IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't know enough about this sort of thing so I have probably missed a key step here, but it sounds as if...

The bought the club with money released from the equity in the stadium, that line or credit hasn't yet been maxed out so they can continue to fund the club, but the charge for this is 12k per week.

Assuming they have paid less to borrow the money than they are claiming, they could in theory be taking 6k a week profit out of the club.

I'm not sure if they put any cash in or if it's just a smoke and mirrors thing.

I believe it's called "asset stripping"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

When are they gonna drop this 'Family Club' shite? Banning orders galore over at the dump, racist chanting, punching shirters, head butting mini buses, punching stewards and horses, and opposition players in the back of their net. Nothing 'Family' about the Sags at all. They couldn't be more further from being a family club if they tried. Just refer to themselves as what they really are 'The Tinpot Bristol Club'.

Yes but they are a pirate family club. That means they can do what they want compared to the rest of the football world. 

(adams family tune) The pirate family... doo doo da doo 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

The gas forum debate on racism at the Mem has been closed to new replies....

Why? I hear you cry!

Replies were starting to get racist.

I just read it. I have to hope that my memory decays selectively so that I forget it. Frankly alarming and disturbing in equal measure.

Watching on TV the "highlights" of their drubbing by Posh, I noticed, for the first time, just how very close the neighbouring houses are to the Tent End, in which the away fans are located. It's pretty much in "Please can we have our ball back territory".

As can be seen from the attached overhead, it really will make very complex and costly, any attempt that they make to turn their current tip into a cosy new build. (Nice, even stripes on the pitch btw!)

bristolrovers.jpg

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I reckon they will end up with something crap like this although how they pay for it is anyones' guess!

Standing at either end and they've got their cosy little 12K stadium.

Image result for new meadow shrewsbury

I've been to Shrewsbury, the new ground lacks the 'character' of the old one but it's pretty good for what they aspire to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

When are they gonna drop this 'Family Club' shite? Banning orders galore over at the dump, racist chanting, punching shirters, head butting mini buses, punching stewards and horses, and opposition players in the back of their net. Nothing 'Family' about the Sags at all. They couldn't be more further from being a family club if they tried. Just refer to themselves as what they really are 'The Tinpot Bristol Club'.

Doesn't "Family Club" just mean not very successful on the pitch club, less fans than their closest rivals club, embarrassing little "stadium" club... etc etc ?

• Like 1

In my day (when I went to the occasional Rugby match) there was a full size training pitch behind the opposite main stand. I note that it's now a car park plus housing development. I trust the money from the sale of the land was used wisely. When was this land sold? 

58 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I reckon they will end up with something crap like this although how they pay for it is anyones' guess!

Standing at either end and they've got their cosy little 12K stadium.

Image result for new meadow shrewsbury

They would imo be better off knocking it all down and just having a huge stand like the Lansdown stand, of course they would need money to do this. Could possibly build it behind their existing stand so wouldn't need to move during construction. 

38 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Watching on TV the "highlights" of their drubbing by Posh, I noticed, for the first time, just how very close the neighbouring houses are to the Tent End, in which the away fans are located. It's pretty much in "Please can we have our ball back territory".

As can be seen from the attached overhead, it really will make very complex and costly, any attempt that they make to turn their current tip into a cosy new build. (Nice, even stripes on the pitch btw!)

bristolrovers.jpg

Hahahahaha look at the state of that.

Any contenders in the football league for a worse ground than that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

In my day (when I went to the occasional Rugby match) there was a full size training pitch behind the opposite main stand. I note that it's now a car park plus housing development. I trust the money from the sale of the land was used wisely. When was this land sold? 

Can't remember the ins and outs but that was another dodgy deal. Think the Rovers directors also ended up owning a lot of those houses.

The rugby used to do a lot of training on that pitch, i remember spending a lot of my youth going up there watching them train.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Ramshackle Rovers are revealing their "wish list" for a redeveloped Chernobyl on Points West at 6.30 tonight.

Should be good for some more material.

Expect loads of fawning questions then (plus probably another outing for that "pie in the sky" artists impression of UWE) but absolutely nothing whatsoever about where the money is coming from or the racist incidents at both their league games so far..

49 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They'd have to do a Bournemouth and rotate 90 degrees 

The only option on that site if they had any money and the site wasn't inevitably going to be repossessed and sold for housing.

Build the biggest stand they can get away with in the car park behind the newish stand. Then knock that one down and rotate 90 degrees. They'd have a new stand at one end and a crappy but useable one at the other while they redeveloped the two new sides, then finally redevelop the end opposite the new stand.

What could possibly go wrong? They couldn't demolish a stand and re-lay a pitch in the close season so some ground sharing would be inevitable - but who'd have them?

Bournemouth went to Dorchester (nice ground) if memory serves.

Bris missed a trick by not rotating the pitch when they demolished the old cowshed. The training pitches were still there then  and the clubhouse terrace could easily have been extended along the whole side.

Asked if "complete rebuild or regeneration" and replied with "it is very difficult to answer this"!!  

How does he not even know what he wants? Surely say "if it is possible we want a new rebuild", "if it isn't possible we will have to do what we can with what we have". Tart up each stand would be my guess if anything happens.

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What did he say?

Wearing his club tracksuit top emblazoned  with WAQ (I'm sure it should be WANQ) he said, without laughing:

"Stadium criteria has improved or changed in recent times ... you have safe standing ... I'm VERY interested in that ... in creating a stadium that is cosy, where fans can create a very good atmosphere because that is important in a stadium ...it is too difficult to say whether it will be a complete rebuild or a partial regeneration ... we have to take everything into account but the advisors we have who have vast experience in stadium redevelopment and stadium builds, are very confident they can find the best solution for this club moving forward. They have built 12 projects. There have already been past planning permissions  and I believe it will be easier and less complicated to revisit these and with the experienced team, to build upon that. We will have to consult with the locals convince them and show them how this project will be beneficial to them. This is the more expensive option but we are happy to invest this money and do what it takes to give us the stadium the club needs."

I wonder whether these much sought after advisors are all working for free?

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

Being taken over again apparently 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10482/new-beginning-2

Hmmm.

So Wael has taken the £11m Memorial Stadium and pissed away £8.7m of that on failed projects and chasing "the dream" of promotions.

They now have sweet f a of net assets, he has spent none of his own money, and is bailing to try to make some idiot pay something over £2m for assets worth less than £2m.

Richest

Man

In

The

World

He has done this to them and still half of them think he's "a great bloke".  Halfwits.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wearing his club tracksuit top emblazoned  with WAQ (I'm sure it should be WANQ) he said, without laughing:

"Stadium criteria has improved or changed in recent times ... you have safe standing ... I'm VERY interested in that ... in creating a stadium that is cosy, where fans can create a very good atmosphere because that is important in a stadium ...it is too difficult to say whether it will be a complete rebuild or a partial regeneration ... we have to take everything into account but the advisors we have who have vast experience in stadium redevelopment and stadium builds, are very confident they can find the best solution for this club moving forward. They have built 12 projects. There have already been past planning permissions  and I believe it will be easier and less complicated to revisit these and with the experienced team, to build upon that. We will have to consult with the locals convince them and show them how this project will be beneficial to them. This is the more expensive option but we are happy to invest this money and do what it takes to give us the stadium the club needs."

I wonder whether these much sought after advisors are all working for free?

Sounds like a job lot of cheap knock off tracksuits? Anything gone missing recently from the World Champs @ Olympic stadium?!....:yes: