IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

"Out of respect for the local community, we will not begin work until official approval has been granted" 

Well that's bloody decent of them! Nothing to do with it being the law..?! 

They would like to ring fence the agreement. . . .but they'll need to pay for the fence first 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Irishred said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/22.08.17---training-ground-update/

The latest info on their new training facilities. They have entered talks about talks apparently. 

That looks like a lovely village green :yes: perfect for dog walking, picnics, ice skating in the winter and home to all sorts of wildlife like otters!

4 hours ago, cityal said:

Not lepers actually

In its former days it was a facility for caring for the mentally disabled named as an "Idiots Colony"

https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/hospitals-and-asylums/3413-hortham-idiot-colony-hospital-brief-history.html#.WZyz3Sh96-Y

It was meant kinda tongue in cheek, but that works too.

anghymhwysedd
Reserve Team

anghymhwysedd Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 400 posts
about an hour ago Henbury Gas likes this
Post Options

Post by anghymhwysedd on about an hour ago

Hugo the Elder Avatar
lordjusticegashead Avatar
Is there an indication that the Al Qadis are? Or is that just more Cider Special?

Complete assumption on my part.

I do believe there is a difference between a rich man jizzing his cash away and a family of investment bankers who are doing feasibility studies and evolving rather than revolutionising.

Pantsdown is bankrolling them and building what ever he likes because he feels like it.

Do you see no difference in the 2 Bristol club owners?

This is correct.

The difference is...unless SL leaves a big dollop of cash for BCFC1982LTD. in his will they will have no sustainable business model to take them forward in the future.

It could be 1982 all over again for the robins.

The Al Qadis are seemingly building the club so it can sustain itself and therefore will not need a sugar daddy to constantly pour money into it.

Potentially BRFC have a better long term future under the current two regimes.

How they genuinely believe this shit :rofl2br::facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:
anghymhwysedd
Reserve Team

anghymhwysedd Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 400 posts
Post Options

Hugo the Elder Avatar
Is there an indication that the Al Qadis are? Or is that just more Cider Special?

I do believe there is a difference between a rich man jizzing his cash away and a family of investment bankers who are doing feasibility studies and evolving rather than revolutionising.

Pantsdown is bankrolling them and building what ever he likes because he feels like it.

This is correct.

The difference is...unless SL leaves a big dollop of cash for BCFC1982LTD. in his will they will have no sustainable business model to take them forward in the future.

The Al Qadis are seemingly building the club so it can sustain itself and therefore will not need a sugar daddy to constantly pour money into it.

So they've gone from telling us that SL is going to piss off any day now and leave City in the financial shit to "unless SL leaves a big dollop of cash in his will" blah, blah blah.

Is SL not trying to implement a sustainable business model then?

What about Jon Lansdown?

The morons would be better off questioning the commitment of the AlQs and their own finances instead of touching themselves thinking about when SL dies.

• Like 3

Wally must be posting on asschat now! Pass around the begging bowl  :facepalm:

A message to the Fan's directors. Could it be feasible to have a means of donating to a fund so that Supporters may have a specific goal of assisting the re-development of the Mem. Those of us who live away from Bristol or who are just not able to attend games may wish to donate.

Older Supporters may well remember the times when a large bin was carried around The Greyhound track so that the crowd could throw coins into. I don't remember who benefitted from this money and I don't propose the same method should be employed today, however, Electronic deposit terminals could be installed at convenient locations around the ground to accept cash and this could be linked to a running total display for all to see. Regular or variable donations could be carried out from individual 's bank accounts at any time. The fund would have to be protected to ensure it served its purpose

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So they've gone from telling us that SL is going to piss off any day now and leave City in the financial shit to "unless SL leaves a big dollop of cash in his will" blah, blah blah.

Is SL not trying to implement a sustainable business model then?

What about Jon Lansdown?

The morons would be better off questioning the commitment of the AlQs and their own finances instead of touching themselves thinking about when SL dies.

But, but, Mr Wally is the saviour for all Gash-heads, he's a billionaire, gonna build them a 100,000 all seater for when they reach the Prem and overtake them Ted's didn't you know? Evolution not Revolution blah, blah, blah.

SL has nothing on Wally 

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

A message to the Fan's directors. Could it be feasible to have a means of donating to a fund so that Supporters may have a specific goal of assisting the re-development of the Mem. Those of us who live away from Bristol or who are just not able to attend games may wish to donate.

Older Supporters may well remember the times when a large bin was carried around The Greyhound track so that the crowd could throw coins into. I don't remember who benefitted from this money and I don't propose the same method should be employed today, however, Electronic deposit terminals could be installed at convenient locations around the ground to accept cash and this could be linked to a running total display for all to see. Regular or variable donations could be carried out from individual 's bank accounts at any time. The fund would have to be protected to ensure it served its purpose

Probably get nicked by one of their supporters anyway.

• Haha 1

Dear oh dear; it'll be bring your own plastic chair and bucket to piss in next.

The £10m security charge in the men will be fully utilised by the end of the season and Dwane Sports are charging 6% interest on their secured loan when a typical charge for a property secured loan at present is more like 3.5%.

So the position by the end of the season if the club doesn't get sold is:

Assets: Memorial Ground £11m

Debts: Dwane Sports £10m fully secured upon the ground.  Plus small unsecured overdraft (<£0.5m).

Net assets: theoretical £0.5m but you couldn't secure anything upon that £1m as the Loan To Value ratio will be too high.

So with no money, £600k annual interest costs, ?£1.3m annual losses before interest the whole thing runs straight into the buffers.

