IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

11 hours ago, daored said:

There is nothing worse than an old fool. This old fool is now in Manchester awaiting a connection. It's the hope that kills us all!

happy happy birthday daored, see I told you, hope you enjoyed it. I thought of you when we scored I was in my local and raised a glass to you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LocoPal said:

I've heard that an attention grabbing hobbit had the audacity to join our hard-working, sweat-breaking, winning players at the end of the Wigan game whilst grinning & clapping the City fans in the away end? Any truth?

Because at home, he would normally cup his ears at full time, turn left and sprint down the (now, thankfully much closer) tunnel, incoherently mumbling, 'Daddy, daddy. They are booing me again!'

If he hadn't gone over he'd have got criticism from some quarters for 'snubbing the fans' or similar. 

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Another great win for you today. I'd make Simon Grayson Championship manager of the year for what he has done with limited resources.

I'm absolutely delighted about how our season has gone. If we hadn't lost 6 out of the first 8 games we'd probably be serious top 6 contenders. We just left some of our key business in summer a bit too late (Baptiste/McGeady on loan on deadline day) and it took SG slightly too long to find his best side. He's done a tremendous job though and I fear the vultures will be circling soon as we no longer appear to be going under the radar. Curbishley on channel 5 tonight said Norwich should go for him.

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I'm absolutely delighted about how our season has gone. If we hadn't lost 6 out of the first 8 games we'd probably be serious top 6 contenders. We just left some of our key business in summer a bit too late (Baptiste/McGeady on loan on deadline day) and it took SG slightly too long to find his best side. He's done a tremendous job though and I fear the vultures will be circling soon as we no longer appear to be going under the radar. Curbishley on channel 5 tonight said Norwich should go for him.

It seems like Grayson took a while to find his feet with you but huge credit to him and your team for showing us what can be achieved in this division.

Norwich always seem to go for managers with a previous link to the club. And when they make a permanent appointment they'll be looking for quick progress rather than the slow build. They're already a decent squad.

I wish we could have a season like this one for PNE.....or Norwich!

8 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Sky did say during their pre match build up that you really needed a win to carry on your push for the playoffs! I bet you never thought they`d be saying that with nine games to go did you? Keep it going (apart from being totally useless and just rolling over for the opposition on April 4th of course!) and you could well make it if someone else slips up - only six points off, that`s eminently doable.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sky did say during their pre match build up that you really needed a win to carry on your push for the playoffs! I bet you never thought they`d be saying that with nine games to go did you? Keep it going (apart from being totally useless and just rolling over for the opposition on April 4th of course!) and you could well make it if someone else slips up - only six points off, that`s eminently doable.

Just don't think we've got enough consistency to overtake those teams. Can see Fulham leapfrogging Reading and Wednesday but Wednesday will hold on the 6th because I think Rhodes, Forestieri etc. will probably just about drag them over the line.