Many times Michelle Keegan has in my dreams. But this is the real world. The disturbing and sickening thought in my mind is having Johnson still in charge next season. Which seems unambiguously concrete, that there my friend is pure torment for any city fan.

Something is not right at this club, it stinks. It's had that ambience for well over 10 years now. My first finger of blame was actually towards Louis Carey, I honestly believed he was having some big say in the dressing room to disturb the atmosphere within. He retired, we went on to get promoted with a very tight group of players, each with great character, and all in sync together.

However, evidently it is not him (Apologies Louis). I honestly believe now SL tries to interfere within team matters, hence why both SC's were out the door. Coppell could see the BS, Cotterill wouldn't be a yes man with Lansdown. And now, Johnson is the perfect yes man. Yes Steve, sure thing Steve, how many sugars Steve?

Love you......xxxxx

Love you tooooooo xxxxxx

IMG_0185.JPG

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if we survived. But a lot of my City vibe has died....maybe it is age and our sterile new stadium (oh, and our head "coach").

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

You'll more than likely be right but I have a horrible feeling that LJ will change his tactics yet again and go gung ho attack from the start as he is desperate for a win. Wigan then pick us off on the break and give us a real pasting.

I can only hope that my negative outlook is totally wrong and we bring the points home instead.

Wouldn't be surprised, play it cautious at home to Burton then go for it away and get slaughtered. Tactical ineptitude at it's best, the LJ way.

9 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Michelle Keegan breaking your heart, or going down?

Got a feeling we will nick this (said the same about Burton and Norwich mind :blink:) but think Tammy will be the difference. As others have said, LJ will be here til the end of the season at the very very least and most likely beyond even if we go down and as much as i detest him would much rather see us in this division than League 1. The club is, even if SL doesnt think so, bigger than any one man.

• Like 2