padstow Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 479 posts
19 minutes ago via mobile pirate and Langford Gas like this
Post Options

Post by padstow on 19 minutes ago

francegas Avatar
Had a look at fb page and Chris Brown (not one for making up BS) has stated he has heard bad news from Rovers. Basically Hani has ditched the stadium and has put no money across to run the club. Has any one heard anything to collaberate this?

Yes about 3 weeks ago
There is a move to put a winding up order before the courts by a group of creditors

From their forum now, suggestion of possibility of winding up order. This would certainly explain why Dwayne sports have taken a charge to secure their debt.

A winding up order - here's hoping :fingerscrossed:

In my best Kevin Keeegan accent: "I would LOVE it" if that were to happen!

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

So on a day when the news of your stadium plans going up in smoke are announced, the first thing you do is make a half arsed attempt at pretending to be a City fan!

I notice you say how gAssholes love the club and manager though, and not the owner (anymore). Wonder why??

Pretty sure an identical fairy tale to this appeared on Asschat a month or so ago, what a coincidence, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Gonna feed them yet more bullshit and they'll suck it right up.... Mug's :)

100% that is what will happen. 'It's in the best interests of the club so i'm glad we are staying at the mem' blah blah blah. 

The amount of times I have heard that today :facepalm: and what a load of old bollox it is too.

W4nkers

• Like 1

I am no businessman, but surely if the Head of Terms were presented weeks ago to Dwayne Sports, that would surely mean the terms have initially been agreed between the parties wouldn't it?? Therefore all they had to do was sign it and it's then a goer? Are they just that skint that they have been hoping by prolonging all of these negotiations hoping that someone would come along and finance it all at the death? To actually refuse to talk/reply to emails/phonecalls with the UWE seems shockingly bad business after the terms have been agreed and presented.

Yet we hear from most of their fans it was just a bad deal from the UWE, yes it may have been with the previous boards but that was 18 months ago wasn't it and all of that deal would have been sorted by DS. The so called feasibility study came back fine (and again bought them even more time whilst it was ongoing to find the funding).

I know some of them are deluded but if this Dwayne Sports mob were serious surely they would have already had another set of plans for elsewhere, and/or plans for redevelopment of the Mem already done and submitted 12 months ago. 

There has to be more news to come from all of this, it seems ridiculous behaviour from a mob who have so called money to burn. Add to the fact the head of this mob was being carried on the shoulders of the fans not so long ago.

When will the blue few ACTUALLY ask questions and DEMAND answers?

• The title was changed to Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread
4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I expect it will be . Uwe wanted to much money. We're Bristol rovers we won't pay that. We don't pay **** all 

That excuse surely won't wash if they were presented with all the terms a few weeks ago - and not even been in contact with the UWE either in the meantime. No doubt a few will fall for it over there though.

53 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I don't think he wanted to do one, but has no choice after what UWE has said,

This is fully of the gas's making, there's no one to blame this time,

Don't be ridiculous! 

They'll find someone to blame..! 

4 minutes ago, wood_red said:

What are the chances anyone ringing up questioning the board are classed as "teds"?

I'm sure they will be.

Apparently according to some of their planks despite UWE falling through, 'these are exciting times for the club and supporters'. I'm sure they're right, just not in the way they envisage. Also heard Dopey on the radio saying rovers were 20 years behind the times. Get a grip mate your lot are still stuck in the 80's.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does this change in position now mean that students and academics at UWE will now have to boycott Rovers 'to hurt them financially'

I don't think students and academics watch Rovers anyway mate, the clue is in their vocation.