IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

The Gas might have progressed rapidly up the leagues since that glorious day in May 2014 but there have still been ample opportunities to take the rise.

Braintree, Altrincham, scraping back into the league by the lottery of penalties while City scooped not only the Football League Trophy but also the League One title to lay the ghost of 1990, an FA Trophy first round exit to Bath, FA Cup defeats by Chesham and Barrow, and not to mention two comprehensive defeats by the Sainsburys Trolley Boys XI.

Then the constant predictions that they would "see you next season". That should be their club motto, they say it so often. Although "See you next Tuesday" might be more apt.

Its all good fun i guess?

It was a laugh looking on here when every man and his dog were fuming that your owner wouldnt sack little lee.

So funny reading those posts and i think there was a 3 page thread on gaschat laughing about it.

Just 397 pages behind your thread! you gotta laugh havnt you?

3 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

It was a laugh looking on here when every man and his dog were fuming that your owner wouldnt sack little lee.

So funny reading those posts and i think there was a 3 page thread on gaschat laughing about it.

Oh you are a cheeky one, aren't you..?!

You must have laughed, revelling in our losing a few games on the spin. 

Imagine losing enough games to relegate you from the entire football league, now THAT would be worth laughing at..!

Imagine losing, regularly, to non league clubs in cup competitions..! 

Imagine being the only league club to have failed to qualify for the league cup first round!

Imagine playing in a ground that away supporters constantly mock, question WTF the tents are all about and liken to Chernobyl. 

Imagine mocking your near neighbours home and away support, despite their figures having been higher than yours for decades! 

Imagine rejoicing in your new billionaire owner, proudly proclaiming to be the 6th richest club in the country, then failing to finance (yet another) stadium plan, or break your transfer record which has stood for what... 20 odd years now..?!

Imagine proclaiming, constantly that "you are coming for us" yet starting yet another season in a lower division than us!

Imagine then coming on a rivals forum to question why we laugh at you..?! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

I'm sure they were convinced LJ would take us down and things didn't pan out that way, so gives us another reason to laugh at the scum given the "see you next season" hubris turned out to be typical p155 and wind.

You're our rivals, regardless of what division the two clubs are in the enmity doesn't dissipate, in fact it is probably more intense than ever given the advent of social media and there hasn't been the safety valve of the clubs crossing swords on a regular basis for quite some time now.

You must have at least some inkling of how City fans feel about the Gas, so no idea why the volume of posts would come as a surprise to you. And you have to admit that your club has, as one of your fellow fans who sometimes posts on here admitted, "been the gift that keeps on giving" in the past few years.

Also - and I don't mean this as a dig, simply as a statement of fact - City have more fans than Rovers so probably inevitable that there's more posts as well.

Any City fan who tells you that he/she doesn't care (in the negative sense, obvs.) about the Gas is, in most cases, probably not being honest. I wouldn't say I'm "obsessed" but seeing the Gas come unstuck definitely makes me happy. If that equates to being "obsessed" in some eyes then I'll happily own it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebutterfly said:

Only 3 pages? Not quite mastered the English language yet then, the art of a decent, well thought out and considered response....grammar and punctuation. You'll find lots of that on here, along with many a rival supporter with something to say. Usually commenting on how (relatively) balanced and sensible the site is.

Or is that only 3 pages with another 851 pages locked out of the original forum?

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh you are a cheeky one, aren't you..?!

You must have laughed, revelling in our losing a few games on the spin. 

Imagine losing enough games to relegate you from the entire football league, now THAT would be worth laughing at..!

Imagine losing, regularly, to non league clubs in cup competitions..! 

Imagine being the only league club to have failed to qualify for the league cup first round!

Imagine playing in a ground that away supporters constantly mock, question WTF the tents are all about and liken to Chernobyl. 

Imagine mocking your near neighbours home and away support, despite their figures having been higher than yours for decades! 

Imagine rejoicing in your new billionaire owner, proudly proclaiming to be the 6th richest club in the country, then failing to finance (yet another) stadium plan, or break your transfer record which has stood for what... 20 odd years now..?!

Imagine proclaiming, constantly that "you are coming for us" yet starting yet another season in a lower division than us!

Imagine then coming on a rivals forum to question why we laugh at you..?! 

Is that pre-decimal then?

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Ah man, just to clarify.....

I mistakenly claimed that despite their progress "for quite some while now" (they finished 10th in the third flight), we haven't done as badly as that for 21 years (since 1996) when we finished 13th in the third flight.

I was wrong as we in fact came 12th in the third flight in 13/14 (so two places lower than them last season).

Bed time me thinks!

So long as they don't manage to better our performance the year after, I'll live with that.....

1 hour ago, bluebutterfly said:

:rofl2br:

You do realise that your forum can be viewed by anyone? You didn't have one "3 page thread" about the situation at City last season...you had loads of threads. 