Wael will be knocking on Dunford Jr's door to ask him to take on the club and £10m debt for a £1 as that way he stands a chance of getting his £10m back, a fire sale liquidation won't realise the full amount from the sale of the ground.

Tick tick tick, nine months left to find a buyer.  Good luck with that given that Higgs had to travel to Jordan to find a buyer last time when the club had millions in assets and the possibility of a new stadium.

Maybe Kim Jong Un fancies taking on some sporting ambition.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:
anghymhwysedd
Reserve Team

anghymhwysedd Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 400 posts
Post Options

Hugo the Elder Avatar

This is correct.

So, SL, a self made billionaire off the back of a career in financial and investment services is apparently unaware of feasibility studies, financial sustainability and succession planning. There's me thinking that investing his millions into the ground, infrastructure, management, training facilities would allow the club to slowly but surely become financially sustainable through success on the field and daily, weekly income streams off it.

It's remarkable....nay, staggering that SL did not take a leaf out of the book of the Dunford/Higgs/Al Qadis school of financial management where such shrewd financial decisions has meant;

• not owning a home since 1986 before screwing the local rugby club out of their ground,
  • treating said rugby club so poorly that they ultimately move out of the mem, losing the sags valuable income streams,
  • selling several players on multi-million pound deals during 80/90s yet the club record fee paid out of £400k was 25 years ago, where did all that money go?, 
  • allowing the club to get relegated to non-league without a subsequent financial plan,
  • signing up to a non-watertight contract with Sainsburys then taking Sainsburys to court over said non-watertight contract to argue at great expenses that it was water-tight,
  • 'Surprisingly' losing the case and having to pay costs which were covered by taking out a Wonga loan,
  • not having the financial streams to cover the loan and on-going cost of running club,
  • going into partnership with UWE knowing that you could not be owners of the stadium,
  • purchasing the club after being sold the "dream" before realising the previous incumbent had sold you down the river,
  • attempting to re-negotiate with UWE and carrying out feasibility studies at great expense even though you know you cant afford it,
  • pulling out of the only possible chance you had of a new stadium to go for the option of redeveloping the mem even though you have no asset to sell, funds to pay for it or planning in place to develop it 
  • continuing to lose money hand over fist every week, month, year as you have no income streams outside of 23 home matches

I'm sure there are other gems of financial prudence from the blue few that I've forgotten about, suffice to say, yet again, they are talking out of their arse....... 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So, SL, a self made billionaire off the back of a career in financial and investment services is apparently unaware of feasibility studies, financial sustainability and succession planning. There's me thinking that investing his millions into the ground, infrastructure, management, training facilities would allow the club to slowly but surely become financially sustainable through success on the field and daily, weekly income streams off it.

It's remarkable....nay, staggering that SL did not take a leaf out of the book of the Dunford/Higgs/Al Qadis school of financial management where such shrewd financial decisions has meant;

• not owning a home since 1986 before screwing the local rugby club out of their ground,
  • treating said rugby club so poorly that they ultimately move out of the mem, losing the sags valuable income streams,
  • selling several players on multi-million pound deals during 80/90s yet the club record fee paid out of £400k was 25 years ago, where did all that money go?, 
  • allowing the club to get relegated to non-league without a subsequent financial plan,
  • signing up to a non-watertight contract with Sainsburys then taking Sainsburys to court over said non-watertight contract to argue at great expenses that it was water-tight,
  • 'Surprisingly' losing the case and having to pay costs which were covered by taking out a Wonga loan,
  • not having the financial streams to cover the loan and on-going cost of running club,
  • going into partnership with UWE knowing that you could not be owners of the stadium,
  • purchasing the club after being sold the "dream" before realising the previous incumbent had sold you down the river,
  • attempting to re-negotiate with UWE and carrying out feasibility studies at great expense even though you know you cant afford it,
  • pulling out of the only possible chance you had of a new stadium to go for the option of redeveloping the mem even though you have no asset to sell, funds to pay for it or planning in place to develop it 
  • continuing to lose money hand over fist every week, month, year as you have no income streams outside of 23 home matches

I'm sure there are other gems of financial prudence from the blue few that I've forgotten about, suffice to say, yet again, they are talking out of their arse....... 

I thought they had not owned their home since 1939?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cityal said:

Not lepers actually

In its former days it was a facility for caring for the mentally disabled named as an "Idiots Colony"

https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/hospitals-and-asylums/3413-hortham-idiot-colony-hospital-brief-history.html#.WZyz3Sh96-Y

Nice that they'll be able to use it's original name if it ever gets built.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Tinpot and Bin Dippers now! They are absolute comedy platinum!

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

My oh my!  

If you were generous (and for ease of maths) and said they get 10,000 every home game, and all 10,000 donated £1 to the cause, that would be £10,000 per match, 23 league home games gives you £230,000 a season.

To fund the £45m rebuild we have just had using this funding method would, by my maths, take 195 seasons, by which point we will be flying about on hover boards, up to our ears in flux capacitors and the cost of the build will be 45,000,000,000,000,000!

Crack on boys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Without quoting @RedRaw and the valid points made, they did overlook the fact that after all those near misses with loans, watertight contracts, failed stadium builds and under investment in the first team, they DO have championship read sprinklers.

So they haven't wasted every penny.

they also leak

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A link to DP on here.. my life is complete. 

Oh god! I'm sorry Tomarse!

Maybe I should make clear that obviously there is no link betwen OTIB and derelictplaces

However there very clearly IS a link betwen the blue few and derelict places