IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I would have thought that a supporters club would have a treasurer and just maybe one or 2 people authorised to make payments / sign cheques. There cannot be much doubt within the Supportes Club who is responsible  imagine. Taking almost £150,000 and leaving only £4,000 though shows s/he did not care if they got caught.

It's important to remember that this is the supporters' club and not BRFC involved in the latest fiasco. Of course, one of those organisations is a professional body with proper accountants and lawyers, while the other is a bunch of well-intentioned amateurs who may struggle to get their finances in order. 

The professional's accountants and lawyers justify their fees by pointing out that while they lost £150k in a year, the amateurs managed to lose ten times that in just one day last week! 

Always look on the BrightCiderLife

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I would have thought that a supporters club would have a treasurer and just maybe one or 2 people authorised to make payments / sign cheques. There cannot be much doubt within the Supportes Club who is responsible  imagine. Taking almost £150,000 and leaving only £4,000 though shows s/he did not care if they got caught.

One wonders if Walley isn'tr a signatory,,,, they spinklers don't come cheap,mind !

1 hour ago, BrightCiderLife said:

It's important to remember that this is the supporters' club and not BRFC involved in the latest fiasco. Of course, one of those organisations is a professional body with proper accountants and lawyers, while the other is a bunch of well-intentioned amateurs who may struggle to get their finances in order. 

The professional's accountants and lawyers justify their fees by pointing out that while they lost £150k in a year, the amateurs managed to lose ten times that in just one day last week! 

Always look on the BrightCiderLife

one of those organisations is a professional body with proper accountants and lawyers, while the other is a bunch of well-intentioned amateurs who may struggle to get their finances in order

Which one is which?

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i'm going to predict that the mem will be sold from under them for property and then ending up homeless again,

except this time they will have nowhere to turn for help having burnt all their bridges at bath, forest green and Cheltenham 

Start off as tenants at Neville Road County Ground. Glos CCC have a cash shortfall one year and need a cash injection. You can work it out for yourself.

• Like 1

Irene's stupid fault for leaving the housekeeping in a teapot on the mantelpiece...  how they're gonna pay their gas bills now f cu k knows...  It's horrible when money goes missing in a 'family' everyone's suddenly suspicious  of everyone and the Trust goes out the window.

Mind you that lad Taylor disappeared a bit sharpish, rumour is he's done a runner...he's still believed to be in town though, infact he's been spotted locally a few times in the last couple of weeks and he's definitely looking a bit more flush than normal... Where's he suddenly got all this money from eh? ..make you wonder.. dunnit? 

(Psst, Irene, you need to get yer self a proper piggy bank with a lock, now that you know tea-leaves have been dipping in yer old china tea-pot!! ... goodnight Irene... goodnight.)

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 3

Can they get any more pikey? 47 pages on Matty Taylor's departure on Slagchat now, and I thought they were fine about it because he wasn't even their best striker and they had Billy Bodin? :facepalm::rofl2br::clapping:It's all 82 this and 82 that with them at the moment....as if we are bothered by 82? Their retorts are so pathetic it's as laughable as their gifts! They have absolutely nothing to throw at us any more. It's just old regurgitated crap that belongs in another era. Oh, hang on a mo....We are a soulless franchise according to Dwayne Sports Ragass FC......Please don't ever stop giving....The obsessed Ted threads on their forum are springing up like tents at the Mem.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Can they get any more pikey? 47 pages on Matty Taylor's departure on Slagchat now, and I thought they were fine about it because he wasn't even their best striker and they had Billy Bodin? :facepalm::rofl2br::clapping:It's all 82 this and 82 that with them at the moment....as if we are bothered by 82? Their retorts are so pathetic it's as laughable as their gifts! They have absolutely nothing to throw at us any more. It's just old regurgitated crap that belongs in another era. Oh, hang on a mo....We are a soulless franchise according to Dwayne Sports Ragass FC......Please don't ever stop giving....The obsessed Ted threads on their forum are springing up like tents at the Mem.

Bit daft referring to page numbers when we're on 366. 

(Nuts I've contributed). 

367?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Bit daft referring to page numbers when we're on 366. 

(Nuts I've contributed). 

367?

Not at all. We don't deny that we like to take the mick out of the gifters. They do. They even hide any threads about "Teds" in the non football section of their forum to pretend they are not utterly obsessed with us. 

4 minutes ago, In the Net said:

He may well have heard it, whilst I didn't.  Maybe you hear more of the away fans if you're on the same side of the ground, I'm usually behind one of the goals. Or maybe I'm just getting a bit mutton Jeff in my old age! 

It's probably just that canvas isn't a good amplifier of sound, Netty.

• Like 1

Ths is a serious question to any Gas (or City fan)  who may wish to answer.

We (the Teds) are often referred to as 'Bristol'. I think I saw on another thread that Derby had us on their scoreboard as Bristol.

Do the Gas get called Bristol?  If not, what is the general feeling about us being called it?.....if any.

Is it only us that the media and other fans call Bristol or does it happen to Rovers as well?

I have heard that some clubs have Gas on their soreboard, is this so, or do they sometimes call you Bristol?

I think we are generally not happy being called Bristol, even more so than when you lot refer to us as the S♡♡t,  I really don't think that's much of a problem to most of us. I find it rather amusing.

I've mentioned it on here before, but don't think any of us Teds are aware of the answer. 

Not a wind up, just interested.

29 minutes ago, 42nite said:

We (the Teds) are often referred to as 'Bristol'. I think I saw on another thread that Derby had us on their scoreboard as Bristol.

Do the Gas get called Bristol?  If not, what is the general feeling about us being called it?.....if any.

Is it only us that the media and other fans call Bristol or does it happen to Rovers as well?

I have heard that some clubs have Gas on their soreboard, is this so, or do they sometimes call you Bristol?

I think we are generally not happy being called Bristol, even more so than when you lot refer to us as the S♡♡t,  I really don't think that's much of a problem to most of us. I find it rather amusing.

I've mentioned it on here before, but don't think any of us Teds are aware of the answer. 

I believe it is "who?"

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

Yes, we are sometimes referred to as "Bristol" by the media and other clubs/fans. I feckin' hate it - we all love our clubs because there is something unique and special about them in our eyes. The club name is major part of my club's identity, so I find it insulting when people get it wrong.

Can't recall seeing "Bristol" on a scoreboard, but I'm not particularly a scoreboard watcher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

On a very vaguely similar note, I know Villa fans who can't stand the fact that their rivals are named after the City in which they reside, and I love the fact that Everton opened a club shop in that new-ish shopping centre called 'Liverpool One' and they inevitably called it 'Everton Two' so the shop address begins Everton 2 Liverpool 1...I just love childish football rivalries!

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

On a very vaguely similar note, I know Villa fans who can't stand the fact that their rivals are named after the City in which they reside, and I love the fact that Everton opened a club shop in that new-ish shopping centre called 'Liverpool One' and they inevitably called it 'Everton Two' so the shop address begins Everton 2 Liverpool 1...I just love childish football rivalries!

Not heard that before - brilliant! 

• Like 2