IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Was working over Patchway this afternoon and whilst standing behind a few of the young stone island brigade in the local corner shop, I overhear that "Chelsea ain't ready for the Gas Hit Squad" 

Chelsea boys Probably looked at the fixture and thought they didn't have a first team game tonight.

• Like 1

I know no one said Rovers fans were smart but was anyone listening to Radio 1 earlier? The presenters were talking about sick voices and a Rovers fan called in saying he was about to walk into his office and pull a sickie so he could go to the football today, having given his name and where he's from, saying 'I'm in the car right now practising my sick voice'..... Presenters seemed dumb struck that someone was on national radio announcing that not knowing who could be listening. What I found funny was later in the segment one of the radio presenters kept referring to the guy by his name deliberately while the other one was avoiding using it.

• Like 2

Another couple of beauties from gaschat...

I see the Teds have sold a massive 72 tickets for the Scunny game, what a difference a Linesy winner makes :laugh:!

We took 190 to Hartlepool last season on a Tuesday night for a basement game.

They are just massive, wish we could be like them and take that many to an away match. All they got over us is a decent ground and that's it, okay they will say they get bigger home gates but its like a library wheras the mem has a better atmosphere with half the crowd. The reason why they keep throwing the ground in our faces is because that's all they can can throw in our faces. The thing is we know it isn't the best stadium that's why we want out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Another couple of beauties from gaschat...

I see the Teds have sold a massive 72 tickets for the Scunny game, what a difference a Linesy winner makes :laugh:!

We took 190 to Hartlepool last season on a Tuesday night for a basement game.

They are just massive, wish we could be like them and take that many to an away match. All they got over us is a decent ground and that's it, okay they will say they get bigger home gates but its like a library wheras the mem has a better atmosphere with half the crowd. The reason why they keep throwing the ground in our faces is because that's all they can can throw in our faces. The thing is we know it isn't the best stadium that's why we want out.

and you get some on ere that are up there arses..........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I fully understand why Chelsea would field a poor team tonight but I just don't get why Rovers are doing the same.

Chelsea team isn't that weak tbh, plus Hazard, Costa terry and Oscar on the bench just in case!

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've been in central London all day. Seen one lonely lost gashead. 

I envy you.

One of them, let's call him Mr Moron, asked me if I was a Chelsea fan. I told him (with no sense of being an arse) that I'm actually a city fan just waiting it out to go home.

Cue Mr Moron and his troupe of cretins with "shithead, shithead". I told them this was the most wimsical of responses and it's a shame that Edinburgh fringe is over as the clearly have a routine to top them all.

Mr Moron then comes back with "bet yer prowed of bein' a shit head en all"

"Errrrr, yes. The Championship is great"

*walk away to glazed, confused looks*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I know no one said Rovers fans were smart but was anyone listening to Radio 1 earlier? The presenters were talking about sick voices and a Rovers fan called in saying he was about to walk into his office and pull a sickie so he could go to the football today, having given his name and where he's from, saying 'I'm in the car right now practising my sick voice'..... Presenters seemed dumb struck that someone was on national radio announcing that not knowing who could be listening. What I found funny was later in the segment one of the radio presenters kept referring to the guy by his name deliberately while the other one was avoiding using it.

It really is their cup final and highlight of the year/decade/life. They were on Radio X earlier (Johnny Vaughan) mentioning the "over 5000" fans. 

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

Another couple of beauties from gaschat..

They can't even claim that myth anymore after seeing the atmosphere for their Severnside derby recently. 

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

It's not a 'love in' it's just realising that they will support their club no matter what, just as we did as we plummeted down the league.

It's called empathy.

Like they showed us ? 

1 hour ago, MigratedRobin said:

**** 'em

this !

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you had to guess what year this photo was taken.....

rovers.jpg

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

They really should improve their port-a-loo facilities....  that is so non-league ffs .

Prowed ;) to say the above post earned me my two-thousandth .....' LIKE '... :)  thankyou Mr Bazooka Joe! ... & all the other Otib nutters who have shown appreciation for so many of my dumb-arsed posts through years of my loitering and haunting of this wonderful forum.. bless you all .. COYRs .

I'd like to buy you all a Cod Lot for your efforts if I could,... & if I ever win the lottery I might just do that!  cheers. WH.