IGNORED

Frankie Fieldings in the building

KevP

Not had too much of a mention so I will start. Made some excellent saves at Wigan last week, and some very important stops last night too. And importantly, the defence looks more comfortable in front of him. Well done Frankie :clapping::clapping:

21 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Makes me wonder why we bothered bringing in Giefer in the first place!! We never needed him

Fankie was another one recovering from injury remember...

I was pleased to see him make up for his aberration at Huddersfield before xmas.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fankie was another one recovering from injury remember...

I was pleased to see him make up for his aberration at Huddersfield before xmas.

We had Lucic to cover who would have been fine as a short term replacement. He made one mistake against Preston and got binned as per usual!

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

We had Lucic to cover who would have been fine as a short term replacement. He made one mistake against Preston and got binned as per usual!

Whilst I agree Lucic was maybe treated harshly, I think a loan move was best to get him playing regularly even if it is abroad. 

Think he will be our regular back up next season though 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agree that Frankie was very good last night .

Being a bit picky , his kicking wasn't great , perhaps it was the wind .

To be fair his kicking was 10x better than their keeper who I thought was awful! We had great fun with him in the South Stand

He did what he had to last night. Some decent saves and his handling was very solid but that's what you expect from a professional goalkeeper.  

We all know that he's prone to the unforced error that has cost us points earlier in the season. In some ways he reminds of Flapper Phillips.

And Giefer was signed to provide competition for the keeper position.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wind can be very uncomfortable & restrict movement, perhaps the medics could give him something to help :whistle:

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Interesting when FF got here his kicking was mank, barely reaching the half way line sometimes. Last night he was almost shooting. :laugh:

Archived