IGNORED

Brentford Travel / Pub Guide / Info (Merged)

Bridgwaterred0

46 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Just driven down the M4 - full motorway closure from J13 to J12 this weekend. 

Don't risk the trip guys, I'll take the tickets of your hands to save the hassle.....

I'm too nice for my own good.

The Highways Agency website definitely says full closure - from 9pm on 31st to 6am on the 3rd. However, I cant believe that a closure that big wouldn't have had some higher profile advance notice - not least to the club, for the coaches if nothing else. Can anyone with contact in the club (Dolly?) get them to confirm??

3 hours ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

The project means the total closure of the motorway in both directions between junction 12 at Theale and Junction 13 at Chieveley.

This means overnight closures on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for four consecutive weekends in April and May, where the carriageway will be closed between 9pm and 6am.

"The M4 eastbound between junctions 12 and 13. lane closures, Lanes 1,2 and 3 will be closed....... From 21.00 on 31 March 2017 to 06.00 on 3 April 2017. Lanes closed: all lanes will be closed" 

From Highways England website. And yes there's another entry for the westbound carriageway saying the same thing.

Still no luck on the ticket front, but going to travel anyway to the ground for a few beers, and if I don't get in I'll sit by the river in Richmond; weather permitting . 

If any tickets (2) come available on the day PM me and I will have them.

20 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Still no luck on the ticket front, but going to travel anyway to the ground for a few beers, and if I don't get in I'll sit by the river in Richmond; weather permitting . 

If any tickets (2) come available on the day PM me and I will have them.

If you haven't booked travel already why don't you just watch at the beamback and have a day on the lash in Bristol mate?

9 hours ago, italian dave said:

"The M4 eastbound between junctions 12 and 13. lane closures, Lanes 1,2 and 3 will be closed....... From 21.00 on 31 March 2017 to 06.00 on 3 April 2017. Lanes closed: all lanes will be closed" 

From Highways England website. And yes there's another entry for the westbound carriageway saying the same thing.

Did this journey last night, yes full closure and lengthy detour around Reading. Coming from London we turned off as if going to the Majeski and carried on for several miles along the dual carriageway until we eventually rejoined. We only had the detour on the way back (1am) as it was open on the way up in the daytime. We were hammering along and at that time of night it put around 20 mins on our journey, I think during the day you could at least double this if not treble the time, and you would have to do it both ways on Saturday.

Other than this detour there were plenty of roadworks and sometimes only one or two lanes open through these along the M4. The M32 was also shut and we had to come off at  Eastville. Allow plenty of time people. 

Glad I can't make it this year. Such an uncomfortable experience. Seats are awful with no legroom but bottom tier you can't see anything. Anyone in upper tier last season loads of us stood against the railing at the back of the stand mainly because it was impossible to sit. 

9 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

If you haven't booked travel already why don't you just watch at the beamback and have a day on the lash in Bristol mate?

Mate, I live up this way now, so no great effort, a day on the lash in Richmond is not so bad.

If you have a mate with a "friendly address", just ring Brentford/go online, we have three tickets for there stand. Should be fine. Plenty of City fans will be doing the same. Can't miss this one although I was well pissed off post Villa, pre Huddersfield. COYRs!

Archived