IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

13 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I've still got some feeling towards it all. Going down would break my heart. Many times Michelle Keegan has in my dreams. But this is the real world. The disturbing and sickening thought in my mind is having Johnson still in charge next season. Which seems unambiguously concrete, that there my friend is pure torment for any city fan.

Something is not right at this club, it stinks. It's had that ambience for well over 10 years now. My first finger of blame was actually towards Louis Carey, I honestly believed he was having some big say in the dressing room to disturb the atmosphere within. He retired, we went on to get promoted with a very tight group of players, each with great character, and all in sync together.

However, evidently it is not him (Apologies Louis). I honestly believe now SL tries to interfere within team matters, hence why both SC's were out the door. Coppell could see the BS, Cotterill wouldn't be a yes man with Lansdown. And now, Johnson is the perfect yes man. Yes Steve, sure thing Steve, how many sugars Steve?

The rot really is at the heart of the club. (The man who pumps the money)

I believe that you are right about Carey in the past.

I am also beginning to realise that the current situation isn't due to"dressing room" power but lies elsewhere. I'm still not sure where but there aren't too many options.

24 minutes ago, Clint said:

This is the first time this season I've not gone or going to listen to on RB. I'm not going to say I don't care anymore as I do but just can't bring myself to watch or listen to it. Fair play to all those going and fingers crossed we'll get the result

Same 

What has it come to? The situation at the club is so bad it's reduced @havanatopia to writing a short intro. It can't get any worse can it? Of course, as @Abraham Romanovich said, this "trade fair" may be a code known only to those ITK. Perhaps he has spent the last 24 hours in an orgy of delight surrounded by that which we mere mortals can't imagine. 

• Like 2
Just now, cidered abroad said:

I am also beginning to realise that the current situation isn't due to"dressing room" power but lies elsewhere. I'm still not sure where but there aren't too many options.

I simply think its the same as us supporters; the players glaise over when LJ or Holden talk. They only play when they really want to play and they alone will keep the club in the division. It will not be due any thanks to 'The Ineptitudes'.

• Like 3
Just now, pongo88 said:

What has it come to? The situation at the club is so bad it's reduced @havanatopia to writing a short intro. It can't get any worse can it? Of course, as @Abraham Romanovich said, this "trade fair" may be a code known only to those ITK. Perhaps he has spent the last 24 hours in an orgy of delight surrounded by that which we mere mortals can't imagine. 

Well I am definitely getting glaised over that much is true. Maybe some unknown beauty beasts are applying it. And I am none too sure what the heck I am talking about so therein lies the glorious mystery induced possibly by the cacophany of cloves in this city of trees.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Agree about Carey - It was under GJ that he was said to have been holding players meetings away from AG

As for the current predicament I think it's base cause is everything to do with dressing room harmony / lack of belief / faith in LJ

Caused and additionally impacted by Johnsons muddled selections, tactics and constant constant tinkering

And I still remain to be convinced by the overall recruitment , but reserving judgement as right now is not a good time to accurately assess individual players

• Like 1
7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

The Jarkatan equivalent of "the Bird" to the Board of Directors....

IMG_0187.JPG

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone, short and sweet from me today as i am attending a trade fair in Jakarta.

So, here we go again then. Wigan Athletic, the last club to be voted into the Football League in 1978 replacing Southport after a second round of voting. 

City today? Who knows? Frankly I am tired, i just feel very tired and unmotivated to write anything meaningful and for that I apologise.

A big salute to the supporters to stick by our club through thick and thin; I wish I was more stoic about the whole affair.

UTC, as always.

That's a long way to go to get an oversized cardboard bag full of marketing tat.

• Like 2

Wigan 2-2 city

We will do our usual away tradition and actually start the game like we need to and go 2 up. After half time all the strikers will be brought off and we will try and 'see the game out' (which won't happen as Johnson has absolutely no idea how to manage a game of football). Wigan will score after the hour and the inevaitable equaliser in the 88th minute. 

Relegation. 

2 hours ago, Taz said:

I can actually see us winning this, maybe after coming from behind, and then going on to pick up a few more points over the next few games.

Laws of averages say we have to win sometime soon. Don't we!!??

I've been desperately hoping the law of averages will kick in too. In fact it's been my main hope. My fear is that we are too crap to enable it to take effect - a bit like if I played 100 games of tennis against Roger Federer I wouldn't win any. Even though City and the teams near the bottom are more evenly matched than that we've not been playing well enough for a very long time.

• Like 1

Terrible set of fixtures for us today if we can do no better than a point; Burton host Forest (draw is rubbish if we can't get three points; either winning is a problem too), Blackburn head to Norwich (the former in decent form, the latter now managerless and apparently sporting a divided dressing room) and Wolves have a visit from Rotherham (so I would suggest a home banker there).

Another weekend where anything other than a win is unlikely to help us at all.  Just hope the players know that (not bothered about the coaching staff; they are just an unfortunate complication now).

COYR

Edited by samo II
3 hours ago, redapple said:

I couldn't give a toss. Well that's a lie. I don't expect anything but disappointment. I don't need disappointment in my life so I will go to the cinema. This whole Catch 22 scenario is doing my head in. Can I just wake up on Monday morning to find out City beat Wigan and LJ has been replaced by Fleetwood's manager ?

Lincolns Managers would be better, they may be non league, but look how they have inspired their players in their cup finals. because every game for them in the FA Cup was.  Of course it has affected their league results, but what an achievement for them, such a crying shame LJ can't do the same for our players, but in the League.   I want us to win today and win well so the lads get some confidence back, but unfortunately, just feel it will be another hard slog and if we win it will be by the odd goal, 1 - 0, 2 - 1 and the same if we lose.   Anyway as usual, I will be listening in hope,  but also nervously,  so COYR's dont let us down!

• Like 2