IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely even he has more class than to walk out on them today..! 

I think he's shown a lot of loyalty and let's be fair, worked miracles.  If he's been duped into the 5 year contract then I don't think he owes them a single thing .

• Like 2

My very shitty "claim to fame" is that I was a part of the UWE consultation regarding the revelopment of the new campus. I filled in a basic questionnaire and attended one of the planning meetings, with the following suggestions:

1. Rebuild the Computer Science faculty. Of course, because it would mean improving the academic side over making money, that's not happened.
  2. Buy Franchay Hospital, run it as a university hospital by setting up a Medicine degree, and stop it from closing. This one pisses me off the most, as Frenchay was one of Europe's leading hospitals for neurosurgery, and when it closed a lot of the doctors involved dispersed around the country. Again, UWE didn't go for this.
  3. Build a stadium. UWE had a shitload of land, and although the sports stuff was all new when I started it was still a bit pokey. No other UK university has a stadium, and by building one you build a sports infrastructure.

My last point was brought up in the planning meeting, and I was surprised to hear of the deal between UWE and Bristol Rovers. With that being said, I would've been happy for them to go ahead with it, because Bristol is a ******* shambles when it comes to getting anything built. Both teams have now failed to do something as simple as build a stadium on already-approved land, something that even London can do without a hitch.

In many ways, I want to laugh at Rovers' misfortune, but it really doesn't surprise me. You can't build shit in Bristol, another sports team struggles, UWE would rather build accommodation/hotels on their land instead of improving the university for its students, etc.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's as gullible and deluded as the rest of them! 

Look, I'm just having a reasonable conversation with you. I'll assure you I'm far from deluded. As for the "national press", the rumour actually started from twitter and then got picked up in some rumour press sections, it was hardly concrete sources.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

I can honestly say this account somehow manages to surpass the "Keith chimp" account for baseless nonsense 

It was the first source I saw on twitter last night which helped in forcing the 11pm statement from Dwane Sports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Look, I'm just having a reasonable conversation with you. I'll assure you I'm far from deluded. As for the "national press", the rumour actually started from twitter and then got picked up in some rumour press sections, it was hardly concrete sources.

It was correct, wasn't it..? That's a pretty good source, wouldn't you say..?!

19 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

As for the rest of stuff with the Al Qadis pulling out, who knows? Even from day one i didn't believe in the billionaire hype, there are those that don't believe everything they read, that being said I do think he's improved some stuff off the pitch. If he leaves, we'll he was skint anyway. Honestly, nothing will ever really surprise my with this club.

UWE still wants it happen.

They wanted a leasehold deal, Rovers freehold.

Rovers admitted they do not have the funds in place to fianance the new build.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As I said, improvements that aren't the bare minimum standard required by a football club. 

You can see why we find such humour in the well loved phrase "we're coming for you"..! 

And as I said, improvements that weren't happening under previous ownership. Hence why I've been more happy with Al Qadi then Higgs.

Honestly, I didn't even think the stadium would have happened if Higgs stayed, he was flailing after Sainsbury's and that's why he got out. I said this yesterday.

As for the "we're coming for you" statement, you'll have to excuse what some football fans say, we're light years different in terms of infrastructure and I've also said that before, unfortunately, it seems to be idiot supporters who are the loudest when the more sensible get drowned out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Please don't pander to the 1982 taunt. It was an administrtive action. We remained Bristol City and are a club with a long and proud history. 

Great post, I hate it when people say things like "for a club formed in 82 we've won more than the Gas blah blah"....we're Bristol City from Ashton Gate, same as we've always been. A proud club, over a century of league football under our belts, playing in our spiritual home with a proper history and identity.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here...

IMG_4724.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It was the first source I saw on twitter last night which helped in forcing the 11pm statement from Dwane Sports.

The first source was Chris Brown, the author of the book "Bovver" who posted it on a Bristol Rovers Facebook group. To which other accounts, such as the twitter ones mentioned, dived on as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Anyway, I'll just leave this here...

IMG_4724.JPG

They don't want the UWE stadium and are grateful not to be moving, though......? :dunno:

They were even singing it en mass at AG four years ago..........

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was correct, wasn't it..? That's a pretty good source, wouldn't you say..?!

Correct, but I've not known many football clubs ready a bid due to the gossip columns of newspapers.

It was the cover in the old agent long game, leak information to press, mention to clubs that player has a release clause, refer to leaked information as way purchasing club knew about release clause. Happens all the time.

28 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

It's amazing how many gas have come to this conclusion in the last 12 hours isn't it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

The first source was Chris Brown, the author of the book "Bovver" who posted it on a Bristol Rovers Facebook group. To which other accounts, such as the twitter ones mentioned, dived on as quickly as possible.

Was it not also Chris Brown that stated Hami has not transferred money to run the club and there are currently outstanding bills from March with Solicitors letters being served?

Whats the deal with the £10m revolving credit secured on the mem by Dwane Sports showing as a loan to Bristol Rovers?  Where's that money gone?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are they building it with Lego?

Rotherhams ground, all be it new build , cost £20 5 years ago. £8m sound like a new terrace. 
Anyway , for anyone who is staying to feel sorry for them, or a little sad. I make no apologies for reposting this, taken from Twitter, brought a smile to my Thursday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Was it not also Chris Brown that stated Hami has not transferred money to run the club and there are currently outstanding bills from March with Solicitors letters being served?

Whats the deal with the £10m revolving credit secured on the mem by Dwane Sports showing as a loan to Bristol Rovers?  Where's that money gone?

Your guess is genuinely as good as mine. We could be up a certain creek without a paddle, who knows? Again, something we were potentially up with Mr Higgs also.

4 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Correct, but I've not known many football clubs ready a bid due to the gossip columns of newspapers.

It was the cover in the old agent long game, leak information to press, mention to clubs that player has a release clause, refer to leaked information as way purchasing club knew about release clause. Happens all the time.

Either way, the info was correct, nobody's starting bid would have been over £300k, to test that info, and Rovers would have had to accept that bid. 

It was never going to be a "bidding war"

Just now, miagsygas said:

Your guess is genuinely as good as mine. We could be up a certain creek without a paddle, who knows? Again, something we were potentially up with Mr Higgs also.

That is true, however I'm starting to believe that Higgs played a blinder on his sales pitch to Wael.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

UWE saying they have no idea why Rovers have walked away?!

Can someone please explain to UWE that they have no money!

I'd like to build a stadium on their land too. I can't because I don't have any money either. 

• Like 1