IGNORED

Tammy

yardy

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You're right about Chelsea in recent years but maybe Conte is a bit different.  If he doesn't get onto the bench at Chelsea I imagine he'll be on loan to a mid table Prem side.  Everton, Southampton, something like that.

Maybe if Chelsea sign Lukaku, Tammy may be included in the deal?

Loved that goal tonight. Quality and desire. More of that will keep us up. Reminded me of Fulham away in September when he just got a touch ahead of the defender and finished. 

Gotta be the prem for him next season. Loan probably more likely than for Chelsea just yet given how strong they are right now and the market they'll be shopping in. Would love to see him break into their team though. 

2 hours ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

Loved that goal tonight. Quality and desire. More of that will keep us up. Reminded me of Fulham away in September when he just got a touch ahead of the defender and finished. 

Gotta be the prem for him next season. Loan probably more likely than for Chelsea just yet given how strong they are right now and the market they'll be shopping in. Would love to see him break into their team though. 

And of course start banging them in for England. TBH there`s probably never been a better time to be a very good young English striker with regard to breaking into the senior squad, let`s face it, we`re not exactly blessed in that department currently. He`s obviously highly thought of within the England setup so he just needs to keep playing and scoring at the highest level possible and who knows where it will take him.

When he scores the winner for us in the 2020 Euro final v Germany we`ll be able to say `he used to be one of our own`!

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can't like this lad enough 

Fantastic young footballer

with a fantastic humble attitude

Gives it %100 game in , game out for a club he's on loan to  :clap:

What an attitude  !!! 

Already feeling gutted that we won't get many more times to,see him in a City Shirt

Gos down, all things considered ,  with Andy Cole as possibly the two best loanees we've ever had

Total respect - hope he gets every reward from the game because he's one who deserves it

Tammy I salute you as a footballer and as a man

:trumpet:

Completely agree, what a credit to football Tammy is. 

An absolute role model to any young footballer.  Humble, commited and level headed. So many times we see talented young players with a chip on their shoulder and big time Charlie attitudes, Tammy is a breath of fresh air.

Yes it is a shame we won't see him in a city shirt next season but I think Tammy will hold a special place in his heart for BCFC and us fans for giving him his chance to show the world what a special talent the boy is.

I wish him all the luck in the world on & off the pitch.

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

As good as the finish was THAT cross from Cotterill was pure class, and the thing we missed in the first half of the season. would really, really like to keep him here if we can stay up. Top man DC  you have been a really, really good January signing

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

How many balls in from the right like that from Cotts tonight did Tammy get with Luke Freeman (or CO'D) cutting in on his left from the right and, er, doing what ever it was Luke did when he cut in from the right on to his left foot?Not Freeman's fault, though. Not sure football, in this country, needs to be too clever or "intelligent." Not in this league. Not with a goal machine like Tammy waiting near the goal.

I've been banging on for ages to play the wide men on their natural sides, allow the players to get down the wing and whip crosses in. Cutting back in should be the option not he preferred choice when you have good strikers.

As for Tammy, the moment that stood out for me. Not the goal , though great, or any play. But when Brownhill came on , he punched the air geeing Brownhill up for a final push, and already 3-0 up and 10 mins to play. Love the guys attitude.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You aren't serious ???

500k ?

I bet we are paying around that or more than that as a loan fee

£500k wouldn't buy you his socks !!!!

didnt pay much more for Andrew Cole. imagine if young Tammy had a career as good as his....

1 hour ago, shelts said:

didnt pay much more for Andrew Cole. imagine if young Tammy had a career as good as his....

Don't think he's too far off - Remember Cole was 20/21 when he came here

Tammys attitude in top of his ability almost guarantees a very good top flight career IMHO 

:thumbsup: 

Going to be an emotional game when he plays his last against Birmingham.

hopefully we are long safe, he bags a couple and then gets subbed on 75 mins to one of the most rapturous applauses Ashton Gate has ever seen.

what a great start to a career to be loved so much by a set of fans, I think his experience at city, understanding the passion and personal reward showing that passion back brings will complement the skills he has as a footballer more than most experience at such a young age and will make him 10x the player he was already set to be.

a part of you will always be city Tammy, and I think he knows that too.

good luck mate!

