IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

So, they have the guy who got sacked for completely fudging up Wembley "delivering" their new stadium, the guy who got sacked for nearly driving Swansea to the wall and who associates himself with convicted fraudsters as their new chairman and a Chelsea loving president whose "wealth" is still a mystery as is any real indication of what he intends to invest.............pftt, sit back, relax and take in the view boys, this is only going one way 

Spot on sir!!

Our new stadium is a pipe dream, we are rag bag Rovers, our owner is skint, our grotto won't return but we cower in the giant wake of you '82ers, the hugest massivest club, we are the Blue few.

I think that just about sums up the last 120 pages. You're ace you are. 

And we are the gift that just keeps giving.

One thing, give us a bit of time and hopefully we'll catch up a little bit with your massive hugeness. Cheers.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, stargas said:

Our new stadium is a pipe dream, we are rag bag Rovers, our owner is skint, our grotto won't return but we cower in the giant wake of you '82ers, the hugest massivest club, we are the Blue few.

One thing, give us a bit of time and hopefully we'll catch up a little bit with your massive hugeness. Cheers.

Finally, a gashead who knows his place ;)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, stargas said:

It's a BCFC forum, what do you expect, is the Rovers forum any different to ours with the disdain shown towards their cross city rivals? Personally I wouldn't know as I don't waste time trolling other teams forums

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, stargas said:

Thanks for your contribution, glad you read the 120 pages. Cheers.

32 minutes ago, stargas said:

Now you've summed up the last 120 pages could you please sum up the first 17?

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, stargas said:

Welcome to the forum. We nearly reached double figures on the fewers who have bothered to sign up to a Bristol City forum and post on this thread. Ironically nearly as much as your home attendances.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stargas said:

Good afternoon Saggy

As you're rating our forum, check out this thread, it's a cracker! Page 33 is particularly fantastic.

Enjoy, we certainly did !

I shall bid you good day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stargas said:

I think that just about sums up the last 120 pages. You're ace you are

I'm guessing from this about 12 years old?

Yes,yes,yes and no.

18 hours ago, Just Red said:

So is this the bloke who was responsible for delivering Wembley vastly over budget?

No, this is the bloke who negotiated a fixed-price contract for the Wembley project, thus ensuring that if the build went over budget the additional costs would be borne by the main contractors, which indeed they were.  It ran over time due to the two main companies involved blaming each other for the delay, and I believe they tried to sue each other for the costs during the build process. The main contractor had built the Milleniuim Stadium amongst other large contracts, so should have had the experience to bring the project in on time and on budget.

Only time will tell as to whether he does a good job with regards to our long anticipated new stadium.

The family who now own the club do not have the wealth of SL, however, they have increased their wealth over the years with some shrewd business deals. If they can improve Rovers via a slow but sure method, building from the youth system upwards, then that will do for me.

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No, this is the bloke who negotiated a fixed-price contract for the Wembley project, thus ensuring that if the build went over budget the additional costs would be borne by the main contractors, which indeed they were.  It ran over time due to the two main companies involved blaming each other for the delay, and I believe they tried to sue each other for the costs during the build process. The main contractor had built the Milleniuim Stadium amongst other large contracts, so should have had the experience to bring the project in on time and on budget.

Only time will tell as to whether he does a good job with regards to our long anticipated new stadium.

The family who now own the club do not have the wealth of SL, however, they have increased their wealth over the years with some shrewd business deals. If they can improve Rovers via a slow but sure method, building from the youth system upwards, then that will do for me.

you can't seriously think this guy is interested in the youth system, He will want instant success and will throw money at it, Dopey will be looking for a new job soon, he'll want a "name".

The 137 pages on The Slags pales into insignificance measured against the 300 pages devoted to our new stadium. Just mention this as it shows your relative importance to us. 

How's your new stadium getting on by the way? You know, the shiny new one you were singing about at your last visit to The Gate. 

You have to admit though your Club has been a bundle of laughs over the last few years. Do you think the ownership transfer from Piggs to your multi billionaire Wally could be yet another chapter in your hilarious journey? 

we cower in the giant wake of you '82ers, the hugest massivest club, we are the Blue few.

What a bizarre post.

Do you think if I had a look at Gaschat I'd find mainly well balanced views about City, especially regarding our fans, stadium and attendances?....or would I probably end up reading a load of crap about how all of us are thugs who vandalise War Memorials, we aren't as massively loyal as you, our redevelopment at AG is shit and our attendances are rubbish compared to what you'd apparently get in our position (a belief based on absolutely nothing)?

Stop moaning, it's a football forum, if it bothers you don't read it.

What happened to the ridiculous "Oh Yes" thread you muppets had running for ages by the way? The one where you'd all get excited and celebrate every time we lost a match in a division higher than you (before you got relegated back to the basement). Hypocrites .

• Like 8

So just read the Forbes rich list and lansdown is there but there is no sign of wael or any of his family,

i thought his wealth would blow us out of the water and the gas are the 6th richest club in the country

another gas myth busted

their take over has the next Portsmouth written all over it

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Was he or was he not sacked from the Wembley Project because regardless who took the can for the costs.....it still went massively over budget and over time

"Wembley have finally offered up a major casualty following the national stadium fiasco — chief executive Michael Cunnah.

He will leave Wembley National Stadium Ltd today after being effectively sidelined for the past 10 months. Cunnah had retained the title of WNSL chief executive since the lowest moment in the project last February when Wembley finally conceded it wouldn't be hosting the 2006 Cup final.

That admission came after Cunnah had made numerous announcements that the showcase game would take place and that all was well with a building project that was, in fact, in meltdown following a breakdown in the relationship between WNSL, a wholly owned subsidiary of the FA, and builders Multiplex."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-422936/Cunnah-pays-price-Wembley-fiasco.html#ixzz41qohp0xp

That last paragraph should send a shiver down your spine considering the almost identical scenario not too long ago, creatively doctored by my good self for illustrative purposes.......

"That admission came after Higgs had made numerous announcements that the showcase stadium would be built and that all was well with the contract that was, in fact, in meltdown following a breakdown in the relationship between Bristol Rovers and Sainsburys"

:shifty:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Welcome to the forum. We nearly reached double figures on the fewers who have bothered to sign up to a Bristol City forum and post on this thread. Ironically nearly as much as your home attendances.

Like this,^^ " The Fewers. "

Very good!

When are they going to realise that Wally hasn't got as much money as they think,just had an armchair gas head telling me to mind the gap,and how did it feel to be neighbours with the sixth richest club in the country:facepalm:.He actually thought that wally had bought Llyods bank,after explaining that his family had infact got a one third share in a smallish bank in Jordan he went into denial claiming us sheeds were just jealous and running scared.I also pointed out that the gap was actually in our favour,cue a puzzled look,he said they would overtake us within 5 years and would be in the prem by then,mind the gap he repeated.I some times depair at the lack of intelligence amongst our blue friends.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stargas said:

Not as much as we are cowering in the wake of you '15ers; now that you are "the sixth richest club in the country". 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

So just read the Forbes rich list and lansdown is there but there is no sign of wael or any of his family,

i thought his wealth would blow us out of the water and the gas are the 6th richest club in the country

another gas myth busted

their take over has the next Portsmouth written all over it

Don't think so this time .. This is going to take time ..