IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As Phantom suggested might happen (it wont let me quote for some reason), I did wonder on the way home last night if you would get Chelsea in the next round.

Anyway, there is a lot of bitching/crowing from both sides about last night. I had a great night out at a ground I don't get to go to often, in a great atmosphere, and my team gave a decent account of themselves against what was  a long, long way from being Chelsea reserves. Pretty much what fans of lower league clubs hope for in cup competitions.

We took a lot of fans, and you would have taken the same. We 'took over' the pubs, and you would have done the same. You took 70 odd to Scunthorpe, and we would have taken a similar amount under the circumstances (although I will confess that I thought you would have broken the 100 mark with northern based supporters)

Last night was Rovers turn, you (and pretty much every other league club) will have their turn soon enough.

We haven't had a turn in my lifetime :no:

liverpool and the famous win was the year before 

• The title was changed to Bristol+Rovers
9 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Its really not...

Whats even more laughable is the unprofessional way Dopey acted on several occasions.. The videos down the pub, the unprofessional comments about Grimsby, his interview from last season after we lost to Brentford... Pub side manager, pub side team. 

Sums up the Gas all over.

And that's how we like it 

8 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

Philip, my friend. I think the opposite would be true.

Your team on the other hand. Well, they're always looking up at us. We're the carrot if you like.

Think you'll find if you asked ALL city fans you'd be surprised. . Maybe not on the internet where keyboard warriors and the like exist but the city fans on the street. . Loved the old derbies .. anyway that's my thought on it 

13 hours ago, Iron Man said:

What's ridiculous S A G? You're struggling to sell out a game that's about 40 minutes away. This is a stone cold fact. http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/swindon-tickets-on-sale-until-11am-friday-3269784.aspx 

Always helps when you will have a "90 per cant" capacity when your capacity is about 5 white plastic chairs and one Chernobyl nuclear testing stand that holds 20 people.

But as said a 1,000 times we support Rovers no matter what ground we play at .. Ragbag Rovers suits me down to the ground 

16 minutes ago, Philgas said:

And that's how we like it 

Is

11 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Think you'll find if you asked ALL city fans you'd be surprised. . Maybe not on the internet where keyboard warriors and the like exist but the city fans on the street. . Loved the old derbies .. anyway that's my thought on it 

This

11 minutes ago, Philgas said:

You got it 

That

7 minutes ago, Philgas said:

But as said a 1,000 times we support Rovers no matter what ground we play at .. Ragbag Rovers suits me down to the ground 

Difficult?

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes all 4k of you against Cardiff.

You just don't get it do you ... Chelsea away was an amazing tie for us .. and you don't have to go to every game to be a proper fan ... Cardiff City wasn't really as special as a visit to Stamford Bridge  .. These digs about our attendance all the time are crap...

1 .. you get more fans than us 

2.. you have a refurbished stadium 

3.. you're in a higher league (just)

4..you're richer than us

5..can't think of anything else 

6..no definitely nothing else

7..you're gonna think of lots more

8..Happy days

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

You just don't get it do you ... Chelsea away was an amazing tie for us .. and you don't have to go to every game to be a proper fan ... Cardiff City wasn't really as special as a visit to Stamford Bridge  .. These digs about our attendance all the time are crap...

4..you're richer than us

8..Happy days

Phil's cracked at last.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Philgas said:

4..you're richer than us

8..Happy days

Hypocrite, Gas are forever banging on about attendances... even to boast you took 100 more to Nottingham, which was for your 'invasion game'. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

He has got no class or substance but that's what you love? Says it all...

Phil enjoys supporting a pokey little club with a pub team manager as he likes to enforce on the rest of us

Small mentality... Hope he reserved his seat in the executive section or should I say the patio furniture

Just now, Dark Wood Covert said:

Phil enjoys supporting a pokey little club with a pub team manager as he likes to enforce on the rest of us

Small mentality... Hope he reserved his seat in the executive section or should I say the patio furniture

I haven't looked at this topic for yonks and he is all over it...comes across a little simple

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

1 - yet you go on about how amazing your fans are. Best in da world.

2- so is yours to be fair, how is that new stand?

3 - you'll always be the club in Bristol that went non league.

4 - are you not wary of your chairmans supposable wealth? You're still scratching around with loanees and freebies. 

I would be if I were them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

1 - yet you go on about how amazing your fans are. Best in da world.

2- so is yours to be fair, how is that new stand?

3 - you'll always be the club in Bristol that went non league.

4 - are you not wary of your chairmans supposable wealth? You're still scratching around with loanees and freebies. 

To be fair, Phil seems to be corrupted by the Official Gas tweets who believe their support was out of this world at Chelsea... like no other club would take 4k to Stamford Bridge for a cup game :blink:

3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Despite only signing up to this forum in December (a full seven months after the creation of this thread), @Philgas has the second highest post count on this entire thread (and closing very quickly on 1st place)...

I think he wants to be one of us.

Screenshot_20160825-121022.png

427 posts of talking about how he supports the Gas no matter what... amazing!

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I would be if I were them.

2 more cheap loan signings made in the last day.

Players who were on loan to Yeovil and AFC Wimbledon last season in League Two, they still haven't spend any money at all on transfers this summer, their 2 permanent signings being someone who is 30 and was out of contract at Plymouth (League Two, again) and someone that Port Vale had only offered reduced terms to stay.

That millionaire/billionaire stuff the media laps up about the Jordanian is looking pretty suspect, no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Puckle_red said:

Where is the 70 odd figure coming from for Scunthorpe? Hardly a huge following but our actual following was over double "70 odd" (158).

That distance on a Tuesday for that competition and those opponents...not a bad effort.

Tickets purchased in advance.

Now being incorrectly repeated ad nauseam by the club with "the best fans in the world".

3 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Where is the 70 odd figure coming from for Scunthorpe? Hardly a huge following but our actual following was over double "70 odd" (158).

That distance on a Tuesday for that competition and those opponents...not a bad effort.

72 were sold in advance...

plus we fielded a reserve side, with Villa in mind. Gas have got the titans of L1 Swindle... massive