14 hours ago, 054123 said:

The more I watch him the more I appreciate just what a striker he is.

Said to my son this evening, that maybe  one day Tammy might play for England.

Maybe just the ramblings of a middle aged loon who has been so bereft of joy lately, but there's something about him. 

I have no doubt that he will play for England. I think it's more a case of when than if. 

He will score goals at every level he plays.

1 minute ago, WesM said:

I have no doubt that he will play for England. I think it's more a case of when than if. 

He will score goals at every level he plays.

Considering Defoe made the squad I'd say had Tammy not got injured he would have been on the radar. 

In this country we love to get young players into the England team before they are ready, hope them up to be the next big thing and then their career fizzles out.

14 hours ago, 054123 said:

Maybe just the ramblings of a middle aged loon who has been so bereft of joy lately, but there's something about him. 

Correct me if Im wrong.hasnt he already played  for England in under 21s level. Whilst on loan to us.

2 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

hopefully we are long safe, he bags a couple and then gets subbed on 75 mins to one of the most rapturous applauses Ashton Gate has ever seen.

what a great start to a career to be loved so much by a set of fans, I think his experience at city, understanding the passion and personal reward showing that passion back brings will complement the skills he has as a footballer more than most experience at such a young age and will make him 10x the player he was already set to be.

good luck mate!

Imagine if it`s Wilbs`s last game for us too - won`t be a dry eye in the house!

2 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

good luck mate!

Good post that - love the highlighted para

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, grgnicholls said:

Offer 10 mil. With 15mil buyback and 50% of profits if sold. Easy money for Chelsea and only 5mil to buy him back. Chelsea win the league tammy is good very good but not at that level yet at least another season away. Conte won't risk his job on still a raw talent

Nice thought but

They turned down £20m for Ake 

And if available there would be a queue of Prem Clubs queuing for him I'd suggest

Shame - the lads done too well !!!! 

He`ll got to someone like Newcastle or Brighton for next year I think.

Brighton I believe would be a good move -  a well run club close to London and they play the right way. I can`t see Glenn Murray being up to the rigours of the premier league at his age and will they stick with Baldock or look to upgrade?

Personally I could see a `Tammy & Sammy` partnership being quite exciting to watch particularly if they keep players like Knockeart.

On 3/17/2017 at 22:59, 054123 said:

That is a great shout. I would be more surprised if he didn't get an England call up in the future. Lets face it, if we do stay up and its a big if. Mr Tammy Abraham would be the biggest factor in being our survival. I'm missing him already!

Think I need to put on my tin hat here because......

Yes it was a quality finish.

Yes Tammy is a real credit when it comes to his attitude.

But I'm sorry he really isn't up to playing up front on his own in the prem yet. He isn't very good with his back to goal. He loses possession a lot and certainly gets bullied off the ball very easily. Wilbs or even Djuric are better playing loan striker. Obviously they don't have his ability to poach goals which certainly is impressive. But they keep possession and out-battle CBs which imho Tammy can't.

He is young and when he fills out maybe he will develop the ability to stand up to physical CBs. At the moment he spends a lot of time falling over when challenged. Really hope he can develop that ability as he seems a genuinely nice lad. But for me I can't see him doing the Costa role unless he moves up a level.

21 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice thought but

They turned down £20m for Ake 

And if available there would be a queue of Prem Clubs queuing for him I'd suggest

Shame - the lads done too well !!!! 

For that awful game at AG we were sat in the Upper Lansdown.

Saw Alan Curtis (Swansea assistant manager) and one other PL scout (can't put a name to the face) watching the game.

Who else other than Tammy, would they be watching, during a game between Rotherham and Bristol City ?

Archived