IGNORED

The I'm sorry Lee Johnson thread

Inactive user

REALLY!!!? One good game and performance and suddenly he's the messiah!!??? 

I'm ecstatic with the win, and would think most are. It will be a long time before opinions on Junior will change though. First off, let's see if he sticks with the same 11 for the next game (barring injuries of course) shall we? 

People's main issues with him are that he says the same things over and over, still doesn't seem to know his best 11 or shape, and Joe Bryan IS STILL NOT A BLEEDIN LEFT BACK!!!

GREAT result, still the wrong man in charge though and should have gone at Christmas. I'll back the team no matter what, but doesn't mean I have to like the bloke in charge.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I've always rated Johnson , hungry,young coach who can go all the way .

:whistle2:

Seriously , the players stepped up to the mark tonight and the backbone of the side was the one who fought to get to the Championship in the first place and won't let it go without a fight.

It was a brilliant team performance .

:yahoo::clap:

O'Dowda - magic tonight. So were a few others. 

24 minutes ago, 054123 said:

City could win every game from here on out and I'd still expect him to apologise for the balls up he has made of this season.

Why? That would come close to evening the season out. If we genuinely finished the season on a 10 game winning streak, he'd have nothing to apologise for.

36 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

Too soon Rob.......if LJ had been any good we would still be in a play off spot now, not a relegation battle.

Some of us are badly scarred by the shite run Lee presided over.

and the teams around us get there chance tomorrow...........to put us back to where we were a few hrs ago.

Well played tonight though, far from out of the woods, just a step along the path.........it aint over yet.

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

REALLY!!!? One good game and performance and suddenly he's the messiah!!??? 

I'm ecstatic with the win, and would think most are. It will be a long time before opinions on Junior will change though. First off, let's see if he sticks with the same 11 for the next game (barring injuries of course) shall we? 

People's main issues with him are that he says the same things over and over, still doesn't seem to know his best 11 or shape, and Joe Bryan IS STILL NOT A BLEEDIN LEFT BACK!!!

GREAT result, still the wrong man in charge though and should have gone at Christmas. I'll back the team no matter what, but doesn't mean I have to like the bloke in charge.

You ramble on, but we've been doing alright recently.

The loss streak knocked us, indeed, but we are performing to mid table standard.

Not good enough?

Chipping away and picking up points.

All but 1 game are 'win-able' in our remaining fixtures so soak up the scenario and deal with it.... positively perhaps?!

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm man enough to say that he got everything absolutely spot on tonight, and I'm very pleased about that.

More of the same please Lee. 

Me too.

The whole lot of them restored a fair bit of pride tonight.

Johnson deserves credit tonight - let's hope with Wigan it's the start of the upturn.  Johnson still has a lot to prove after what we've been through, but this was a very good performance.

i thought we were professional tonight.  We broke up their fluidity with petty fouls at the start of the second half.  We had a couple of injuries around the hour....I think purposely to break up the play, whilst also giving Tomlin a breather.

1 This was a tremendous win with great goals and great team spirit. Well done 

2 But why the huge difference between tonight's game and the vast bulk of games this year? There has to be an answer and on that depends the rest of this season and next

3 Nothing tonight or after any match alters some of our opinions about the BS Project which we see as a serious long term threat to City. This never means we don't want City to thrive but question the basis of SL's Sports Project.

Is there any need for posts like this? Is there anything to be sorry to LJ for?

We didn't turn on him after 2 loses, we had had enough of months and months of not just poor results but poor performance.

Yes tonight was great and the first time in a long time I enjoyed a game of football, but there is a long way to go yet and regardless of what happens I don't think any city fan would owe LJ an apology for the shower of shit been served up this season!

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'll apologise if we're top of the Championship next Christmas

No need mate, worst run in history, 7 times as much spent EVER in one window, new stadium etc etc, everything a manager could dream of. Even if Johnson takes us to win the Champions League, the stick he's got is completely justified.

45 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Tbf?

You'll have to point me to the section of the league rules which indicates all the extra points we get for 'not losing by much'.

I'm not looking to be awkward as I'm over the moon we have won tonight, but let's not start with this nonsense.  

We have been shite this season and are now mired in an awful.relegation battle losing a club record number of games along the way.

Happy to get behind the boys as we always do Lee Johnson has earned every ounce of criticism this season.

As I say, we could win out and he should still apologise.

The benefit of not getting hammered is our goal difference is decent for a side in our position, come the end of the season that may be what keeps us in this division

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Anyone man enough to admit they were wrong and apologise?

Good win tonight but the fact is we should not be in a relegation fight with money spent and squad we have. Depends if you like being in a relegation battle each year I guess. 

41 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Why? That would come close to evening the season out. If we genuinely finished the season on a 10 game winning streak, he'd have nothing to apologise for.

Are you joking?

Here we are in March and this season has been a disaster.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The benefit of not getting hammered is our goal difference is decent for a side in our position, come the end of the season that may be what keeps us in this division

Success all round then!

Archived