You were all getting excited and going off in your pants whilst thinking about the possibility of getting your big cup final back. Making grand predictions about 'this time next year'...just like you did the season before...

....and in 2013/14 :facepalm:

Its really easy to check, you should try it.

7 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

You had a 10 page thread the other week furiously discussing one of our new signings.. 

I don't know why you're trying to convince yourself you're not completely obsessed over City, your clubs only ambition is to play us in a competitive game.

Do you think blubutterfly is aware that posting on the thread puts it back to the top of the page, increases the views and postings count? Whilst decreeing that we are obsessed with his club while he spends his time reading and contributing to our forum.

if carslberg made idiots eh?

Edited by gl1

8 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Try to calm down,maybe post some stuff about city?

It's amply serene my end you strange little sag but it would be, laughter is proven to benefit well-being and your club keeps me fully supplied in that.

What's today's headline going to be? ............

9 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Amiable & slightly condescending tone yet beneath it bluebottle is absolutely seething that they're below us, can't manage to get a game against us let alone beat us, can't get that new stadium, can't.....can't......everything. Pint of bitter is it bluey? Shouldn't mock the afflicted, I know.

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

:rofl2br:

You do realise that your forum can be viewed by anyone? You didn't have one "3 page thread" about the situation at City last season...you had loads of threads. 

You were all getting excited and going off in your pants whilst thinking about the possibility of getting your big cup final back. Making grand predictions about 'this time next year'...just like you did the season before...

....and in 2013/14 :facepalm:

Its really easy to check, you should try it.

You mean posts like this...?! 

IMG_2514.JPG

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Only 3 pages? Not quite mastered the English language yet then, the art of a decent, well thought out and considered response....grammar and punctuation. You'll find lots of that on here, along with many a rival supporter with something to say. Usually commenting on how (relatively) balanced and sensible the site is.

Or is that only 3 pages with another 851 pages locked out of the original forum?

there was some 3 page threads about us on ass chat, 487 of them, every signle thread on there refers to us, where as we keep it to one thread which represents 1% of the posts on this forum about them but 80% on there forum are about us,

Yet we are the ones obsessed, 

On 31/07/2017 at 01:21, bluebutterfly said:

It was a full strength or very strong west brom team,but it was only a friendly of course

I've seen a West Brom preseason friendly and a PL game as one of my best friends is a Baggies fan. There is no comparison. They are absolutely gash in preseason and I know this as I spent 2 hours I will never get back watching them draw 0-0 with Argyle who were still a League Two side at the time 

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

there was some 3 page threads about us on ass chat, 487 of them, every signle thread on there refers to us, where as we keep it to one thread which represents 1% of the posts on this forum about them but 80% on there forum are about us,

Yet we are the ones obsessed, 

We're obsessed with laughing and taking the piss out of them. There obsessed because they are so so bitter . And jealous 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We're obsessed with laughing and taking the piss out of them. There obsessed because they are so so bitter . And jealous 

We have a winner...

32 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Never a truer word was spoken! 

There is literally nothing that I'd want of theirs or want us to replicate. 

They on the other hand would LOVE our league position, an owner like ours, a stadium like ours, crowds like ours, players like ours, training facilities like ours, Accadamy catagory that we've got,  a pitch like ours..... even our sprinklers are actually proven to be "Championship ready!" 

Always in our shadow! 

Mind The Gap! 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They on the other hand would LOVE our league position, an owner like ours, a stadium like ours, crowds like ours, players like ours, training facilities like ours, Accadamy catagory that we've got,  a pitch like ours..... even our sprinklers are actually proven to be "Championship ready!" 

Always in our shadow! 

Mind The Gap! 

not even the pies any more, weren't ours voted best in the country last season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bang on mate! To steel what Liverpool fans call Everton fans: They're simply 'bitter blues!'

COYR.

Edited by Tangle Foot
Err

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What? the same bitter Liverpool fans who have never won a premiership title??????

I think Liverpool's history stacks up pretty well against Everton's! 

They've won 18 league titles. **** the Premiership! 

No, I'm in no way a Liverpool fan!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think Liverpool's history stacks up pretty well against Everton's! 

They've won 18 league titles. **** the Premiership! 

No, I'm in no way a Liverpool fan!

I wasn't commenting about Everton more the 27 years and counting bitter Liverpool fans, the one's who mercilessly goaded the Manu fans for 26 years, what goes around etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I wasn't commenting about Everton more the 27 years and counting bitter Liverpool fans, the one's who mercilessly goaded the Manu fans for 26 years, what goes around etc, etc.

Every team has its day. 

Well, every team except Rovers, it appears..! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Always in our shadow! 

Mind The Gap! 

You're ahead of us on most things I'd agree, but I'd take our gaffer over yours every single day.